offical "well that was obviously really stupid " thread

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Here is the situation in vivid detail, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of hearing it yet:D:

Basically, a few years ago, when I was setting up a checking account with Sovereign Bank in philly, I came to a crossroads when it came time to personalize my checks.

For some odd reason I got the urge to be a ham and try and write something hilarious on the check. I could either go for it or be the same old boring schmuck as always so I went for it. I had a great saying on my mind, but I couldn't quite remember it.

When it came time to tell the guy what I wanted, I was still at a loss for words, and he asked me kindly if I would recite it to see if I could come up with what I wanted to say...

Needless to say, after I started blurting out, "I want to kill my grandfather....no no, I want to die like him....no no...my grandfather died in his sleep and flew off a cliff with some people in his car and I want to die like him" the agent was in shock.

What I intended to say was "When I die, I want to go like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like all the passengers in his car," but appearantly I didn't get that accross...:p

that guy always looked at me weird from then on when I went intheir to drop off checks...wonder why:p