**Offical 2016-17 NFL Week 13 'Raidaz' Thread**

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I hope Thomas is okay. It would suck if he can't (or chooses not to) play again.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I look at Levy and think about Gronk. That dude got his ACL torn, came back, and got another knee injury, came back and played hurt with all kinds of issues. So did JJ Watt before his back surgery.

This dude Levy looking like a little girl. A thigh injury keeps you out almost 2 years, and when he can come back, he's talking about "CTE"?

Not buying it. He really wants to retire, but doesn't want to give any money back if he does, so he seems to by lying just so he can collect a paycheck.

And you're right about Stafford and Jim Bob. He let Stafford shape the offense, and now its paying off. Lombardi probably was a control-freak.

Yeah Nah Rob, just because he's been injured doesn't mean he shouldn't be talking about CTE, it's an issue for all football players and i commend him for calling out the leagues hypocrisy about it. The franchise has been nothing but supportive of him during these injuries, if he was trying to 'fake' it and wanting out of his contract they'd have released him long ago. Do you really think they can fake this shit at their level? smh

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Yeah Nah Rob, just because he's been injured doesn't mean he shouldn't be talking about CTE, it's an issue for all football players and i commend him for calling out the leagues hypocrisy about it. The franchise has been nothing but supportive of him during these injuries, if he was trying to 'fake' it and wanting out of his contract they'd have released him long ago. Do you really think they can fake this shit at their level? smh

I don't think I said he shouldn't be talking about CTE. My point was that I think he doesn't really want to play, hence, hiding behind the CTE as a reason. If its that serious, why doesn't he just retire?

Its kind of hypocritical for a player to talks about CTE at the level he does, while calling the NFL hypocrites, and at the same time signing contract extension and giving the impression he has no intent to retire, thus putting his own brain at risk by his own choice.

That's like criticizing your employers business practice while at the same time refusing to find another place to work. Don't complain, or quit.

However, the Lions have opened themselves up to us speculating on Levy. They refuse to answer questions about him, and he's secretive unless one of his columns need to be read.

Its all nonsense.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I don't think I said he shouldn't be talking about CTE. My point was that I think he doesn't really want to play, hence, hiding behind the CTE as a reason. If its that serious, why doesn't he just retire?

Its kind of hypocritical for a player to talks about CTE at the level he does, while calling the NFL hypocrites, and at the same time signing contract extension and giving the impression he has no intent to retire, thus putting his own brain at risk by his own choice.

That's like criticizing your employers business practice while at the same time refusing to find another place to work. Don't complain, or quit.

However, the Lions have opened themselves up to us speculating on Levy. They refuse to answer questions about him, and he's secretive unless one of his columns need to be read.

Its all nonsense.

"Levy, who took a shot at Colts owner Jim Irsay after Irsay’s recent comments questioning the link between football and CTE, says no one should downplay the risks inherent to football.

So why does Levy keep playing? He says he’s a risk taker by nature, and he has more he wants to accomplish in a game he still loves.

“I really do love the competition and the challenges that football provides,” Levy said. “At this point, it’s about making sure that anyone playing across all levels know the risks so that their decision isn’t based on one-sided misinformation being provided by the league.”

The players who criticize the league over head injuries rarely say they regret playing football. What Levy and many others say is that they wish the owners would level with them about the risks."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-already-have-cte-but-i-still-love-football/

I'd like to see him play again for the Lions, i'll give him and the team the benefit of doubt as they know a lot more about what's going on with him injury wise than us Monday morning quarterbacks. If he doesn't want to play i agree he should just quite.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
"Levy, who took a shot at Colts owner Jim Irsay after Irsay’s recent comments questioning the link between football and CTE, says no one should downplay the risks inherent to football.

I totally agree here.

So why does Levy keep playing? He says he’s a risk taker by nature, and he has more he wants to accomplish in a game he still loves.

Obviously, I think this is BS. Of course Levy is going to have an escape hatch for questions that he anticipates would be fired at him pertaining to why he's suiting up every week for a bunch of hypocrites that don't care about CTE and concussions, or HIM by extension.

Its all about the money, because no accomplishment is worth putting my brain at risk for, especially seeing all the suicides and amnesia that has resulted for one too many players.

“At this point, it’s about making sure that anyone playing across all levels know the risks so that their decision isn’t based on one-sided misinformation being provided by the league.”

Agree again.

I'd like to see him play again for the Lions, i'll give him and the team the benefit of doubt as they know a lot more about what's going on with him injury wise than us Monday morning quarterbacks. If he doesn't want to play i agree he should just quite.

Yeah, sure they know more about it because they're being secretive.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Overall, I want to make the point that you cannot go on record calling people hypocrites and liars, accusing them of subterfuge while continuing to show up to work for them every day and expect to maintain your credibility among many of your listeners.

I think they should bring CTE to the fore as they have, but refrain from the click-bait adjectives and personal attacks.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Hard to look worse on those first two series.

Make that four, lol.

Last edited: