Offer one criticism of President Elect Obama

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Backtracking on the telco immunity is my greatest criticism of him so far and I think it was a terrible reversal of his previous position that he'd vote against that.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Gee he has been president elect for a whole 4 days. ill first await him actually taking office, then pushing legislation I oppose before laying any serious criticism.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I don't like his position on gay marriage I think he has an opportunity to establish once and for all that 'separate but equal' is not 'equal'

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
How can you criticize a guy when no one seems to know what he actually plans to do once in office?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
OMG I could give you one criticism per day, or even one per hour.

Today's talking point: he made a crack about Nancy Reagan, HOW DARE HE!

:laugh:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
How can you criticize a guy when no one seems to know what he actually plans to do once in office?

You make a good point. How can anybody assure idiots of anything.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Obama once parked over the line so I couldn't use the spot next to him.
Obama once got ice cream but didn't save me any.
Obama only tips 10%.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
OMFG! He's BLACK!!

I know that's perhaps the BIGGEST issue possible with many people...:D

I'm not an Obama fan. IMO, he's too liberal, too inexperienced, and just doesn't have a strong foundation to build on...

That being said, I wish the man great success. America is depending on it.

HOPEFULLY, Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress will put aside partisan politics (unlike Bush and the Republican-controlled Congress did) and work to get America back on track.
I don't expect any of them to have some magic wand to wave, nor a magician's hat to pull fancy tricks out of however...it's gonna take time, work, and money to fix everything that Bush & his ilk have fucked up over the past 8 years.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
In a world deep in the grips of delusional self hate somebody came along and said, "Yes we can". Crucify him!

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Backtracking on the telco immunity is my greatest criticism of him so far and I think it was a terrible reversal of his previous position that he'd vote against that.

That is a big one, and IMO, says who he is.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Topic: Offer one criticism of President Elect Obama

He's a little too scrawny to take it to the hoop.

If he tries to bring that weak-ice sheet we'll pound him.

(and probably end up at Gitmo)

:D

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Because of his persona, the message he delivered and the hype he created doing it, there may be the perception that he was all talk and no action as far as fixing the economy is concerned, especially among his detractors and those that either expect or promote the idea that instant miracles are supposed to happen the minute Obama takes over.

Here's some pre-emptive "apologist" commentary: It will be conveniently forgotten that Obama is being handed a Country that was raped, pilllaged and eviscerated by Bush and buddies and Obama will quickly be blamed for it all and become the whipping boy of those that will profit from the overly staged public flogging.

The political campaigning that was used against Obama will not skip a beat and will continue on into the next election cycle in the hopes that Obama will be so weakened as to be easily defeated by the repub's own version of a candidate with "charisma"; most likely already being searched for and then groomed for that scenario ala "Ivan Dragov" style.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I think Obama should have told the McCain supporters that it's ok to come out the cave now. Shame on him.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
He has not talked of closing the Faith Based Initiatives office at the white house - which Bush opened.

I don't want religion to be an influence in governance.