Of the ATI 9500 Pro's out there...REAL ATI the best?

DDDavey

Oct 20, 2000
I've been reading here as to what seems to be the best option right now for not a whole lot of money, read reviews etc. Seems as though the 9500Pro is the better deal/advantage over the Ti4200/4400.

I checked out newegg.com, under actual ATI, and there only seems to be one....for $198

ATI RADEON 9500 PRO 128MB DDR DVI AGP RETAIL
Specifications:
Chipset:9500 PRO Visual Processing Unit
Engine clock: 275 MHz
Memory:128MB of double data rate SDRAM
Memory speed: 540 MHz
Eight parallel rendering pipelines
Four parallel geometry engines
128-bit DDR memory interface
BUS: AGP 8X support
OS Support: Windows® XP, Windows® 2000, Windows® Me
Ports; VGA + DVI + S-Video
Retail box (see pics for details) Model#: RADEON 9500 PRO 128M

Is this the one to get? Eh, time to go home, I'll finish this post after :D

renditionkid

Dec 9, 2002
If you wait abit Hercules or some other vender will probably put a version of the 9500 PRO with better cooling than the stock ATI one. But performance wise I doubt there would be a big difference.;)

DDDavey

Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by: renditionkid
If you wait abit Hercules or some other vender will probably put a version of the 9500 PRO with better cooling than the stock ATI one. But performance wise I doubt there would be a big difference.;)

I've been "waiting" since 1999, It's time to build :D Reason I ask, is it's the only ATI 9500 I see. There are also some by Sapphire, but I can't find too much about them on here.

Here's the 128MB Sapphire for $182:

ATI OEM RADEON 9500 128MB DDR BULK
Specifications:
Chipset: ATI RADEON 9500
Memory:128MB 128-bit DDR memory
Supports the new AGP 8X standard (2.0 GB/sec)
Unique VIDEOSHADER? engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals
ATI's latest FULLSTREAM? technology removes blocky artifacts from streaming Internet video and provides sharper image quality
SMARTSHADER? 2.0 technology allows users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications
OEM Box (see pics)