Odd mobo hickups

Sequences

Nov 27, 2012
My computer has been experiencing some strange hickups for a while, and I'm not sure to the reason. I hope you guys can help shed some light on this.

My setup:
Phenom II 1090T (no overclock)
8GB RAM (2*4GB DIMMS)
ASUS M4A88T-M LE
1 SSD boot drive
1*2TB storage drive

On occasion the computer will "freeze". By that I mean Windows seems to work fine, but certain actions will lag for a long time (read up to a minute). HDD access hangs/freezes, HDD lights on the case (IDE lights?) is on, and internet doesn't work. These things all go through the NB, so it might be that. I am not sure though.

Things I have checked:
  • CPU is running within spec
  • RAM is running within spec
  • minimal hdd usage - the HDD is a Samsung green drive that doesn't spool up unless used
  • I have run SMART checks on all drives connected to the computer, and they ran without trouble reporting healthy drives.

Is there anything else I can do to try diagnose the problem?

SOFTengCOMPelec

Platinum Member
May 9, 2013
My computer has been experiencing some strange hickups for a while, and I'm not sure to the reason. I hope you guys can help shed some light on this.

My setup:
Phenom II 1090T (no overclock)
8GB RAM (2*4GB DIMMS)
ASUS M4A88T-M LE
1 SSD boot drive
1*2TB storage drive

On occasion the computer will "freeze". By that I mean Windows seems to work fine, but certain actions will lag for a long time (read up to a minute). HDD access hangs/freezes, HDD lights on the case (IDE lights?) is on, and internet doesn't work. These things all go through the NB, so it might be that. I am not sure though.

Things I have checked:
  • CPU is running within spec
  • RAM is running within spec
  • minimal hdd usage - the HDD is a Samsung green drive that doesn't spool up unless used
  • I have run SMART checks on all drives connected to the computer, and they ran without trouble reporting healthy drives.

Is there anything else I can do to try diagnose the problem?

This might help (you did not seem to say which versions of windows)...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/94975-how-do-i-view-error-log-see-why-windows-7-64-bit-keeps-freezing.html

Does anyone know if any of the Celeron 1037U motherboards are actually available for purchase? I'm finding quite a few listings with manufacturers, but I can't find any retailers that actually sell them. :(

Any information would be of help....

You really need to start a new thread of your own.

Sequences

Nov 27, 2012
Last edited: