Odd electrical proplems with 2002 Dodge Stratus

2canSAM

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
2002 Dodge Stratus SE+ 80,000 Miles. Love this car for what I paid for it but am having some odd electrical problems. I have checked all the fuses (Dash and under the Hood) and have seen none that are blown. Have only checked the ones I though were revelant with the meter though and they all test good, other were checked visually. Here are the problems. When this started I was driving in Dry but cool conditions and about 15 minutes into a 20 minute trip. What happened was my headunit went Dead. I didn't have any lights, beep in response to button pushes, nothing. Got to the end of the trip and checked both the radio fuses. These were good but I did not time to mess with anything further. The next day everything was working fine. Then a few days later and I am at this point with the electrical issues.

Power Door Locks will not Lock/Unlock using the controls inside the car. The remote keyfob will unlock/lock the doors but only when the car is in ACC or running. They will not work when the car is in any other gear than park and the doors automatically lock when the spedo hits 15MPH.

Turning on the interior light does not work. Have not tried to replace the bulb but will be doing that today so it might not be a problem. It may have just blown during what ever happened with the electrical.

Horn, does not work it car is not running, but headlights, turn signals and brake lights all work.

I know this is very vague, but was hoping someone had some suggestions before dropping the Diag fee at the stealership

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Just for grins replace the fuses then if the problems persist start looking for a ground problem.