OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS not booting.

Tarvaln

Apr 28, 2004
SSD has stopped booting. It will not show in BIOS. Is there another way to test it or something I can try? Is this the standard "death" of a SSD? I've never has one fail before.

Thanks

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Actually, that is typical SSD death no matter the maker.
The only thing you can try is to try it in another machine. If it don't work there either, then, you are looking at a brick.

nanaki333

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2002
Actually, that is typical SSD death no matter the maker.
The only thing you can try is to try it in another machine. If it don't work there either, then, you are looking at a brick.

so far, i've had it happen to several SF drives, vertex/agility 2/3 drives. luckily i haven't had any other failures i guess though. this forum used to be rife with vertex 3 drives dying back when they were the fastest available. :)

birthdaymonkey

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2010
SSD has stopped booting. It will not show in BIOS. Is there another way to test it or something I can try? Is this the standard "death" of a SSD? I've never has one fail before.

Thanks

Yep, be thankful you got so many years out of it and move on.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Well 2011 to 2016, that's 5 years. I still have one but replacing it this weekend with samsung 850 evo. Mind u it hasnt been a system drive for years, just a 250gb games drive so it didn't see as many writes as my main system drive.