OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 2X2GB $4.25 AR

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Lucifer Lost
Originally posted by: EvilRage+1 on getting OCZ rebates, I'm 2 for 2 so far (well assuming I get the 2nd one, which they just confirmed they received my claim so seems like smooth sailing from there). Haven't heard of any problems with OCZ rebates and haven't had any problems myself.

I sent in a memory rebate recently and got back a "no upc included" card. And even though I have photo-copies of everything I sent them, including the UPC, they would not budge siting their "quality control."

Sorry. All that illustrates is poor quality control (at best) or willful customer fraud (at worst.) I am disciplined in that I put together my rebates on the day I receive the product and I photocopy *everything.*

Given my recent experience, I'm not surprised that others are also having problems as well.

I won't be buying any more of their products. Rebates are hassles enough without having dishonest people handling them.

This is exactly what happened to me. Im an old school Hot Dealer, I have copies of everything, but no dice.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: AAjax
Originally posted by: Lucifer Lost
I sent in a memory rebate recently and got back a "no upc included" card. And even though I have photo-copies of everything I sent them, including the UPC, they would not budge siting their "quality control."

This is exactly what happened to me. Im an old school Hot Dealer, I have copies of everything, but no dice.

Create an account at OCZ forums and post in their Rebate forum.

Note that I am a bit wary of OCZ rebates as well, because I had one that had a "mail within 10 days" clause. Guess what? That's how long it took the RAM to get to me.