OCing an E6600 F batch

bmf2442

May 1, 2007
I was one of the unlucky ones to get an F batch of E6600. I just overclocked it yersterday (1st time ever OCing) to 2.7GHz. From what I have read the F's are terrible for OCing. What is a reasonable OC for them? I reached 2.7 easy, but when running Orthos the temps averaged 58-56C. Could I go farther? What is the E6600 Max temp?

gramboh

Platinum Member
May 3, 2003
You should be able to reach at least 3.2GHz with a decent cooler, or are you using the stock one?

Personally, I think Orthos load temps up to 65C are fine, the reason being that under 'normal' desktop use, you are never going to reach Orthos load temps unless you are folding or something. E.g. my Orthos temps are maxing out around 58c on my current OC, but under my normal desktop use/gaming it never goes over 50c.

I'd try for 3.2GHz by dropping the multiplier to 8 and doing 8x400.

jhurst

Mar 29, 2004
I'm really starting to believe that there is not one "magic" batch. I have read a ton of different peoples E6600 testimonials, and they range from 2.7 max, to 3.8 (on air) max, ranging from A-F batches.

I got a "G" batch and am only able to max out at 3.0ghz, but I have read others get this same batch (week,etc.) up to 3.5. It's really funny reading some article that blast the F batch, then read multiple users say that they are able to OC the hell outta 'em.