oc'ing 9700pro

hungry4eva

Aug 10, 2001
Hi all. I am a newbie to oc'ing. How do you oc a 9700pro? Is there a program or something? I'm just doing this for fun. Please nothing too hardcore. Thanks!

sman789

Banned
May 6, 2003
move one slider at a time like in increments of 15 for core and 5 for memory....do 3dmark after each time....if you see whole screen anomolies, lower the core...spots/artifacts, lower the memory

then play at least an hour of your favorite game to see if its stable

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
im ocing 9700np and flashing it to its original pro (yes i was lucky to get that version). Will i see any voltage changes or need to up any voltages? If i will. what rail will the oc affect

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: FFactory0x
im ocing 9700np and flashing it to its original pro (yes i was lucky to get that version). Will i see any voltage changes or need to up any voltages? If i will. what rail will the oc affect

i think if voltages are supposed to be upped, the flashing will do it itself

Slappy00

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2002
there is an upper limit to voltages, and b/c the voltages are controlled by an IC chip you need to do physical mods to get higher voltages for a good OC.

As the article im about to link to states you NEED to get something better than AIR cooling to make voltage mods work. I have a Koolance EXOS coming in the mail tommarrow and I am going ot do this (after a trip to Raidio Shack), but the results are impressive to say the least (453 core...stable) there are mods for upping the voltage for the memory chips too.

(too lazy to use the link tool) http://www.ipkonfig.com/Reviews/Mods/Radeon9700_OC-Project/