Occupy WS vandalize Obama campaign office.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
In case you were wondering what that group of anti-social and violent group of liberals is doing...... you know the "Occupy Wall Street" or occupy their parents basement, or occupy a public park to use it as a restroom. You know. You remember? It was only last year, you have to remember. Well I guess a group of them vandalized an Obama campaign office. It looks that way, but for some reason they just don't get that lovely media label anymore. The media darling Occupy movement has become a nameless, faceless movement that is no longer wanted by Obama or the media.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...807b78-ddf7-11e1-8ad1-909913931f71_story.html

August 5, 2012
OWS Protestors Vandalize Obama Campaign Office
Randy Fardal

Without mentioning Occupy Wall Street, the Associated Press reported that "protestors" vandalized an Obama campaign office in Oakland, California, Friday evening. Other Big Media outlets, such as the Washington Post, ran the AP version of the story. That's excusable, since the AP made it look like a small story, and it happened on the opposite side of the continent from most WaPo readers. But the local CBS affiliate ran its own version of the story without revealing that the protestors were part of the Democrat-supported OWS movement.

Yes, every activist group has its lunatic fringe, but the Democrat sponsored, endorsed, and lauded Occupy movement appears to be comprised of nothing but lunatics. And just months ago, OWS was hailed as the face of the 21st century Democrat Party. Perhaps it is.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/08/ows_protestors_vandalize_obama_campaign_office.html

Having fun with your media.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hey wait, I thought OWS was a bunch of communists and Obama was a communist too. Why is Occupy Oakland so mad at him then?

Hmmm.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Hey wait, I thought OWS was a bunch of communists and Obama was a communist too. Why is Occupy Oakland so mad at him then?

Hmmm.

Dunno, but I do know that we won't get an honestly reported story from the Democrat biased media.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Just laugh at the irony of him fapping about "honestly reported stories" while posting a story from American Thinker [sic]. American Thinker being the tabloid that published that overtly dishonest story claiming Obama was trying to suppress military votes in Ohio. At least we know have a better idea of who tells him what to think.

Edit: FYI, one of the reports said some of these protestors were chanting something about "leaving their marijuana alone", suggesting they were upset about the federal crackdown on medical marijuana dispensaries. And contrary to Monovillage's snig.gering insinuation that this is somehow aberrant, when OWS was active it frequently protested Obama and other Democratic offices.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Dunno, but I do know that we won't get an honestly reported story from the Democrat biased media.

And linking AmericanThinker.com is supposed to represent honest reporting? Isn't that the same site that gave us Obama trying to supress military votes in Ohio? That was pretty honest.

Edit. Shoulda read whole thread first. Hypocricy already pointed out.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
And linking AmericanThinker.com is supposed to represent honest reporting? Isn't that the same site that gave us Obama trying to supress military votes in Ohio? That was pretty honest.

Edit. Shoulda read whole thread first. Hypocricy already pointed out.

Did you read the Washington Post link first or did you by any chance read the AP story?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Just laugh at the irony of him fapping about "honestly reported stories" while posting a story from American Thinker [sic]. American Thinker being the tabloid that published that overtly dishonest story claiming Obama was trying to suppress military votes in Ohio. At least we know have a better idea of who tells him what to think.

Edit: FYI, one of the reports said some of these protestors were chanting something about "leaving their marijuana alone", suggesting they were upset about the federal crackdown on medical marijuana dispensaries. And contrary to Monovillage's snig.gering insinuation that this is somehow aberrant, when OWS was active it frequently protested Obama and other Democratic offices.

Honestly when was the last time a bunch of citizens marched down the street and vandalized offices ? When was the last time this happened and it didn't ever get any coverage from the media? Maybe it was a group of aliens that did the marching and the destruction?

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Yes, all the Tea Party members were joined in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street.

Or they decided to tag along and cause trouble. You'd think the tea partiers would stand out in the mobility scooters, but I guess they were sneaky.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
They're mad he hasn't paid their student loans off yet. He betraaaaayed them!!!

As a Conservative with a student loan I'd take a bailout. But Obama knows pandering to a demographic that doesn't historically send many to the polls is a loser.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
they are looking for his dope and coke.

but but but Obama's feds have been raiding Oakland's "dope" dispenceries at levels far more intrusive than what Boooooosh ever did.

No dope left in Oakland :(

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
PARTEEEEEEEE!

(For those still in denial, the referenced moment starts at the 1:52 minute mark, source: OccupyOakland YouTube Channel.)

:cool:

The following is a passage from the communique handed out during the action.

Art Murmur explode with spontaneous energy, with the insurgent spirit of people's free expression and free association. Rather than a controlled spectacle and disciplined promenade of compliant consumers, it has become a truly communal gathering, an epic block party, the night in Oakland when everyone is out and about in the streets. It is a people's carnival of street artists, uncontracted musicians, unlicensed vendors, unauthorized performers, random revelers and rebel spirits of the community coming together simply to be together, to socialize and share public space, above & beyond the call of consumption."

Later in the March after the fences came down at 19th and Telegraph a group shattered the windows of the Obama 2012 headquarters. "The East Bay Uncontrollables said the attacks were designed to protest a Seattle grand jury's investigation into vandalism during May Day protests, "and to continue our struggle against the forces of the State and Capital at home."

Last edited:

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Also keep in mind that people who don't like OWS will pay people to go into the crowd and start trouble. The actual Occupy movement is about non-violent, non antisocial demonstration.

I only saw OWS in NYC and DC, but the Oakland video shows a pretty representative crowd of stoners, anarchists, hippies, street people, homeless, etc.

At least in DC, I know that they camped out in a couple of downtown parks and were a public health hazard, bringing with them hordes of rats that were attracted by their garbage. I was in the area by the encampment at McPherson Square and saw this myself.

The only thing they were successful at was disturbing local businesses and people trying to get to work. The "progressive" DC government and the National Park Service letting them take over the small downtown parks lost ODC support as people working there use those parks to decompress during lunch hours and as walking short cuts. The locals certainly did not join up, much less put their lives at risk to go into these small anarchy zones.

While the small OWS groups certainly are self-congratulatory and the liberal politicians and the talking heads of the press keep referring to them as inspirational, they have gained absolutely no support from the population at large.

If anything, OWS manifest intolerance and ill behaviours have truly pointed out the stark contrast with the Tea Parties. The Tea Partiers can look back to the massive success they had in the 2010 elections, OWS will be remembered for the garbage, the rapes, the ODs and the city sanitation guys in orange suits and face masks coming out with hoses and bleach to disinfect their squatter camps.

But, my exposure to OWS was only in passing as I was not working or living in the US at that time and only ran across the squalor when I flew in for meetings. In Europe, the governments generally have much less tolerance and bring the water cannons to bear before the parasites settle in, not after.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Whatever glorious plans the OWS founders may have had, they were destroyed when they met the reality of who would actually hang out in parks for months without bathing. The OWS planners thought people were ultruistic and noble...they were wrong; people are basically greedy and selfish.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Wow, OWS has pretty much turned into the stinking douchebags I knew they were. Are any of its original founders even tied to them anymore? The media pretty much stopped airing their uselesness.