Occupy vs. Tea Party and the TP wins

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
New poll out that shows the Tea Party is more popular and supported by more people then the #Occupy protesters. It seems the more knowledgeable and familiar people get with the #Occupy message and their tactics, the less they like them.

"The Occupy Wall Street movement is not wearing well with voters across the country. Only 33% now say that they are supportive of its goals, compared to 45% who say they oppose them. That represents an 11 point shift in the wrong direction for the movement's support compared to a month ago when 35% of voters said they supported it and 36% were opposed. Most notably independents have gone from supporting Occupy Wall Street's goals 39/34, to opposing them 34/42.

Voters don't care for the Tea Party either, with 42% saying they support its goals to 45% opposed. But asked whether they have a higher opinion of the Tea Party or Occupy Wall Street movement the Tea Party wins out 43-37, representing a flip from last month when Occupy Wall Street won out 40-37 on that question. Again the movement with independents is notable- from preferring Occupy Wall Street 43-34, to siding with the Tea Party 44-40."

There are other tidbits in this mainly Democrat polling company that many on the left should like, but they'll have to read it themselves.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2011/11/occupy-wall-street-favor-fading.html

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
all your work discrediting ows has worked. Congrats.

Thank you, i doubt if it had an effect on this poll, but maybe on these forums a tiny fraction of a bit. Glad to be making this world a better place to live.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I'm happy for you. I know what its like to be important and do good work so I'm glad you are able to experience it, misguided as it is, it feels good.

PeshakJang

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2010
I'm frankly shocked that 33% of respondents answered 'yes' to, "Do you support the goals drugged out hipsters shitting on police cars?"

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Probably because the Tea Party has politically accomplished something, whereas OWS is largely a bunch of pissed off idiots screaming incoherently about equality. They've brought the issue to the forefront, but they have no organization, no clear objectives, little unification and, unlike the Tea Party, are actively disrupting peoples' lives.

If OWS got itself some leadership and an objective, perhaps they'd get somewhere. Frankly I'd like to see a liberal counter-balance to the tea party. Otherwise it's going to be liberal hegemony for a while when the Tea Party drags the GOP into the dust.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I for one am convinced. We need to shift more wealth from the 99% to the 1%, the occupy opponents are right. Vietnam, segregation, and male-only voting were good too.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
You guys won. Guess we're in for 30 more years of Reaganomics, free trade, and poverty. I for one will be arming myself, as soon as I can afford to.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Steal a gun from a Republican. They owe you.

How about I'll pay 50% of any gun under $400 that you want and give you 3 free lessons? Consider it a stimulus. ;) The more people know about guns, the less they tend to fear them and the less they attack the 2nd amendment with useless legislation.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
How about I'll pay 50% of any gun under $400 that you want and give you 3 free lessons? Consider it a stimulus. ;) The more people know about guns, the less they tend to fear them and the less they attack the 2nd amendment with useless legislation.

You know liberals can't say no to a stimulus.

I asked Obama if it's ok, and he said - the following is real, not photoshopped:

101209--ObamaGuns185x115.jpg

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Both are populist movements sick of the elites running the country for their own benefit.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Both are populist movements sick of the elites running the country for their own benefit.

No, the tea party isn't. It has some strains - excuse the pun - who support that but also powerful influences from some of the worst of the 1% supporting the opposite.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Thank you, i doubt if it had an effect on this poll, but maybe on these forums a tiny fraction of a bit. Glad to be making this world a better place to live for the elite few who have been looting America for the last 30+ years.
FTFY

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
No, the tea party isn't. It has some strains - excuse the pun - who support that but also powerful influences from some of the worst of the 1% supporting the opposite.

It's the same populist anger, just channeled differently.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Actually you had to insert your own lie onto what i said.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Your venom towards OWS seems to be greatly motivated by the personal inconvenience they've caused you. While that no doubt makes it easier to rationalize your position, it has no bearing on what's best for America as a whole.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
You know liberals can't say no to a stimulus.

I asked Obama if it's ok, and he said - the following is real, not photoshopped:

101209--ObamaGuns185x115.jpg

Well I guess we'll see what he does about HR822 then, assuming it gets past the senate. I must also point out that John Kerry laughably said similar during his election.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
It's the same populist anger, just channeled differently.

Except while there is some populist anger, it's dominated by corporatist agenda as well.

Founded by a Wall Street hack's rant against the poor, organized by Fox News rallies, supported by Koch brother and other right-wing corporatist funding.

They're the 99% fighting for the 1% in much of their agenda. Get rid of the EPA!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You guys won. Guess we're in for 30 more years of Reaganomics, free trade, and poverty. I for one will be arming myself, as soon as I can afford to.

Damn, I guess we will just have to live with more people voting against their own interests until they've got no pot to pee in until they wake the f up!