OC Temp?

Astroluna

Sep 11, 2008
Currently have my AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ w/ Stock cooling.
3056mhz ( 13x235)

normal @ 15-17*C
Warhammer RVR @ 30-34*C

Temps are pretty good, would you suggest higher bus/Lower Multiplier for higher OC? or keep it at 13x and just up the bus?

Stock HS/Fan's cant exceed 3000rpm either.

Also 9800GT @ 725/2000 @ 38*C norm 48*C warhammer strees.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
15 degrees Celsius = 59 degrees Fahrenheit

I am doubting your "normal" temps......

Astroluna

Sep 11, 2008
Temps are pretty good, would you suggest higher bus/Lower Multiplier for higher OC? or keep it at 13x and just up the bus?

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
dont use speedfan for temps, it never reports accurate results. download coretemp and see what that tells you.

ed: wait i didnt even see the hardware monitor there. PLEASE PLEASE tell me your secret! i want to get my CPU down that cold idle with an ambient temp that is still comfortable using a stock cooler :D

Astroluna

Sep 11, 2008

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: shlemielo
Originally posted by: Astroluna
Originally posted by: Gillbot
15 degrees Celsius = 59 degrees Fahrenheit

I am doubting your "normal" temps......

IMAGE LINK

Huh? Do you live in a meat locker? Try another temp monitoring program and post the image.

Unless you are living in a freezer, I still doubt the temps. I'd want to see an image of a thermometer to show an accurate ambient.

vj8usa

Dec 19, 2005
IMAGE LINK

Ambient temp of 21*C

I think something's wrong with your monitoring software (by the way, your links aren't working at the moment). You can't have a CPU temp that's lower than ambient (not with air cooling, at least).

May 30, 2007
The temp is prob accurate if his CPU is running so hot that it passed the max monitorable temp of the programs and is on its 2nd trip arround :)

disports

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2008
With stock cooling? Hmm..I usually get 28 C idle but even then my room is a little chilly.

Astroluna

Sep 11, 2008
Originally posted by: Dazed and Confused
The temp is prob accurate if his CPU is running so hot that it passed the max monitorable temp of the programs and is on its 2nd trip arround :)

lol.

i keep the pc by the window where is usually cold with a small fan under the desk.

the ram sinks, heat sink, and vga are always very cold to the touch.

shlemielo

Feb 10, 2008
Originally posted by: Dazed and Confused

lol.

i keep the pc by the window where is usually cold with a small fan under the desk.

the ram sinks, heat sink, and vga are always very cold to the touch.

But still, your CPU temp *cannot* be lower than your ambient temp if you're on air or water. What's the ambient temp of your room?

nomagic

Dec 28, 2005
The ambient temperature is 70 degree Fahrenheit, but your CPU temperature is 59 degree Fahrenheit. In addition, you are using stock air cooling solution.

There is definitely something wrong. If you still cannot acknowledge the problem, then I don't see how I can help you.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: nomagic
The ambient temperature is 70 degree Fahrenheit, but your CPU temperature is 59 degree Fahrenheit. In addition, you are using stock air cooling solution.

There is definitely something wrong. If you still cannot acknowledge the problem, then I don't see how I can help you.

+1

As soon as I see someone say their temps are below mid 70's to low 80's, I call BS right away UNLESS they have active cooling such as Phase or a chiller.

People rely WAY too much on software to report temps at the expense of common sense.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
And your bios is probably wrong too. Your CPU temp CANNOT be lower than your ambient temp without active cooling, PERIOD. The laws of physics determine this.

Drsignguy

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
And your bios is probably wrong too. Your CPU temp CANNOT be lower than your ambient temp without active cooling, PERIOD. The laws of physics determine this.

Not to mention common sense. ;)

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Drsignguy

Not to mention common sense. ;)

What, you don't believe in free energy and money trees? ;)

Drsignguy

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Lol, "The money trees", thats been a common saying my mother always have said through out my early years.

But back OT, with most of my family being HVAC, you learn a lot of info like this topic and after a while, it just becomes common sense.