OC help please....

yugpatel

Feb 28, 2001
Recently I bought Celeron 366 from one of the Anandtechers. I want to over clock this CPU to 550. What are my best bets as far as MB and memory are concerned? I am planning to buy Soyo SY-6BVA. The only problem I see with this MB is it does not have a multiplier. Do you think just by setting FST starting from 100 to a point it get stables would work? I never ever did OC so I don't know much about it. I read article on Anandtech about OC Athlon and that article talks about FSB. Any detailed suggestion/link for OC Celeron is highly appreciated.

DavEagle

Aug 13, 2000
All recent Intel chips Celeron, Celeron II, Pentium III are multiplier locked with the exception of enginerring samples. Athlon's are not multiplier locked so you can manipulate the multiplier. Celeron boards do not have multiplier adjustments usually because it doesn't work. The only way to oc a celeron is FSB. Provided you have enough cooling and raise the vcore voltage you should be ok.

Good luck! :)

Herkulese

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2001
I had a Slot 1 - Celeron 266 running at 400mhz (4 x 100) for 2 years with a standard celeron HS and Fan.

I upgraded it to a Socket 370 - 366 on a generic SlotKet adapter with a std cooler master fan and it has been running at 550 (5.5 x 100) for several months with no problems.
Keep in mind that I bought this 366 on a an auction site and it was guaranteed to run at 550.

I would think that an FOP-32 range HS and Fan would be fine.