• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Observations about the Super Bowl (not football related)

SmiZ

Oct 6, 2000
Ok, the super bowl is the most watched event in america. ~800 million viewers world wide. Last night the F bomb was dropped twice before they finished the starting lineups. Tony Siragusa said something to the effect of "Let's f-in go!!" as he ran out of the tunnel, and one of the giants players who I can't remember said "It's time to kill these mother fvckers!!"

There were also commercials for a movie that's due out in March called "Exit Wounds" and at one point, Greg Gumbell said "This portion of the super bowl is sponsored by exit wounds."

My point is that this must have created some odd situations in living rooms for parents watching with children. It seems like CBS would be a little more cautious with the live audio and sponsors. Football players swear and I'm not about to say that I never swore on the field when I played, but there's no need to have a mic right there on the field in those situations. No one running out of that tunnel is going to say anything insightful at that moment.

Anyone else catch anything?

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
super bowl? thats why there was nothing good on last night... not even the shopping channels had good stuff..

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Wasn't CBS aiming for a younger audience then usual.. They had all the teeny bopper bands. You would think they would have paid a little more attention.. I didn't see it though so I'm just guessing..

ASK THE COMMUNITY