Oblivion question

StinkyMojo

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Just reformatted my PC and installed BT Mod and Saddle Mod again only to find Shadowmere missing (with my items in the saddle)! It gives me a "Bay Horse" instead that is highlighted with Red, so I would be considered a thief if I use it.

I think I can spawn a shadowmere via console but are my items gone?

Thanks in advance.

Gautama2

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2006
IIRC he will be back by the tree where you first got him, items should still be there.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Shadowmere should return to Fort Faragut(sp) which is the fort east of Cheydinhal.

Though I did have a game error at some point in one game and Shadowmere never returned there. I had to go buy a new horse. Kinda pissed me off.

StinkyMojo

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Couldn't find em by the fort :(

I'm guessing the latest patch messed things up... I used to have the patch before the latest..

Can't seem to find how to add him in the game via console. Any other ideas?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
*sometimes* he gets lost ... if you cover every square yard of the map you will probably find him locked in an endless battle with a NPC ... with all your goods still in his bag. If he 'dies' he will return to the Fort {farragut?) where you first found him .... or he may never return ... i lost mine and just used a White Horse for many weeks till i ran across the situation i described.

"Search" at the official ES 'oblivion' forum ... there are console commands to 'spawn' him and also i believe there are mods to 'call' him from *anywhere* ... which can still take some time.

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
Originally posted by: apoppin
... i lost mine and just used a White Horse for many weeks till i ran across the situation i described.

lol

I haven't played Oblivion in a long long time. I should fire up my PS3 again :)

StinkyMojo

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
*sometimes* he gets lost ... if you cover every square yard of the map you will probably find him locked in an endless battle with a NPC ... with all your goods still in his bag. If he 'dies' he will return to the Fort {farragut?) where you first found him .... or he may never return ... i lost mine and just used a White Horse for many weeks till i ran across the situation i described.

"Search" at the official ES 'oblivion' forum ... there are console commands to 'spawn' him and also i believe there are mods to 'call' him from *anywhere* ... which can still take some time.

Thanks.. will try that out

Originally posted by: DannyLove
... i lost mine and just used a White Horse for many weeks till i ran across the situation i described.

lol

I haven't played Oblivion in a long long time. I should fire up my PS3 again :)

I bought STALKER for $10 at target so I thought might as well finish Oblivion before I fire it up.. so here I am again :D

StinkyMojo

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
I just used an older save and he appeared out of nowhere.

Thanks for your help guys.