Oblivion mods

kapoww

Sep 15, 2006
Do you need to install Qarls texture packs in order or does III include all of the previous ones? Are there any other mods like this that enhance the graphics for the official in game stuff? I still haven't beat it and don't want to get confused on what's official and what's not.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: kapoww
Do you need to install Qarls texture packs in order or does III include all of the previous ones? Are there any other mods like this that enhance the graphics for the official in game stuff? I still haven't beat it and don't want to get confused on what's official and what's not.
You cant possibly get confused on whats official.
The official stuff is on Bethesdas website.
Everything else is not.

As for favorite mods, do a search in the software forums. We had a MEGA thread on Oblivion a while back and several mod threads since.

MY recommendations:
Anything that increases underwater view distance.
A good house with lots of storage OR the basement mod that links all the official houses together (The all in one basement created by TomWithTheWeather).
The natural environments mod which makes everything look prettier. (wildlife, vegetation, water, weather)

kapoww

Sep 15, 2006
Well I don't frequent the Bethesda website for one.

I just want the eye candy, nothing else. For now.

The basement stuff I'm not interested in atm and underwater stuff is not a biggie.

Are there any other mods that retexture the things Qarl's doesn't? Mainly clothes, weapons, armor and NPCs. I'll look into the environment mod for sure.

I finally downloaded that 1.6GB monster of a file and it looks great. Threw in that nude mod too ;)

I did some searches and couldn't find anything I'm looking for. Could you post a link?

aka1nas

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
QTP3 supersedes his previous texture packs as it covers a wider range of textures as well as having larger textures than the previous packs.

kapoww

Sep 15, 2006
Originally posted by: aka1nas
QTP3 supersedes his previous texture packs as it covers a wider range of textures as well as having larger textures than the previous packs.

Thank you, I just installed it and hoped for the best. Looks great.

I did some searching and found a list that pretty much covers everything.

For future reference