Oblivion - Graphical Mods

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I am going to be reinstalling Oblivion and was curious if someone knew of a good (current and up to date) guide that they could link me too, to make the game look as beautiful as possible. I did download a 1.8GB texture pack from fileplanet which was rated 5 stars, but I am sure there is more that can be downloaded and done with it.

Lazlo Panaflex

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2006
Originally posted by: ArchAngel777
I am going to be reinstalling Oblivion and was curious if someone knew of a good (current and up to date) guide that they could link me too, to make the game look as beautiful as possible. I did download a 1.8GB texture pack from fileplanet which was rated 5 stars, but I am sure there is more that can be downloaded and done with it.

Hey Arch, sorry if this is OT, but I'm curious what your framerates will be with that nice setup. I'm running 1600x1200 HDR (no AA), Ultra high quality defaults but with the int/ext shadows bumped up a few notches. Grass Shadows off, self shadows off, tree canopy shadows on. V-sync off. I average ~70-74 in the imperial city, lots of NPC's slow things down to 35-40; 100+ in the dungeons. Some slight dips outside..I'd say mid 30's-40 on average. I've also done a bunch of tweaks to the ini file (tweakguides).

My lvl 9 Redguard "Hero" is now trying to complete the Arena quest. Slash/block/slash/block rinse & repeat :)

This is by far the most addictive, amazing game I've ever played.

Edit: tks for the link, Chris.

EvilComputer92

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2004
Originally posted by: oldhoss
Originally posted by: ArchAngel777

Hey Arch, sorry if this is OT, but I'm curious what your framerates will be with that nice setup. I'm running 1600x1200 HDR (no AA), Ultra high quality defaults but with the int/ext shadows bumped up a few notches. Grass Shadows off, self shadows off, tree canopy shadows on. V-sync off. I average ~70-74 in the imperial city, lots of NPC's slow things down to 35-40; 100+ in the dungeons. Some slight dips outside..I'd say mid 30's-40 on average. I've also done a bunch of tweaks to the ini file (tweakguides).

My lvl 9 Redguard "Hero" is now trying to complete the Arena quest. Slash/block/slash/block rinse & repeat :)

This is by far the most addictive, amazing game I've ever played.

Edit: tks for the link, Chris.

I'm running on a 8800gt at 1280x1024. I use streamline so it adjusts the settings automatically to keep fps above 30 at all times. Very good mod.

Are there any non texture graphical updates? Even with 512mb memory, QTP3 stutters the game very much. So I went from that to QTP3 Redimized which is just a slightly lower version of QTP3, but still looks far superior to retail textures.

I'm also running with Francesco's leveling mod and natural environments, along with deadly reflex which is a very interesting mod for fighter type characters.

As for my character, I'm going through the game with a level 28 Fighter. I had a mage character which I played to level 32, but eventually the spells began to get boring. I prefer fighting with weapons. So much to explore and do in this game, and I still have yet to buy Shivering Isles or Knights of the Nine. Since the 8 months I've had this game, I'm gotten up to around 110 hours.

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
Oblivion is a great game, with so many mods out there the experience is enhanced tremendously, I clocked in around 60 hours with my character but it wasn't too great and I didn't feel like replaying the game.

I'm thinking of starting over with OOO, Qarl texture pack and a few other mods.

Anyone who gets the game for the 360 or the PS3 is insane, Oblivion is a thousand times better on the PC because of the mods.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I'm thinking of starting over with OOO
Has anyone from the community tried to update and/or clone this mod? I am concerned about Shivering Isles and future content not working.

EvilComputer92

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Has anyone from the community tried to update and/or clone this mod? I am concerned about Shivering Isles and future content not working.

I'm pretty sure that OOO still works with Shivering Isles. Take a look at the mod's homepage where there is a large compatibility list.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh

Running OOO with SI and KOTN and it works perfectly. I'm also running martigens monster mod, QTP3, and a weather-systems mod. If you go with mainstream mods, you'll find extensive read-me's with each that explain what all you have to worry about when mixing & matching. I haven't seen one yet that has a conflict with the official mods. There's also a function in Oblivion Mod Manager that checks for conflicts, which is important.