Obamessiah running away from town hall debates

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: lupi
Originally posted by: Lemon law
IMHO, the people on this thread moaning and groaning for Obama not to accept the requested town hall meetings so his actual policies won't be exposed are really starting to sound like a bunch of children at a second grade intellectual level.

I agree.

No one has said that is the reason.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
IMHO, the people on this thread moaning and groaning for Obama not to accept the requested town hall meetings so his actual policies won't be exposed are really starting to sound like a bunch of children at a second grade intellectual level.

I am a pinhead.

I agree!:thumbsup:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nelly

Uber Neuman just called either me or lupi a pin head.

I can pass on triple dog dare you but these are starting to be fighting words, I shall call up Obama headquarters immediately and demand he avenge this pin head comment.
I don't care how many town hall meetings it takes, McCain better personally apologize for this horrible insult.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: [b:]Lemon law[/b]
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nelly

Uber Neuman just called either me or lupi a pin head.

I can pass on triple dog dare you but these are starting to be fighting words, I shall call up Obama headquarters immediately and demand he avenge this pin head comment.
I don't care how many town hall meetings it takes, McCain better personally apologize for this horrible insult.

My battle is not with you, sir - and I'm sorry for the misconstrued quote - but if a fight shall take place, so be it...

Fisticuffs or Pistols at dawn - your choice sir!

Tally Ho! :D

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
UberNeuman, please do not think I fight fair in any way. Even now I am wetting my dry noodles and I shall first subdue you, and when I have you flopping powerless like a caught carp thrown far from the water under a hot sun, I shall lash you to death with my wet noodles.

But fisticuff may be acceptable after I tie your hands behind your back. Or would you prefer to use the one unloaded pistol I allot you?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Xavier434
IMHO, the people on this thread moaning and groaning about McCain not getting his zillion requested town hall meetings are really starting to sound like a bunch of children at a second grade intellectual level.

First they assert Obama is chicken chicken chicken

Then when many people explain its smart politics for Obama to limit the number of debates, they come up with we double dog dare you.

At then they come up with we triple dog dare you.

And as far as I am concerned, its time to stop playing this immature game, because the fact is and you can take it to the bank, there will be one town Hall meeting and four debates. And the four debates is one more than we had in 04 already.

You can like it or lump it but thats the way its going to be, end of story.

:thumbsup:

Well put. This whole thread is ridiculous. .... The rest of the stuff in this thread is pointless and distracting from the true issues at hand.

Isn't that pretty much true of every CAD thread? Just add a little feigned outrage, righteous indignation, and a dash of disingenuity and its pretty much a Shake and Bake recipe. 19000 posts and still going strong.

Anyway, too bad, Obama is pressing his advantage. He agrees to a couple, if McCain throws a hissy, he looks weak. It may be nice to have a different format from the crappy Presidential Forum hacky debates, but since McCain was so dumb to suggest 10 (basically 1 every two weeks until Nov...zzzzzzzzz) shows McCain wasn't serious either and was trying to distract from his shitty speech on 6/3.

Obama is doing a favor for McCain as McCain manages to say insanely stupid shit all the time in these "townhalls." He never did answer that question either whether it was true he called his wife a c*nt.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
UberNeuman, please do not think I fight fair in any way. Even now I am wetting my dry noodles and I shall first subdue you, and when I have you flopping powerless like a caught carp thrown far from the water under a hot sun, I shall lash you to death with my wet noodles.

But fisticuff may be acceptable after I tie your hands behind your back. Or would you prefer to use the one unloaded pistol I allot you?

:) I'm going to chicken out - I think you'd beat me no matter what...

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
It's funny how when one starts something against Oh-Bomb-Uh in here, they back down at the first backlash they get :laugh: Come on guys!

Mammy's baby's Daddy has nothing on McCain.
Zero experience/THREAD!

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I just heard Obama challenged McCain to a Cock-Off, but McCain backed out citing "unfair genetic disparity"

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: CorCentral
It's funny how when one starts something against Oh-Bomb-Uh in here, they back down at the first backlash they get :laugh: Come on guys!

Zero experience/THREAD!

I'd guess a ball-less wonder like you would see it that way, instead of seeing a joke going on between a couple of members of the forum...

Enjoy the fail, Cor...

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: UberNeuman

Zero experience/THREAD!

I'd guess a ball-less wonder like you would see it that way, instead of seeing a joke going on between a couple of members of the forum...

Enjoy the fail, Cor...

Sorry UberNeuby, I knew what was going on. The fail double flanks on to you :laugh:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: UberNeuman

Zero experience/THREAD!

Enjoy the fail, Cor...

Sorry UberNeuby, I knew what was going on. The fail double flanks on to you :laugh:

damn you...:shocked::D

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: feralkid
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Originally posted by: feralkid
Another smart move by Obama.

Another troll post by Cad.

How's it a troll post man? Be on whichever side you want, that's fine. I agree, it is a smart move, tactically. But let's be honest, if Obama thought he had the advantage in these debates, he'd be there. Doesn't that say something about him?

It's a troll post because of how he phrases it.

"Obamessiah running away"

That's a full on load of creamy filled troll donuts.

So, how was that Jelly filled?

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I thought this guy was supposed to be the greatest orrator since jesus christ himself. Why wuld he decline such a chance to show up the beffudled old man.

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
I thought this guy was supposed to be the greatest orrator since jesus christ himself. Why wuld he decline such a chance to show up the beffudled old man.

Gifted orator or not, he is, like McCain, a professional politician making a calculated tactical move (probably, as others have stated, to avoid giving McCain the free press). I am neither surprised or offended by this move, it's just smart politics if you're in it to win. I think Obama supporters just need to acknowledge that regardless of the message or charisma, their guy is as much as much a part of the Washington machine as the Clintons, McCain, GWB and so many others, for better or worse.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: yuppiejr

Gifted orator or not, he is, like McCain, a professional politician making a calculated tactical move (probably, as others have stated, to avoid giving McCain the free press). I am neither surprised or offended by this move, it's just smart politics if you're in it to win. I think Obama supporters just need to acknowledge that regardless of the message or charisma, their guy is as much as much a part of the Washington machine as the Clintons, McCain, GWB and so many others, for better or worse.

The ONLY people who don't admit that last part are the Obama hating trolls like lupi, CAD, etc. No one else compares him to Christ or calls him the Messiah or whatever. It's fsckin' tired, okay? A person doesn't have to be anything special to be a better choice for POTUS than John McCain. Hell, I'd probably write-in my neighbor's dog on the ballot than vote for McCain.

Nov 30, 2006
Gifted orator or not, he is, like McCain, a professional politician making a calculated tactical move (probably, as others have stated, to avoid giving McCain the free press). I am neither surprised or offended by this move, it's just smart politics if you're in it to win.
You're probably right...I just don't want to see either candidate getting tossed softball questions and was hoping the Town Hall format would be a good format to get to 'brass tacks' on the issues.

Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Vic

The ONLY people who don't admit that last part are the Obama hating trolls like lupi, CAD, etc. No one else compares him to Christ or calls him the Messiah or whatever. It's fsckin' tired, okay? A person doesn't have to be anything special to be a better choice for POTUS than John McCain. Hell, I'd probably write-in my neighbor's dog on the ballot than vote for McCain.
Lol...you getting tired of McSame too and just forgot to mention it?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Like I've said before, I don't understand why people seem to be really mad that someone actually likes a political candidate. I get the impression that the only acceptable form of political opinion allowed on here is to hate all the candidates but grudgingly hate one of them less. (who you will then fight to the death to support)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Doc Savage Fan

:confused:

I didn't realize there was some kind of fair and balanced requirement for every post on these forums.

:roll:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

I didn't realize there was some kind of fair and balanced requirement for every post on these forums.

Right...but yet your whining about my posting about Obama continues...

funny how things are so selective here...

Nov 30, 2006

So true...fair and balanced is the exception rather than the rule.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

Did you ever think it might be the quality of your posts that is the problem as opposed to the target?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: eskimospy

Did you ever think it might be the quality of your posts that is the problem as opposed to the target?

Judging from the responses from you Obamabots in ANY thread that doesn't paint him in a perfect light it matters little what the "quality" is because you denounce any of it.
But I do seem to remember a certain few people whining that I only post about Obama so the point stands. :)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy

Judging from the responses from you Obamabots in ANY thread that doesn't paint him in a perfect light it matters little what the "quality" is because you denounce any of it.
But I do seem to remember a certain few people whining that I only post about Obama so the point stands. :)

As I said before, that is obviously (and easily provably) false.

I'm guessing that you haven't noticed the whole 'bot' thing is pretty old and tired as well.