Obamessiah running away from town hall debates

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
I too have little/no respect for hacks that claim they are one thing yet seemingly blindly follow someone who represents nothing remotely close to their claimed ideology....
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I too have little/no respect for hacks that claim they are one thing yet seemingly blindly follow someone who represents nothing remotely close to their claimed ideology....

Your post would make sense if I vigorously supported McCain. I don't due to the ideological differences between us.

Now back to the topic....if you obamabots can...

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Cuda1447

So its not 'change' we can believe in then? Rather than debating with McCain without scripts he's going to use his advantage of money? I thought it was a different type of politics?

Chalk one up for McCain's messaging team :)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Your post would make sense if I vigorously supported McCain. I don't due to the ideological differences between us.

So you are saying that Bush represents your claimed ideology? I mean even after 4 years of his failed presidency you whole heartedly supported him in 2004. and now McBush..err McSame is puppeting the same bullshit.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: feralkid
Another smart move by Obama.

Another troll post by Cad.

How's it a troll post man? Be on whichever side you want, that's fine. I agree, it is a smart move, tactically. But let's be honest, if Obama thought he had the advantage in these debates, he'd be there. Doesn't that say something about him?

He believes he will gain from the debates, yes, but does he believe that he'll gain as much as all other things he could be doing on a Thursday night?

If McCain actually cared about having the debates, he'd have his campaign talk to Obama's campaign behind the scenes rather than picking the venue, showing up, and hoping Obama shows. The way that it stands, it's pretty obvious that it's a process fight and nothing more.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

How's it a troll post man?

Gee, I dunno, how about we start with the title:

Obamessiah?

"running away" instead of "declining"?

CAD wants us to believe he's got no dog in this hunt, but as a relentless partisan hack who even wears out the peeps of TFNN with his humorless, ideologically driven world view, he simply can't help himself that Obama is going to be our next President.

Lol, it's true, though: John McCain is TOO LIBERAL for CAD. :p

However, as far as trolling goes in P&N, the "flamboyant, provacatory language" of his title is par for the course, on all sides, from all sides, imnsho.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think CSG needs a wahmbulance. First, the Dems aren't going to run Hillary ruling out the effects of 15 years of talk radio inspired Hillary-hate, and now the candidate has the nerve to run his own campaign the way he wants, not the way the rightwing wants...

You guys are starting to sound like a box full of hungry kittens... Mew!

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

So you are saying that Bush represents your claimed ideology? I mean even after 4 years of his failed presidency you whole heartedly supported him in 2004. and now McBush..err McSame is puppeting the same bullshit.

No, Bush does not represent my ideology and I did not say it did.

However, it is funny to see how you obamabots divert every thread that doesn't paint him in a perfect light into a McCain or Bush thread. I wonder if we can have some discussion in this forum instead of constant diversion by you obamabots. Not likely given.... well... how should I state this.... the participants in this forum. :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Perknose

How's it a troll post man?

Gee, I dunno, how about we start with the title:

Obamessiah?

"running away" instead of "declining"?

CAD wants us to believe he's got no dog in this hunt, but as a relentless partisan hack who even wears out the peeps of TFNN with his humorless, ideologically driven world view, he simply can't help himself that Obama is going to be our next President.

Lol, it's true, though: John McCain is TOO LIBERAL for CAD. :p

However, as far as trolling goes in P&N, the "flamboyant, provacatory language" of his title is par for the course, on all sides, from all sides, imnsho.

I haven't been to TFNN for quite some time but your comments are out of touch with reality anyway.
I have no doubt you and your types don't understand that I don't have a dog in this hunt. You are ultra-libs and are blinded by Obamarama and don't understand how people can dare to not like him. Ofcourse that way of thinking also spills into other areas...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
I think CSG needs a wahmbulance. First, the Dems aren't going to run Hillary ruling out the effects of 15 years of talk radio inspired Hillary-hate, and now the candidate has the nerve to run his own campaign the way he wants, not the way the rightwing wants...

I thought he was a different kind of politician! Now he only wants to have structured joint appearances? Why, if his supposed "different type of politics" is true, is he following the same old politics? Could it be is same old politics campaign manager? Hmmm.... Obama is no different than the rest of what the Ds offer except that he has been successful at fooling people into believing he's different when in the past the libs couldn't get that job done.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I thought he was a different kind of politician! Now he only wants to have structured joint appearances? Why, if his supposed "different type of politics" is true, is he following the same old politics? Could it be is same old politics campaign manager? Hmmm.... Obama is no different than the rest of what the Ds offer except that he has been successful at fooling people into believing he's different when in the past the libs couldn't get that job done.

I'm so sick of hearing this. As I've said repeatedly before: His appeal to 'a different kind of politics' refers to refraining from pandering to the base, the 50% +1 ideal of the Bush administration, the character assassination, things like that. It has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not he goes to stupid town hall meetings with McCain.

Going for 'a different kind of politics' does not mean that he has to be an idiot in his campaign.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

You are ultra-libs and are blinded by Obamarama and don't understand how people can dare to not like him.

That would mean something if only the ultra-righties could articulate what it is that they don't like about him or his policies without resorting to garbage like "Obamessiah - Secret Muslim - Racist - (*rumoured 'whitey' video) - Terrorist Fist Jab - Baby Mama...."

Very few righties get into the gist of what it is they disagree with concerning Mr. Barack HUSSSIEN Obama....

I've found the some of the threads that address his policies interesting - but for the most part - it tends to be low brow morons that aren't honest enough to say - "I don't like him because he's a black man...." now they tend to cry the most....

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Obama is doing exactly what every other politician would do.

He is using a fiscal advantage rather than letting the American people see both candidates in a non-teleprompter thinking on the spot debate.

He learned from the best that Republicans can buy :D

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: JS80
Don't worry, by September/October comes, the 527s will convince Americans that he's a Muslim, racist, anti-American, and a Marxist.

Yep, it's a done deal. The electoral college has already been seated and it's red.

Haha, are you still peddling this? By the way, did you notice the latest polls showing Obama up 6-7 points on McCain? I know you said before that McCain doesn't even need to campaign. Is his problem maybe that he IS campaigning? If he stopped would he cruise to victory? Just looking for some insight here.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Since when did McCain get to set the rules of this campaign?

McCain has been stacking his town hall meetings with heavily partisan Republican supporters.

It's like a GWB press conference.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: eskimospy

I'm so sick of hearing this. As I've said repeatedly before: His appeal to 'a different kind of politics' refers to refraining from pandering to the base, the 50% +1 ideal of the Bush administration, the character assassination, things like that. It has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not he goes to stupid town hall meetings with McCain.

Going for 'a different kind of politics' does not mean that he has to be an idiot in his campaign.

Ah, so it's his claim is that he's only partially into "different kind of politics"? Why not take it to the people in a town hall? Why the need for structured joint appearances?
As to the pandering... Windfall profits taxes? Yup, not 50+1...:roll:
Meh, I know some of you are in too deep to ever see but hopefully some will wake up... :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: UberNeuman

You are ultra-libs and are blinded by Obamarama and don't understand how people can dare to not like him.

That would mean something if only the ultra-righties could articulate what it is that they don't like about him or his policies without resorting to garbage like "Obamessiah - Secret Muslim - Racist - (*rumoured 'whitey' video) - Terrorist Fist Jab - Baby Mama...."

Very few righties get into the gist of what it is they disagree with concerning Mr. Barack HUSSSIEN Obama....

I've found the some of the threads that address his policies interesting - but for the most part - it tends to be low brow morons that aren't honest enough to say - "I don't like him because he's a black man...." now they tend to cry the most....

Yep, because those that don't support him are racist... :roll: Wake the hell up. sheesh.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

Yep, because those that don't support him are racist... :roll: Wake the hell up. sheesh.

No, many low brow morons hate Obamessiah because they are racist pigs.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Ah, so it's his claim is that he's only partially into "different kind of politics"? Why not take it to the people in a town hall? Why the need for structured joint appearances?
Meh, I know some of you are in too deep to ever see but hopefully some will wake up... :)

No, you are just making up a definition of what a different kind of politics is that he never claimed and then are complaining that his actions don't live up to your made believe definition.

This is the same thing you're doing when you A.) designate a windfall profits tax as some sort of pander to the base (proof?) and then B.) decide that's evidence for Obama adopting Bush like campaign tactics besides the reams of evidence to the contrary. (ie. the entire rest of his campaign)

Enough already.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Let me rephrase for you, CSG- "UHH-WAAAHH! UHH-WAAHHH! UHH-UHH-UHH- WWWAAAAAAHHHH! He won't do what we want!"

Want some cheese with that whine? How about a hankie?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Let me rephrase for you, CSG- "UHH-WAAAHH! UHH-WAAHHH! UHH-UHH-UHH- WWWAAAAAAHHHH! He won't do what we want!"

Want some cheese with that whine? How about a hankie?

Wow, there is some great commentary... :roll:

Didn't expect much more from you though. :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

No, you are just making up a definition of what a different kind of politics is that he never claimed and then are complaining that his actions don't live up to your made believe definition.

This is the same thing you're doing when you A.) designate a windfall profits tax as some sort of pander to the base (proof?) and then B.) decide that's evidence for Obama adopting Bush like campaign tactics besides the reams of evidence to the contrary. (ie. the entire rest of his campaign)

Enough already.

I took YOUR example and showed a quick example of how it's no different. As to the town hall debate - wasn't previous politics "out of reach" for "normal" Americans? Town halls allow much more intimate contact than the old out of touch politics of very structured debates - no?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Again, sir - there have been threads here and the other places I visit that get to the meat of what fiscal policies that the righties have a problem with concerning Mr. Barack HUSSIEN Obama - that is an honest debate.

For the most part, it tends to be focused on garbage - instead of the man himself...

So, for those who can't present a real argument without the trash - please.

STFU.

or man up and say what it is that you have a beef with....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Enough already.

I took YOUR example and showed a quick example of how it's no different. As to the town hall debate - wasn't previous politics "out of reach" for "normal" Americans? Town halls allow much more intimate contact than the old out of touch politics of very structured debates - no?

At this point I'm not even sure what you're talking about. You're just arbitrarily designating things 'old' or 'new' politics as you see fit to try and bolster your argument. And yes, you took my example and declared it something without offering any support for your declaration. Yay.