Obama's other race speech

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
This post is exactly my problem with the Republican party of today. There are big on daily faux outrages but small on ideas. What in this speech do you guys disagree with? Besides all the dog whistle crap. What ideas do you have problems with.

The Republican party as we know it can only function as an obstructionist party, no longer are they a party that can govern.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
EDIT: I was just trying to cover for my poorly playing the race card.

Last edited:

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
This is a none story, unless you can tell me you talk the same around everyone. But you don't, everyone changes how they talk depending on who they are around. Most of the time you won't even think about it, it just happens.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/02/obama-speech-jeremiah-wright-new-orleans/

I watched this last night and it merely confirmed what I already knew about BHO, that he is a race baiting slimeball politician from Chicago.

The one question I have is how this video wasn't found 4 years ago...

sorry if a repost but I don't see a thread on it yet.

LOL, desperate much?

Let me help you with some research showing how wrong you and Faux News is:

CNN article about speech dated 2007

Oops! New info? Really? Reported on years ago.

But here is a good look at Faux News orchestrating this with Drudge and allegedly Romney's campaign:

Link

So what happened to "Fair and balanced" OP? I mean, you have Faux News basically conspiring to put up a 4 year old video, already out in the public and reported on years ago, and claiming to say it's new?

I mean, you should be outraged at them for lying to you right?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Ah, but back to Kenya implies that is where he came from, not that it is his nationality. I may be getting this wrong, but I believe Obama is American.

But I'm glad you didn't find any racism there. Good work!

Nice backpedal. Wishing him back to Kenya isn't racist. Even though he is American, his roots are Kenyan.

Keep trying to dig yourself out of the hole you made. You still look like a tard for posting that comment. But that's what happens when you play the race card at every chance.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Look, folks... the bottom line in all of this crap is that, as I said, nothing Obama has done or could ever do will silence either his critics or his supporters.

Stop being so goddamn idiotic and whining about someone you're never going to support or praising someone you're never going to criticize.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Nice backpedal. Wishing him back to Kenya isn't racist. Even though he is American, his roots are Kenyan.

Keep trying to dig yourself out of the hole you made. You still look like a tard for posting that comment. But that's what happens when you play the race card at every chance.

Yeah you got me good. It's my fault because this was my first time playing the race card. Is it obvious I'm white?

My mistake. I'll edit my posts to remove the whole thing.

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah you got me good. It's my fault because this was my first time playing the race card. Is it obvious I'm white?

My mistake. I'll edit my posts to remove the whole thing.

Because only people of a certain color can play the race card? Only white people can be racists? Why even bring it up?

Best to just stop now. Every time you post, you dig a deeper hole.

You got yourself this time.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

It is xenophobic and maybe racist. Name me the last time we wished that a politician would go back to a country he wasn't born?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
It is xenophobic and maybe racist. Name me the last time we wished that a politician would go back to a country he wasn't born?

Who is this we? How is this racism again?

How is wishing him back to the country of his ancestors at all meaningful and proof of anything more than idiocy? I'm guessing someone like Rubio hasn't ever heard this before either.

Last edited:

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Because only people of a certain color can play the race card? Only white people can be racists? Why even bring it up?

Best to just stop now. Every time you post, you dig a deeper hole.

You got yourself this time.

Wow... here I was making a joke out of it and you decide to keep hammering?

Just wow.

Hell, I conceded the point to you and edited my posts. What more do you want to 'win' here?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Wow... here I was making a joke out of it and you decide to keep hammering?

Just wow.

Hell, I conceded the point to you and edited my posts. What more do you want to 'win' here?

The time to call it a joke was after my first post. Keep digging....the bullshit smell is overwhelming.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
So, according to the OP, the content of the speech is not as important as how he said it? Or is it because he mentioned the bias in how the federal government treated the different disasters? Or is it because he mentioned his pastor?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
How is this racism again?

Again, explain to me why you would wish he would go back to Kenya. Again, name another politician where people have wished him to go to a country he wasn't born or lived for a long time.

Again, he wasn't born there. He wasn't educated there. He barely knew his dad. In fact he visited about 3 times starting at age 26 if I am correct. Why would anyone wish he go back to Kenya? Why not Hawaii or any other place he's lived?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Who is this we? How is this racism again?

How is wishing him back to the country of his ancestors at all meaningful and proof of anything more than idiocy? I'm guessing someone like Rubio hasn't ever heard this before either.

Since you changed your post. I'm sure Rubio has. And I'm sure it was racist at the time it was said. Now, what is similar between Rubio and Obama? Hmmm... Name me a white politician who was asked to go back to a country that he wasn't born.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
You realize you're now trolling a thread you would probably see stay on topic, right?

I'm not the one posting bullshit comments from somewhere else trying to pass them off as a counter argument and then openly lie about them being a joke after being called out.

There was plenty of time and plenty of posts in between that he could have fessed up to the joke. Right now, its just desperate bullshit.

And how is me calling him out a troll? Because you don't like my commentary?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I didn't, haven't, so I wouldn't know how to answer that question. But keep trying to pin this on me.

You don't know why someone would wish someone would go back to Kenya, a country they weren't born or lived, yet the comment isn't born of racism? Well I'm glad we figured that out.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Since you changed your post. I'm sure Rubio has. And I'm sure it was racist at the time it was said. Now, what is similar between Rubio and Obama? Hmmm... Name me a white politician who was asked to go back to a country that he wasn't born.

Show me one that has parent(s) from another nation. Wishing someone back to their family's country of origin is hardly racist.

But then again, everything is due to racism in the warped mind of a liberal. Seeing this now, since you bring up color rather than nationality, which is all I have been talking about.

Also, I changed my post before your last reply.