Obama's Church - back in the news

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: her209
Never mind that. The man was endorsed by Hamas!!!

And his middle name is Hussein!!!!

Did Obama solicit Hamas' statement endorsing him? NO!

Did Obama have any say in the name his parents gave him? NO!

Was Saddam Hussein, or the late King Hussein of Jordan relevant to the current Presidential election or to Barrak Obama when he was named? NO!

Are your bigoted jackass for continuing to raise the subject as if it were anything other than unmitigated bullshit? YES? :thumbsdown:

WTS batteries for your sarcasm meter, interested?

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: RichardE
Originally posted by: SSSnail
Perhaps. I knew the used drugs of course, but that was there own business, and as such it never affected there judgment or ability to maintain the house and watch over everything.
Right, because illegal drugs are the product of hard and honest work, that never was the cause of any crimes.

Really, as I've said before, support an empty suite all you want, just don't become stupid in the process.

:laugh: I didn't think you guys would have an answer to association makes one guilty

Not guilty by association, just BAD JUDGMENT. You know the drugs are illegal, you know people that you live with were using it, you know the cause, the consequences and the crimes often associate with illegal drugs, yet you turned a blind eye.

You call that good judgment? I don't care if you're not guilty of using or selling or buying it, the fact that you did nothing to distant yourself, or stop an illegal activity says that you're at the very least enabling.

Apathy and ignorant is not something I'd want from a potential leader of the free world.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
You know, I wonder what the public would say if it someone dug up a really large list of people who accomplished incredible things for their country and who also associated themselves with some real nut jobs in their past. I'm not just talking about those involved in politics or even limiting that list to Americans. I want this list to contain their names, what they accomplished, the names of the nut jobs they hung out with, and why those nut jobs were a couple short of a six pack. Surely, that list must be huge.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ
Since what the preacher said was correct what was the problem. I would think that white people who are in fact politically and financially advantaged from past discrimination, even if they didn't discriminate themselves, still benefit from that discrimination to the detriment of blacks. If you are well off because your grand father fucked people would it be too much to ask that you acknowledge that fact, and if you had any real decency at all you'd want to correct it. It's one thing to live on stolen money you didn't steal, but why do you think you should live on it guilt free or without the reality shoved in your face. Pigs are pigs but apparently don't like to be reminded of it.

Screw off. Most people in America are not well off because their great great great great grandparents, whom they probably don't even realized exist, owned a plantation and had black servants.

With someone who has the quote
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."
in his sig, I don't expect you to understand :laugh:

He was just confirming my pig theory.

My issue with illegal immigration has nothing to do with this "reverse" racism going on.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Since what the preacher said was correct what was the problem. I would think that white people who are in fact politically and financially advantaged from past discrimination, even if they didn't discriminate themselves, still benefit from that discrimination to the detriment of blacks. If you are well off because your grand father fucked people would it be too much to ask that you acknowledge that fact, and if you had any real decency at all you'd want to correct it. It's one thing to live on stolen money you didn't steal, but why do you think you should live on it guilt free or without the reality shoved in your face. Pigs are pigs but apparently don't like to be reminded of it.

And how do you explain the poor immigrants of any color that rise out of poverty? Why are blacks the only ones stuck down there?

Hell, how do you explain blacks that DO rise out of poverty?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Perhaps. I knew the used drugs of course, but that was there own business, and as such it never affected there judgment or ability to maintain the house and watch over everything.
Right, because illegal drugs are the product of hard and honest work, that never was the cause of any crimes.

Really, as I've said before, support an empty suite all you want, just don't become stupid in the process.

:laugh: I didn't think you guys would have an answer to association makes one guilty

Not guilty by association, just BAD JUDGMENT. You know the drugs are illegal, you know people that you live with were using it, you know the cause, the consequences and the crimes often associate with illegal drugs, yet you turned a blind eye.

You call that good judgment? I don't care if you're not guilty of using or selling or buying it, the fact that you did nothing to distant yourself, or stop an illegal activity says that you're at the very least enabling.

Apathy and ignorant is not something I'd want from a potential leader of the free world.

So It is Obama's job to ensure every person around him is living a perfect god fearing life? As well as cut off all ties to anyone who has a skeleton in the closet that might come out decades down the road? Are all your friends perfect, righteous and living the good life? Do you accept responsibility for there actions since you might be judged on it?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Screw off. Most people in America are not well off because their great great great great grandparents, whom they probably don't even realized exist, owned a plantation and had black servants.

"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

My issue with illegal immigration has nothing to do with this "reverse" racism going on.

Nope, just your look on the fact what happened to the American Indians can be trivialized in a sig humor line. Would it be as funny if I said "The African American found out what happens when you come to American to do the dirty work!" as a anti-immigration statement? I'm surprised you missed the point entirely though.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007

Nope, just your look on the fact what happened to the American Indians can be trivialized in a sig humor line. Would it be as funny if I said "The African American found out what happens when you come to American to do the dirty work!" as a anti-immigration statement? I'm surprised you missed the point entirely though.

The difference is your line isn't funny or applicable. I have mine there because it's applicable to our current situation.

You want to address the issue or keep pulling the same bullshit stawmen?

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006

So It is Obama's job to ensure every person around him is living a perfect god fearing life? As well as cut off all ties to anyone who has a skeleton in the closet that might come out decades down the road? Are all your friends perfect, righteous and living the good life? Do you accept responsibility for there actions since you might be judged on it?

It's not his job, but it does show his JUDGMENT. It's not my job to run everybody's life, but then again I'm not trying to either; reading a bit more into that, I'm not running for POTUS... You're just arguing semantics :roll:

20 years? Give me a freaking break.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: her209
Never mind that. The man was endorsed by Hamas!!!

And his middle name is Hussein!!!!

Did Obama solicit Hamas' statement endorsing him? NO!

Did Obama have any say in the name his parents gave him? NO!

Was Saddam Hussein, or the late King Hussein of Jordan relevant to the current Presidential election or to Barrak Obama when he was named? NO!

Are your bigoted jackass for continuing to raise the subject as if it were anything other than unmitigated bullshit? YES? :thumbsdown:

WTS batteries for your sarcasm meter, interested?

Only if he posts that he ran out of < sarcasm > tags, and there were none on sale in his neighborhood.

My apologies if that's what he intended. :)

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

It's not his job, but it does show his JUDGMENT. It's not my job to run everybody's life, but then again I'm not trying to either; reading a bit more into that, I'm not running for POTUS... You're just arguing semantics :roll:

20 years? Give me a freaking break.

Yes, you are right I am sorry. At the age of 18 though every person should be following the strict adherence to judgment Obama is in case any big life event comes up where your past will be scrutinized. We can't have any friends who might have opinions that can be exploited. His only lack of Judgment was maybe not deciding to run for president 20 years ago and ensuring that every person he spent time with was a clean cut media immune darling.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

The difference is your line isn't funny or applicable. I have mine there because it's applicable to our current situation.

I'm sure the few thousands of Native Americans found your line hilarious /clap

It's not a bullshit straw man. I was merely pointing out your lack of being able to empathize with any people who might have felt slighted at what the white man did to his or her ancestors. Your sig provides pretty good justification for my assumption, your responses even more so.

(Not to mention if you had any knowledge whatsoever about early settlements you would know your line is not funny, nor applicable)

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007

It's not a bullshit straw man. I was merely pointing out your lack of being able to empathize with any people who might have felt slighted at what the white man did to his or her ancestors. Your sig provides pretty good justification for my assumption, your responses even more so.

(Not to mention if you had any knowledge whatsoever about early settlements you would know your line is not funny, nor applicable)

Good god you are dense. That quote isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's saying "See the Indians didn't control people coming into America, look what happened to them", it has zero to do with my ability to empathize. I pride myself in my ability to walk in other peoples shoes.

You are still failing to see that the people Obama associated with himself are racists... you're just saying it's okay for them to be racist because MY ancestors had their ancestors as slaves. WHICH IS NOT TRUE. I have not oppressed any black man (and neither did anyone in my family to my knowledge), so it is not fair for it to be said I am to be blamed for their lot in life. I understand why they might have a chip on their shoulder (Huckabee explained it very well).

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Good god you are dense. That quote isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's saying "See the Indians didn't control people coming into America, look what happened to them", it has zero to do with my ability to empathize. I pride myself in my ability to walk in other peoples shoes.

You are still failing to see that the people Obama associated with himself are racists... you're just saying it's okay for them to be racist because MY ancestors had their ancestors as slaves. WHICH IS NOT TRUE. I have not oppressed any black man (and neither did anyone in my family to my knowledge), so it is not fair for it to be said I am to be blamed for their lot in life. I understand why they might have a chip on their shoulder (Huckabee explained it very well).

I never said such thing. I was just pointing our your lack of empathy for situations we are not that far removed from.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
well, so far, this is what i've learned from this thread:

obama has no mind of his own and is a product of being brainwashed by his "militant" black/white pastors

his past and present accomplishments are the sole result of his association with his mind controlling commie muslim pastors

he is a black man trying to beat the white man at his own game, and this is the deep hidden agenda of his pastors that obama has been programmed by them for

only through a huge stretch of dog poo luck and the strict guidance of his pastors is he at this time a strong candidate to run for the presidency of this here USofA

his remarkable intelligence, his good judgement, his charisma, his amercian-inspired work ethic, his love of america and the democratic principles that this nation represents and his willingnesss to sacrifice his personal life for the benefit of this nation has absolutely not a single thing to do with where he finds himself at this very moment: on the brink of being the leader of the world's only superpower.

all of this....ALL of this... is due to his being owned and operated by his pastors.

yeeeuuup....that's what learned from our own preachers preaching right here in this thread.

edit - syntax

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
goodness gracious you guys are throwing words around like

HATE

RACIST

RACISM

and you guys do not know what these words mean.

I could argue your point for you and argue it better! but then you wouldn't learn anything.

here is a hint. Don't use the words "hate" "racist" or "racism" because all you guys are doing is looking lazy and ignorant.

Instead try using the words "prejudice" "bigot" "discrimination" in your arguments. There is a difference.

Also

try googling some REAL racist and hate language. Try reading what authentic race haters say. You will see the difference between what these pastors are doing and what real hate mongers do.

Let me provide an example:

We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members. M. Sanger

Then you will realize that all of your arguments up to this point are bullsh!t.

One other thing, we ALL have our prejudices. I have mine and you have yours.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007

I never said such thing. I was just pointing our your lack of empathy for situations we are not that far removed from.

Whatever. So, it's okay for Obama to associate himself so closely with racists? Doesn't this say a thing or two about his judgment?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Whatever. So, it's okay for Obama to associate himself so closely with racists? Doesn't this say a thing or two about his judgment?

As soon as it came out that they were racists he distanced himself. Its tragic to find out such a thing about a life long friend I would imagine.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007

As soon as it came out that they were racists he distanced himself. Its tragic to find out such a thing about a life long friend I would imagine.

No, no he did not. It took a good month after everything came out for him to distance himself. He said many good things about him even after the story broke and everything was out in the air.

He sat in the mans church for 20 years, that's approximately 640 sermons IF he only went once a week. Apparently he was active in his church and considered him his close friend, spiritual mentor, and adviser. You're telling me that Obama or his wife didn't hear at least 1 racist/bigoted sermon come out of his mouth? Give me a break. How can you believe that?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: The Cornballer
Hussein hates America, it becomes more apparent by the day.

Black.

Muslim.

Crack.

That's all you need to know. There's nothing wrong with being Black and there's nothing wrong with being Muslim. Crack is a chemically treated, smokeable form of cocaine. I just want to point out three words: Black, Muslim, crack.

Black, Muslim, crack.

Still want to vote for Obama?

LOL. Didn't think so

Hillary -- she's in it to win it ;)

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

No, no he did not. It took a good month after everything came out for him to distance himself. He said many good things about him even after the story broke and everything was out in the air.

He sat in the mans church for 20 years, that's approximately 640 sermons IF he only went once a week. Apparently he was active in his church and considered him his close friend, spiritual mentor, and adviser. You're telling me that Obama or his wife didn't hear at least 1 racist/bigoted sermon come out of his mouth? Give me a break. How can you believe that?

I have numerous close friends who turned out to have traits I don't agree with years later. Maybe if you socialized with people more you would believe it too. As such you are doing nothing more than trying to pin other peopels beliefs as Obamas responsibility, which is not only fishing but astounding in its stupidity. You have yet to come up with a reason as to why he should be responsidble for this mans beliefs besides paroting "his judgement, his judgement his judgement!!!!" yet I doubt you even understand what the word truly means when you show no judgement yourself in your ability to offends thousands of people in this nation with what you call a "joke" in your sig.

Sorry but to sit there and think that somehow Obama should have know 20 years beforehand he would be running for POTUS that he should, over the next 20 years carefully chose and screen his friends, companions and confidents incase someone in the media decides to attack him is not only unrealistic, but ignorant of how people go about there daily life.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Am all I'm reading in this thread Obama-bots explaining away his poor judgment? It's sad that he has two high profile people like this in his life that he clings and YOU PEOPLE explain it away like it was no big deal. What if McCain was black and Obama was white... and his religious advisers were racists like this. Obama would have become a curse word.

Doesn't work that way. See: slavery.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481
Since what the preacher said was correct what was the problem.

you think it's correct to imply that Hillary is a giant racist?

She fanned the flames of racism pitting 'working class whites' against Obama.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007

I have numerous close friends who turned out to have traits I don't agree with years later. Maybe if you socialized with people more you would believe it too. As such you are doing nothing more than trying to pin other peopels beliefs as Obamas responsibility, which is not only fishing but astounding in its stupidity. You have yet to come up with a reason as to why he should be responsidble for this mans beliefs besides paroting "his judgement, his judgement his judgement!!!!" yet I doubt you even understand what the word truly means when you show no judgement yourself in your ability to offends thousands of people in this nation with what you call a "joke" in your sig.

Sorry but to sit there and think that somehow Obama should have know 20 years beforehand he would be running for POTUS that he should, over the next 20 years carefully chose and screen his friends, companions and confidents incase someone in the media decides to attack him is not only unrealistic, but ignorant of how people go about there daily life.

He was attending his church, to my knowledge, as late as last year. He knew last year he was running for POTUS.

Learn to spell judgment, first of all. Second, Obama is running on his so called "judgment". If he is unable to figure out someone who he aligned himself to closely with, his judgment needs to be scrutinized. If it was a white man in his situation this would be a much different story.

Judgment
4 a: the process of forming an opinion or evaluation by discerning and comparing b: an opinion or estimate so formed
5 a: the capacity for judging : discernment b: the exercise of this capacity

What exactly is wrong with the definition?

I am not saying Obama is a racist just because he associates himself with racists, I'll let the bitter people of PA decide if he is. But, I question is judgment.

Also, my sig is not racist, it's simply saying that the indians did not control immigration and look what happened to what used to be their country.