Obama's Church - back in the news

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Trinity United Church of Christ is back in the news as another long time associate of Senator Obama spews forth racially charged trash from the pulpit. YouTube: Obama's Church: Hillary Cried Because White Supremacy Failed

Obama supporters have called me a racist and a bigot for nothing more than the fact that I refuse to support Obama, yet they give him a pass for his long term associations with hate mongers like this. They'll say "It's just guilt by association and he denounces them", (now that they can hurt him in his quest for power).

After watching this video and the earlier trash from Rev. Wright, I find myself infuriated, not just at the messengers but, at the idiots in the congregation, the people who defend the messengers, and at Obama for his associations with these people.

Not long ago, I would agree that nothing could be worse than Bush but I can see that it can be worse and most likely will be.

More on the story:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/polit...5/priest-and-obam.html

UPDATE: Pfleger appears to have been scrubbed from the Obama campaign's page that features the testimony of faith leaders, but you can see the cached version HERE

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Never mind that. The man was endorsed by Hamas!!!

And his middle name is Hussein!!!!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
pssssst, your emailed instructions stated that you should also include Obama's middle name somewhere in the title...

Hillary is counting on you man, so stop slackin' and get with the frickin' program!!! sheesh...

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: RY62
Trinity United Church of Christ is back in the news as another long time associate of Senator Obama spews forth racially charged trash from the pulpit. YouTube: Obama's Church: Hillary Cried Because White Supremacy Failed

Obama supporters have called me a racist and a bigot for nothing more than the fact that I refuse to support Obama, yet they give him a pass for his long term associations with hate mongers like this. They'll say "It's just guilt by association and he denounces them", (now that they can hurt him in his quest for power).

After watching this video and the earlier trash from Rev. Wright, I find myself infuriated, not just at the messengers but, at the idiots in the congregation, the people who defend the messengers, and at Obama for his associations with these people.

Not long ago, I would agree that nothing could be worse than Bush but I can see that it can be worse and most likely will be.

More on the story:

UPDATE: Pfleger appears to have been scrubbed from the Obama campaign's page that features the testimony of faith leaders, but you can see the cached version HERE

Yikes.

That's it. Have a good cry. Let it all out, sweetheart.

As for the story, my prediction: The media will try very, very hard to show that they're just as outraged about this as they were about Rev. Wright, but it won't get anywhere near the traction the Wright story got.

tvarad

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
Now why do I get the feeling it's HillBilly's handlers that have sprayed gasoline all over this story and rolled it down the hill?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

More on the story:

I once roomed with a friend of mine John. We were awesome friends for years. Guy watched my house every day. Little did I know John was a drug dealer. Our friend Tony was also a friend of mine. Tony dealt drugs as well apparently. Even from our place we rented together.

Either way, John and Tony went down for 10 years a few weeks ago. It has been a year or so since I talked to them really. Should I be convicted with them? I never dealt any drugs.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: RichardE

More on the story:

I once roomed with a friend of mine John. We were awesome friends for years. Guy watched my house every day. Little did I know John was a drug dealer. Our friend Tony was also a friend of mine. Tony dealt drugs as well apparently. Even from our place we rented together.

Either way, John and Tony went down for 10 years a few weeks ago. It has been a year or so since I talked to them really. Should I be convicted with them? I never dealt any drugs.

no, but should your judgment abilities be questioned if you lived so close for so long with these people and never had the slightest inkling that they were drug dealers?

RY62

Mar 13, 2005

More on the story:

If you really had no knowledge of their activities then no. But neither should you be elected President if you were that close for that long and too stupid to have a clue what they were doing.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481

More on the story:

no, but should your judgment abilities be questioned if you lived so close for so long with these people and never had the slightest inkling that they were drug dealers?

Perhaps. I knew the used drugs of course, but that was there own business, and as such it never affected there judgment or ability to maintain the house and watch over everything.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

More on the story:

If you really had no knowledge of their activities then no. But neither should you be elected President if you were that close for that long and too stupid to have a clue what they were doing.

As I replied, I knew they did drugs of course, as that would be obvious. I myself never participated, nor did I tell them it was ok. It was there own personal business that I had no business in. Since it never affected the house, or any of the goings of the house. They of course did it in private and I never saw them "stoned" as it would be called.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
RichardE

Consider that Obama did know what was going on. He attended for many years and even apparently felt the message was OK for his kids.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I don't think Obama's a racist... I do question his judgment when he calls someone who says something like this a "wonderful pastor."

When Hillary was crying [gesturing tears, uproarious laughter from audience]--and people said that was put-on--I really don't believe it was put-on.

I really believe that she just always thought "This is mine" [laughter, hoots]. "I'm Bill's wife. I'm white. And this is mine. And I jus' gotta get up. And step into the plate." And then out of nowhere came, "Hey, I'm Barack Obama." And she said: "Oh, damn! Where did you come from!?!?!" [Crowd going nuts, Pfleger screaming]. "I'm white! I'm entitled! There's a black man stealing my show." [Sobs.] She wasn't the only one crying! There was a whole lotta white people cryin'!

and

unless you're willing to give up the benefits, then you must be responsible for what was done in your generation 'cuz you are the beneficiary of this insurance policy!

(lifted from http://online.wsj.com/article/...1207853534129667.html)

I don't see how even the most rampant fanboy can't ponder why Obama's expressed such poor judgment in choosing his spiritual advisers.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
RichardE

Consider that Obama did know what was going on. He attended for many years and even apparently felt the message was OK for his kids.

Well, Obama said that he never heard Wight preach that poisonous message of hate. Really seems Wight only lost it recently as far as his message goes. So I guess you either fit into the "this guy preached this hate filled message twice a day every Sunday for the last 20 years or so" or "This was a recent event and Obama never heard these type of poisonous sermons.

I don't blame people for grasping onto it. Obama has pretty much been controversy immune but even this is fading for the reason that I suspect is most people understand this guy did not preach this sermon twice a day every Sunday for the last few decades.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481
I don't think Obama's a racist... I do question his judgment when he calls someone who says something like this a "wonderful pastor."

When Hillary was crying [gesturing tears, uproarious laughter from audience]--and people said that was put-on--I really don't believe it was put-on.

I really believe that she just always thought "This is mine" [laughter, hoots]. "I'm Bill's wife. I'm white. And this is mine. And I jus' gotta get up. And step into the plate." And then out of nowhere came, "Hey, I'm Barack Obama." And she said: "Oh, damn! Where did you come from!?!?!" [Crowd going nuts, Pfleger screaming]. "I'm white! I'm entitled! There's a black man stealing my show." [Sobs.] She wasn't the only one crying! There was a whole lotta white people cryin'!

and

unless you're willing to give up the benefits, then you must be responsible for what was done in your generation 'cuz you are the beneficiary of this insurance policy!

(lifted from http://online.wsj.com/article/...1207853534129667.html)

I don't see how even the most rampant fanboy can't ponder why Obama's expressed such poor judgment in choosing his spiritual advisers.

Oh there is no doubt his choice of a spiritual advisor in hindsight was poor. Luckily before Wight decided the white man was his issue his sermons were enough to put Obama on a path of faith. If anything this should show us that perhaps we need to make sure we truly know the people we trust, since it seems we might trust a little too easily.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Watch the video....this isn't Wright, it's a different religious associate that Obama has known for 20 years. I'm sure he didn't know this guy was a nut job either.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Wow, that Muslim Black Liberation Catholic Obama sure associates with some strange people.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Obama "deeply disappointed" in Father Michael Pfleger. UPDATE Pfleger apology.

WASHINGTON--Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) said in a statement he was "deeply disappointed" in Father Michael Pfleger, after the priest --in a scene caught on videotape-- mocked Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y) from the pulpit of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago--the home church of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. UPDATE Click below for Pfleger apology

?As I have traveled this country, I've been impressed not by what divides us, but by all that that unites us. That is why I am deeply disappointed in Father Pfleger's divisive, backward-looking rhetoric, which doesn't reflect the country I see or the desire of people across America to come together in common cause," Obama said in a statement.

For video http://blogs.suntimes.com/swee...hael_pflager.html#more

Response of Rev. Michael L. Pfleger of statements made during a sermon on Sunday, May 25, 2008

"I regret the words I chose on Sunday. These words are inconsistent with Senator Obama's life and message, and I am deeply sorry if they offended Senator Clinton or anyone else who saw them."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Pfleger

Definatly seems like a career racist who preaches hate.

As I said earlier, people are crucifying these people for messing up one sermon, or a few hours of poor judgment (in this mans case)

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
the priest openly and brazenly mocks HRC...waaa waaa

How is this Obama's problem again?

Didnt you guys already try the guild by assocation fallacious reasoning ?

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
OBHAMAS HAS BLACK BABIES!!11

I hears that them there negro is a Manchurian candidate gay muslim communist alien plant!!!!1

Obama is totally in it with the queers--YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO OUR SOIL. He is in cahoots with GAY martians, and he will legislate to build gay landing-strips for a homosexual extra-terrestrial invasion.

HEED MAH WERDS!!!

He's got black babies to boot!

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: OrByte

It makes you look at Obama's judgment because I think he knew who this priest was. They also lived in the same city.

At some point, Obama said he respected him. Why would you respect someone who makes statements like this?

It's about judgment

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

It makes you look at Obama's judgment because I think he knew who this priest was. They also lived in the same city.

At some point, Obama said he respected him. Why would you respect someone who makes statements like this?

It's about judgment

So you think this guy preached the same hate filled sermon for the last few decades?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

It's about judgment

So you think this guy preached the same hate filled sermon for the last few decades?

Well, not all the time. I don't know who he is all the way, but all you have to do is watch the clip. It's about judgment.

Last I checked you need judgment to be President. Am I right or am I right?

I really want Clinton to be President.