Obamacare round 2 amazingly scheduled for after election

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Meh, the subject is beyond the scope of this forum and there's no use. It's not your fault I suppose. You are entrained to live in certain ways.

You could start an actual discussion instead of ranting that the U.S. government is incapable of accomplishing something governments all over the world are capable of accomplishing and, in fact, do accomplish.

Yes, a single payer health insurance scheme is complex. So is the broken private system we have now, the private system that is destroying American competitiveness in the global economy.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Then how about getting some people who aren't politicians to get together with the idea of making the best system that we can have? How about care being the priority here? Rational unification of disparate systems? Control not by party but by merit and expertise? How about getting those in every related field to construct or oversee- health care experts? Those who have demonstrated competence in legal areas and applying proper regulatory laws and language doing this? Health care advocacy? Actuaries who actually deal with costs? System analysis to determine allocation and future needs? Computer system expertise?

Where are the forward looking Democrats who would selflessly put aside their own agenda and turn the task over to those who can carefully consider and construct something? Oh, no that's not done! Being a Democrat politician is the only thing that matters.

No, there's no one out for better. They are out for power and gain over all. I'll promise anything, but don't ask for competence or ethical approaches. Vote for my promise. I've been involved with science and health care in various capacities for more than three decades and I've never ever seen half of what is needed for something to be truly proud of.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Then how about getting some people who aren't politicians to get together with the idea of making the best system that we can have? How about care being the priority here? Rational unification of disparate systems? Control not by party but by merit and expertise? How about getting those in every related field to construct or oversee- health care experts? Those who have demonstrated competence in legal areas and applying proper regulatory laws and language doing this? Health care advocacy? Actuaries who actually deal with costs? System analysis to determine allocation and future needs? Computer system expertise?

Where are the forward looking Democrats who would selflessly put aside their own agenda and turn the task over to those who can carefully consider and construct something? Oh, no that's not done! Being a Democrat politician is the only thing that matters.

No, there's no one out for better. They are out for power and gain over all. I'll promise anything, but don't ask for competence or ethical approaches. Vote for my promise. I've been involved with science and health care in various capacities for more than three decades and I've never ever seen half of what is needed for something to be truly proud of.

I rather liked the new Ebola Czar is a lawyer that is a democrat insider. Im sure he knows all the ins and outs of Ebola and is fully qualified to lead the fight to contain this situation.

Really cant make this shit up at this point. Need somebody who has the medical knowledge of what to do with an infectious disease. Lets install a lawyer that has been a high ranking democrat insider for decades.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The government is fully capable of handling the issue if we stop electing hate-filled rightwing nutjobs hellbent on sabotaging our country. When we elect folks who have a stated intent of making sure that government won't work then of course government doesn't work.

Like this-

http://egbertowillies.com/2012/09/0...ama-to-fail-and-would-obstruct-at-every-turn/

The best time to be Rich? When everybody else is broke, busted & begging. Repub leaders have the Wealth, now all they have to do is break everybody else's balls off to get to where they want to be.

They want a redux of the Great Depression- minus Roosevelt, of course. They set it up well with the Ownership Society, the greatest financial bubble bamboozle in History, and now when the economy is down they want to keep it down, push it even lower.

Cut! Cut! Cut!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
You could start an actual discussion instead of ranting that the U.S. government is incapable of accomplishing something governments all over the world are capable of accomplishing and, in fact, do accomplish.

Yes, a single payer health insurance scheme is complex. So is the broken private system we have now, the private system that is destroying American competitiveness in the global economy.
I've given an approach as how to go about reform and it needs to be done right. How are the Democrats dealing with Ebola? Naturally they'd get an expert. And here he is.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Huh? It's far from a disaster. I'm still being reimbursed and making money. Employers using ACA as an excuse to shift the preponderance of the yearly premiums they used to pay and handing it over to their employees instead, isn't really ACA's fault. It's corporate greed pure and simple.

If in 2012 you employer used to pay 90% - 10% on your premiums and voila, the next year shifted (shafted) you 30%-70% or worse, whose fault is that?

I have privileges in several different hospitals (groups) and they all are giving their staff the short end of the stick as well and all of them are turning huge profits. It's the way of the west.

I have to wonder why they all of a sudden came up with that brilliant scheme right after the ACA passed? Did they not like money a few years before it was proposed or did the ACA turn them into corporate greedy bastards or something?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

Health insurance is not the reason why healthcare costs so much in this country. I find it amazing that everyone blames the insurers for the high prices of insurance instead of blaming the absurdly high cost of the product they are insuring.

If it didn't cost a billion dollars for a damn broken leg maybe insuring you against that cost wouldn't be so expensive.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I have to wonder why they all of a sudden came up with that brilliant scheme right after the ACA passed? Did they not like money a few years before it was proposed or did the ACA turn them into corporate greedy bastards or something?

Why? Because it's a plausible excuse that'll sell to the rubes, particularly the right wing rubes.

"We're not fucking you! It's the Ebil Kenyan Obama! He makes the baby Jesus cry!"

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Very true, rudeguy.If people vote Dem this time..it will end up standing instead of being repealed as it should be.There's no guarantee voting some other way, either..but the chances are much higher.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
Very true, rudeguy.If people vote Dem this time..it will end up standing instead of being repealed as it should be.There's no guarantee voting some other way, either..but the chances are much higher.
For better or worse, Obamacare is here to stay. You can bet on it