Obama wishes to bypass congress on Iran deal

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Thomas Jefferson disagreed with you.

Lincoln disagreed with damn near the entire constitution yet is thought to be one of our best presidents.

I sure as hell wouldn't want him to be my president, I personally like the Bill of Rights.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Thank you for this post, I'll take you on your word that the above is true, you're generally a good and honest person.

While the article I read implied something else entirely, I assume congress has the power to do something if they could get off their asses?

Congress could pass new sanctions without the ability for the president to suspend parts of them, yes. considering the margins these were passed with such a thing is actually possible in this case too.

I personally really hope that doesn't happen.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
So get rid of the entire legislative branch if that is your view. Just don't bitch when the other side gets the presidency/monarchy/dictatorship.

That is not what I said in any way. They currently do not do their job so they can sit out on this current situation.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
That is not what I said in any way. They currently do not do their job so they can sit out on this current situation.

Except that "doing their jobs" is entirely subjective based upon what your political views/goals are. If you don't want the bills they are proposing passed then obstructing them, in your eyes, IS doing their jobs.

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Can you read, you idiot? Written into the sanctions law is the ability for the president to suspend those sanctions.

By your own logic you now should be congratulating Obama for following the law.
So..What's going to happen when Iran nukes Israel then the US? :colbert:
Are we going to congratulate Mr. Obama then?

Something tells me it will be during his "extended" 2nd term.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So..What's going to happen when Iran nukes Israel then the US? :colbert:
Are we going to congratulate Mr. Obama then?

Something tells me it will be during his "extended" 2nd term.

Why would Iran strike Israel? Do you fucking nutters really live in such a scary world?