Obama will win the Democratic Nomination.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Don Vito Corleone
Boy, as it happens I just spent a week in England, and I couldn't disagree more. The country is really thriving, and on balance I'd say the average Briton is definitely doing better than the average American.

I don't think he was referring to the standard of living, Don. I'm thinking it was more along the lines of the 'surveillance society' and some of the trends there.

Well, we're not doing it in secrecy and bypassing any laws because Brown didn't find a need to do so.

There are cams pretty much everywhere, like at ATM's, parking lots, you know, not as many as in the US but still, a lot of them.

The tapes are constant but never watched unless there is a crime committed, you know, like in the US.

What we DON'T have is "no knock warrants" or "warantless wiretaps".

We can't haul away citizens to an off shore camp to be tortured to death either or just held indefinently without charges, just can't do that shit in England, it's kind of against the law.

Unless you're a minority. Then you're just executed on the spot as the London police showed the world.

Well, i'll just ignore that, shooting a suspect not willing to stop on site isn't a thing a US citizen should ever complain about, we've had enough threads about US cops shooting grandmas and children as it is, have we not?

I guess a British man, especially one in the armed forces, should not complain about anything in any country then, we've had enough of British history, have we not? Or you can ignore such juvenile thinking and not try to deflect issues.

Answer the other thread and show me which Rwandans who are not being extradited to the Haag court.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't what the "Haag court" is, but I'm assuming that you mean The Hague. However, the UN tribunal on Rwanda is not at The Hague. The ICTR is in Africa.

Of course, now you're going to run, run, run.... right?

Nope.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Rio Rebel
Hillary is a brilliant woman who understands the issues better than anyone. I congratulate her on her skill as a debater, her knowledge of the issues, and her strength as a candidate.

she might be smart but she isn't omniscient. :confused:

Jun 26, 2007
It's the Haag court, it's customary to call cities by their names in the languages of the country they are in, unless you are an arrogant arsehole that is.

It's the Haag court, in Haag.

That's also why us Brits, who have English as our official language, don't call Los Angeles in the US The Angels.

The thread i am talking about is:

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...=2156897&enterthread=y

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: senseamp
I am a Democrat, and I'd rather elect McCain to continue destroying the GOP than vote for that demagogue Obama. McCain is a nice liberal RINO, kind of like Arnold S. here in CA.
I don't see what Obama can deliver that McCain can't, plus there is added benefit that McCain fracture the GOP and Republicans will continue getting blamed for everything wrong with this country. So with McCain we get to have our cake and eat it too.

sometimes its not about winning political victories or having someone convenient to blame.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
It's the Haag court, it's customary to call cities by their names in the languages of the country they are in, unless you are an arrogant arsehole that is.

That's also why us Brits, who have English as our official language, don't call Los Angeles in the US The Angels.

I guess you should consider yourself an arrogant arsehole then because several countries have a name in English that most people use that is different than the name in the native languages.

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
Even Republicans were pulling for Obama to beat Nurse Pratchett. There aren't enough hope-a-dopes to get him to the presidency though. The media stayed off Obama and even the Clintons didn't go after him as they would have liked for fear of alienating voters they needed (but I suspect they were behind Larry Sinclair accusations that media essentially ignored - but now the NT Times is hyping an adultery thing on McCain).

Obama has been allowed to play the squeaky clean "Martin Luther Kennedy" preacher to emotional audiences of pre-disposed suggestibles. Translating that to a national victory in Nov won't be so easy even though the psychotics in Hollywood will try to spread more stardust around. There are now new rifts (black vs Spanish, blacks vs old white libs etc) in Dem party just like there has been in Rep party but the dems come at worse time.

Its obvious listening to Obama and Michelle-o-drama that they are closer to radicals than anything else. Nothing new - just rehashed 60's junk. With endorements from people like Frank Marshall Davis, Farrakhan and Daniel Ortega (don't forget the Che poster in Houston - and the Obama church that teaches homo stuff to kindergartners) Obama isn't going to have it that easy anymore. I'm not expecting any Obamanation this election.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Even Republicans were pulling for Obama to beat Nurse Pratchett. There aren't enough hope-a-dopes to get him to the presidency though. The media stayed off Obama and even the Clintons didn't go after him as they would have liked for fear of alienating voters they needed (but I suspect they were behind Larry Sinclair accusations that media essentially ignored - but now the NT Times is hyping an adultery thing on McCain).

Obama has been allowed to play the squeaky clean "Martin Luther Kennedy" preacher to emotional audiences of pre-disposed suggestibles. Translating that to a national victory in Nov won't be so easy even though the psychotics in Hollywood will try to spread more stardust around. There are now new rifts (black vs Spanish, blacks vs old white libs etc) in Dem party just like there has been in Rep party but the dems come at worse time.

Its obvious listening to Obama and Michelle-o-drama that they are closer to radicals than anything else. Nothing new - just rehashed 60's junk. With endorements from people like Frank Marshall Davis, Farrakhan and Daniel Ortega (don't forget the Che poster in Houston - and the Obama church that teaches homo stuff to kindergartners) Obama isn't going to have it that easy anymore. I'm not expecting any Obamanation this election.

President Barack Obama... sounds like music to my ears....

The music in your ears contains tinfoil....

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

When I was there it was called Den Haag. If we're going to get technical about things :p

And a Brit complaining about not using local language names. . . that's rich. How many aboriginal place names in Australia? India? Bombay. New Delhi. Ahh yes.. the old Native American name New York.

Jun 26, 2007

I guess you should consider yourself an arrogant arsehole then because several countries have a name in English that most people use that is different than the name in the native languages.

Still, Haag is still called Haag in English, it's just some stupid arrogance thing by the US to name the court differently because they don't want it associated with the actual city it is in.

The Haag court would make it look like it wasn't a US court, which it isn't and never will be, no American ever has or ever will sentenced there, no matter how sever the war crimes all US citisens get is a smile and a pat on the back, right?

I'm still waiting for your reply in the other thread, next time, try to not bring old shit up to justify speculation, it just doesn't work, ok, son?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Hey dipshit your country invaded Iraq, too. Why don't you put Tony Blair on trial then?

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Farang

When I was there it was called Den Haag. If we're going to get technical about things :p

And a Brit complaining about not using local language names. . . that's rich. How many aboriginal place names in Australia? India? Bombay. New Delhi. Ahh yes.. the old Native American name New York.

The point is that we call Helsinki Helsinki, which is the name in Finnish, Oslo Oslo, which is the name in Norwegian and so on, we do that with all names that has our alphabet except for some reason for "the Hague" which make absolutely no sense since it's a shitload harder to understand how "the Hague" is pronounced compared to "the Haag" and both have the same pronounciation since both are the same damn court.

It was to Americanise the court, nothing else, couldn't have a foreign city name for a US court, right? No, it's not a US court, but most believed it to be US justice that prevailed in it, the truth is completely different, as usual when you dissect US myths.

I think i've made it clear to you, and i'm going to make a funny here so hold on to your hats folks, you probably mean New Jerk? But you're not that new, are you.

:D

Jun 26, 2007
Hey dipshit your country invaded Iraq, too. Why don't you put Tony Blair on trial then?

Hello beautiful being, i've stated about 30 times that i hold Blair as responsible, if not more, as Bush. I've been to Iraq and was proud to be there, but the truth is, all we ever did was to fuck it up, now we'll have to fix it.

I don't like Brown much either, now what beautiful being?

What will you whine about now?

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

Still, Haag is still called Haag in English, it's just some stupid arrogance thing by the US to name the court differently because they don't want it associated with the actual city it is in.

The Haag court would make it look like it wasn't a US court, which it isn't and never will be, no American ever has or ever will sentenced there, no matter how sever the war crimes all US citisens get is a smile and a pat on the back, right?

I'm still waiting for your reply in the other thread, next time, try to not bring old shit up to justify speculation, it just doesn't work, ok, son?

It would be ironic to have a war criminal on trial by war criminals.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
"Den Haag." Not "The Haag."

We call Oslo and Helsinki by their respective names, too. English changes the name of Oporto. Of Germany. Your argument is fucking stupid.

Jun 26, 2007

It would be ironic to have a war criminal on trial by war criminals.

Well, how ironic is it that we have two cocksuckers sucking eachothers cocks right in this thread?

Keep that up at least it will keep your mouths shut for a while.

Mail5398

Jul 9, 2001
There is no way the average person from England has more stuff than the average American. The last time I checked that's how we measure success in this country.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Mail5398
There is no way the average person from England has more stuff than the average American. The last time I checked that's how we measure success in this country.

The love of the queen surpasses any physical possession.

Mail5398

Jul 9, 2001

Forgot about that. We did have Princess Di to fawn over for a while though.

Jun 26, 2007

We call Oslo and Helsinki by their respective names, too. English changes the name of Oporto. Of Germany. Your argument is fucking stupid.

My argument was just that, YOU TOO call all of those cities by their real name, but not Haag?

Well the City is still called Haag, but not the court, now how fucking stupid is that?

On a scale from 1-10 how stupid IS that, the entire world calls it Haag apart from the US.

It was definently done because of a pr consultant who deemed it impossible to have such a bland name, so they had to spiff it up a bit, right, "The Hague" is what they came up with.

"The Hague court" how the fuck can that be pronounced as The Haag court.

I mean Hague, that's Spanish, right? So the damn court should be in Spain then, right, but naaaaah, they put it in Haag, silly world, should have put it in Cuba, they'll soon need a war crimes court for the mistreatments there anyway.

Jun 26, 2007
Niiice. :)

Jun 26, 2007

Forgot about that. We did have Princess Di to fawn over for a while though.

That is awesome... thanks for covering my back.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

My argument was just that, YOU TOO call all of those cities by their real name, but not Haag?

Well the City is still called Haag, but not the court, now how fucking stupid is that?

On a scale from 1-10 how stupid IS that, the entire world calls it Haag apart from the US.

It was definently done because of a pr consultant who deemed it impossible to have such a bland name, so they had to spiff it up a bit, right, "The Hague" is what they came up with.

I mean Hague, that's Spanish, right? So the damn court should be in Spain then, right, but naaaaah, they put it in Haag, silly world, should have put it in Cuba, they'll soon need a war crimes court for the mistreatments there anyway.

British Embassy, The Hague

Damn Americans with their . . . facts . . .

Jun 26, 2007

Excuse me? What? Wrong link?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

Excuse me? What? Wrong link?

You said
Haag is still called Haag in English,
and I said your own government calls it The Hague.