Obama wearing a flag pin in WV?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
"Our generation was back when blacks were the back of the bus, and it's hard to change that outlook. I just feel like I couldn't vote for him."
[/quote]
It is amazing that anyone would actually come out and make that statement though.

I guess that explains why they have a former KKK member as their Senator.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
This does not represent more than one person in WV and the results in that state will be completely relevant:

Obama rubs the Hortons the wrong way because they think he's arrogant. It's the same thing you hear from voters in a lot of the parts of the country where Obama's infamous remarks about bitterness would probably also apply. But that's not his only problem in rural West Virginia. "They won't go for a black man, that's just it," R.K. Horton, a retired heating and air conditioning business owner, said of his neighbors. "I don't think it's being racist necessarily, they just don't like black people that well." For that matter, it's not just his neighbors. "The arrogance and all that bothers me more than black, but black is a close second," he said. "Our generation was back when blacks were the back of the bus, and it's hard to change that outlook. I just feel like I couldn't vote for him."

http://www.salon.com/news/feat...st_virginia/index.html

They don't think *that* is racist? Wow. I'll counter that with 'I don't think he thinks very well'. Good job racist(s). Based on these polls and comments like that I will make sure I never spend any tourist $$$ in WV again.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
As for the flag pin issue.

There have been several columnists who have said that Obama should just start wearing one because his explanation as to why he doesn't is to long and complicated for most Americans.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
"Our generation was back when blacks were the back of the bus, and it's hard to change that outlook. I just feel like I couldn't vote for him."
It is amazing that anyone would actually come out and make that statement though.

I guess that explains why they have a former KKK member as their Senator.

That good 'ole boy knows how to keep them coloreds in their place!

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
This issue is proof positive that we have to dumb down our politics, and by extension our politicians, the national dialogue, and policies, to the lowest denominator voter.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: OrByte
This issue is proof positive that we have to dumb down our politics, and by extension our politicians, the national dialogue, and policies, to the lowest denominator voter.

seven/eights to 112/128ths to find the common fraction? EEEH!

PELarson

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by: CellarDoor
He has repeatedly made the point about not needing to wear one to show your patriotism, that's why he doesn't wear them for debates or campaign rallies. In this circumstance, he was doing it out of respect for the veterans he was speaking to. He's done it several times before.

And if I don't miss my quess. Out of respect for the D.A.V. who gave him the flag pin. But, it is an assumption that it is the same pin.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: OrByte

AKA the Hillary voter who can't give a good reason why he won't vote for Obama in the GE, because racism is taboo.