Obama to take another vacation next month...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bullbert

May 24, 2004
Butt-Hurt has a small issue with the truth.

I already posted links that show that this is a fact. Deal with it. Not only has O played more golf than W [fact], he has also played at some of the most inappropriate times [opinion]. At least W listened to his advisers who told him to knock it off after 3 years, simply to quit feeding the trolls. O still has not gotten the message.

I guess you are just upset because I am backing someone else for Troll of the Year?

edit: Oh, I see. I now have a stalker. Should I also add heyheybooboo to my ignore list? That won't stop him from following me to other threads, though...

Last edited:

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
I already posted links that show that this is a fact. Deal with it. Not only has O played more golf than W [fact], he has also played at some of the most inappropriate times [opinion]. At least W listened to his advisers who told him to knock it off after 3 years, simply to quit feeding the trolls. O still has not gotten the message.

I guess you are just upset because I am backing someone else for Troll of the Year?

edit: Oh, I see. I now have a stalker. Should I also add heyheybooboo to my ignore list? That won't stop him from following me to other threads, though...

Don't flatter yourself. You whine like a little girl when someone calls you on your BS, lies and propaganda.

You will fit in quite well with the Wing Nut Goebbels-types at ATP&N

No'bama beat W's 8 year total in less than 12 months.

Y e e e e a a a h h h h h . . .

And tell us again about that $4/gal gas during the Clinton Administration.

--

Nov 30, 2006
heyheybooboo...time to eat crow. This was from last April....it's up to 41 rounds as of July 16, 2010.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/golf/04/20/golf.obama.bush/index.html

(CNN) -- Barack Obama has come in at eighth in a list of golf-playing American presidents, higher than both George Bush and Ronald Reagan.

Bush was known for his love of golf, but figures released by Mark Knoller of CBS Radio, the unofficial White House statistician, have revealed that Obama has played golf 32 times during his presidency -- eight times more than his predecessor did during his entire tenure at the White House.

In fact, president Obama played a round as recently as last Sunday, when his flight to Poland for the funeral of president Lech Kaczynski was cancelled due to the volcanic ash cloud over Europe.

Golf Digest magazine has ranked president Obama ahead of both Bush and Reagan, but behind Bill Clinton -- who was known to practise his putting in the aisle of Air Force One.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Actually, there is considerable doubt as to why Bush stopped golf, given that he tore a ligament in his knee (or something like that), and stopped playing months before he said that "he gave it up for the troops". So he might be making that up for politics as well. I wouldn't put it past him at all, so don't be too sure about Bush's supposed noble intentions.

Anyway, this debate is stupid as you, me, and others have pointed out. The OP is clueless, and all presidents take vacations and indulge in whatever hobbies/sports they like, to relax and relieve some of the stress of the job. Just like every other person in the world. Look at all the before and after pictures of recent Presidents....wonder why they are get a lot of grey hair all of a sudden?

Either way Bush gave up golf for politics; his playing golf affected the soldiers in no way, so whether he actually gave it up or merely made some political hay by claiming to give up something he could no longer do anyway (hard to believe since he continued jogging, but possible) he did it for the political benefit, to circumvent the liberal media's attacks. Not that I have a problem with that - presidents have to do lots of things purely for political purposes, as Obama found out. He already took a big hit in popularity for vacationing rather than visiting the Gulf when his personal presence would do nothing beyond distract those actually working. If Bush had given up golf on principle he'd have done so at least the first time it was raised. And yeah, I've noticed how much and how quickly presidents age. As long as he doesn't pull a Sanford, I'm okay with Obama taking as many vacations as he can fit in. Hell, most of a president's time is taken up with bullshit and fund raising anyway, the important stuff is what follows him on vacation.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Butt-Hurt has a small issue with the truth.

--

LOL. He is more than likely just someone's parody sock puppet account but just in case he is this obtuse, here's the 30 second play by play...

butthert: No'bama beat W's 8 year total in less than 12 months.

umbrella: I call shens... http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/pre...vacation-days/

butthert: They are not counting all the golf hours that O burned through. Your source even admits to not counting those golf outings as vacation.

umbrella: O RLY? The peice mentions no such thing, quote it.

butthert: It doesn't, I lied again. If you don't beleive me, Google it yourself, I can't find anything that back up my bullshit claims.

umbrella: Pushes sock puppet's buttons and reinterates, where's the golf reference in the Fact Check piece. You made a claim that it is not counting golf trips as vacations days, back up your bullshit claim.

butthert: Can't back up lies since there is no mention of golfing in the Fact chack peice so pulls out random links on Google about Bush's golfing vs. Obama's golfing as if that was the topic of the OP, Golfing, We're talking about about vacation days dummy, not who golfed more.

umbrella: Calls you on trying to morph vacation days into a contest about who golfed more and asks again, where in the Fact Check piece does it say that they are not counting golf trips as vacations like you lied and said it does.

butthert: Lies yet again, and tries to pretend by selective quoting and linking to a 404 page on Fact Check that Obama took 11 trips - all or part of 27 days at Camp David. Yeah buttttt....

umbrella: I point out to that you, like a child, omitted the next sentence which states that Bush made 25 trips - all or part of 78 days at Camp David. What are they teaching you in Junior High and what does Camp David have to do with golfing?

butthert: Buttttt 25 < 11 and 78 < 27 days ??? No??? Whaaaaaaaaaaa stop calling me out on my lies, ur a troll.

umbrella: Run along little sally girl. It's clear to everyone reading you are a lying sack of shit nuthugger who can't man up and admit your ass is making posts your mouth can't back up.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
heyheybooboo...time to eat crow. This was from last April....it's up to 41 rounds as of July 16, 2010....

eat-crow.jpg

Pass the gravy :D not !!

I could care less about golf. The 'golf deflection' begs the question of vacation of which the Shrub was the undisputed champ.

(as others have pointed out) It's a silly propaganda ploy, anyway. The Prez is 'on-call' 168 hours per week and most likely the most 'interconnected' individual in the world.

The Cons are pissed and playing 'gotcha' because the Dims pumped 'Bush cutting brush' on his month-long 'vacation' in Crawford prior to 9/11.

A pox on everyone's house - LOL

--

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Either way Bush gave up golf for politics; his playing golf affected the soldiers in no way, so whether he actually gave it up or merely made some political hay by claiming to give up something he could no longer do anyway (hard to believe since he continued jogging, but possible) he did it for the political benefit, to circumvent the liberal media's attacks. Not that I have a problem with that - presidents have to do lots of things purely for political purposes, as Obama found out. He already took a big hit in popularity for vacationing rather than visiting the Gulf when his personal presence would do nothing beyond distract those actually working. If Bush had given up golf on principle he'd have done so at least the first time it was raised. And yeah, I've noticed how much and how quickly presidents age. As long as he doesn't pull a Sanford, I'm okay with Obama taking as many vacations as he can fit in. Hell, most of a president's time is taken up with bullshit and fund raising anyway, the important stuff is what follows him on vacation.

As I said, not necessarily. From this article, he hurt his knee, and had to give up running (and probably golf along with it). So that has nothing to do with politics (and certainly no noble sacrifice on his part) and everything to do with knee pain. If anything, Bush was playing politics by lying about his reason, to make himself look good. That's pretty despicable, if you think about it.

And LOL at "liberal media". You mean this liberal media?

So what is the difference between golfing and mountain biking? What is special about gold that makes it wrong, but biking is OK? Where was the "liberal media" comments about too much mountain biking? Where was the "liberal media" comments about all the various pentagon generals that probably played golf all the time?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
heyheybooboo...time to eat crow. This was from last April....it's up to 41 rounds as of July 16, 2010.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/golf/04/20/golf.obama.bush/index.html

(CNN) -- Barack Obama has come in at eighth in a list of golf-playing American presidents, higher than both George Bush and Ronald Reagan.

Bush was known for his love of golf, but figures released by Mark Knoller of CBS Radio, the unofficial White House statistician, have revealed that Obama has played golf 32 times during his presidency -- eight times more than his predecessor did during his entire tenure at the White House.

In fact, president Obama played a round as recently as last Sunday, when his flight to Poland for the funeral of president Lech Kaczynski was cancelled due to the volcanic ash cloud over Europe.

Golf Digest magazine has ranked president Obama ahead of both Bush and Reagan, but behind Bill Clinton -- who was known to practise his putting in the aisle of Air Force One.

Dude, read my post......Bush QUIT playing golf in 2003 due to a knee injury.

Why don't you compare how much he went mountain biking to Obama's golf.

But again, why does anyone care? It's funny that all the people didn't care about Bush, but now (once again) claim moral outrage over Obama. You loose all credibility when you do that.

Why don't you find out how much golf the JCS guys played, and start bitching about that while you are at it. I'm sure some of them like golf, and continued playing over the past 10 years. Everyone has some sort or recreation, that's perfectly normal and a good thing.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
We were told that this presidency would be historic and it's true.

Historically he has told more lies, spent more money, made more enemies(all within the US), played more golf and taken more vacations than any other president in history, he truly is historic.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
We were told that this presidency would be historic and it's true.

Historically he has told more lies, spent more money, made more enemies(all within the US), played more golf and taken more vacations than any other president in history, he truly is historic.
The only thing that is historic is your ignorance.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
According to the AP, by this time in his administration, Bush had taken 120 days of vacation. Obama has taken 65.

Apple, please meet your orange.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
you know what else, Obama has already played more pick up Basketball Games in the last two years than Bush has in his entire life!!!:eek:

Nov 30, 2006
Dude, read my post......Bush QUIT playing golf in 2003 due to a knee injury.

Why don't you compare how much he went mountain biking to Obama's golf.

But again, why does anyone care? It's funny that all the people didn't care about Bush, but now (once again) claim moral outrage over Obama. You loose all credibility when you do that.

Why don't you find out how much golf the JCS guys played, and start bitching about that while you are at it. I'm sure some of them like golf, and continued playing over the past 10 years. Everyone has some sort or recreation, that's perfectly normal and a good thing.
Dude, read my posts....I don't give a damn. What a twit.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Gee, and I'm sorry I had to point out that your a dumbass. :rolleyes:

I'm not the posting factually incorrect information, bragging about it, and then trying to bail when proved wrong. You can hurl personal insults all you want, doesn't change the fact that you didn't like to be publicly corrected.

Nov 30, 2006
I'm not the posting factually incorrect information, bragging about it, and then trying to bail when proved wrong. You can hurl personal insults all you want, doesn't change the fact that you didn't like to be publicly corrected.
And what, pray tell, did I post that was factually incorrect?

Oct 30, 2004
Congress is scheduled to take a 6 week break soon.

While we're castigating Obama, how about sharing some love with Congress? Congress should be locked down in the capital for 6 days a week, 12 hours a day until our nation's economic and unemployment problems have been solved.