Obama to Lockheed Martin – don’t announce layoffs till after election

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Okay, honey boo boo. Go ahead and show me the exact quote where Obama told the workers in Jainesville that their plant would not shut down.

Where is the line where he promises the plant wouldn't close? Oh yeah, and did you forget that Obama later bailed out Ford, GM, AND Chrysler?

Actually, it looks like GM is pulling through! General Motors sees 1.5 percent sales gain

LOL, you already quoted it.
"And I believe that if our government is there to support you and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another 100 years"

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
obama pretends to care about jobs but look at that pos, he is a disgusting human being and its time to take out the trash in November

So are you for more government spending or not? Because I swear I've seen you post in other threads about how the government needs to spend less. Well, guess what that means? Defense contractors lose money and therefore can't afford to pay employees.

So which is it?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
LOL, you already quoted it.
"And I believe that if our government is there to support you and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another 100 years"

Right, but then you forgot about how the Government during that Presidential period seemingly wasnt there to help GM keep their plants open.

The plant closed under Bush, probably failed under Bush too.

Being dishonest and lying is not going to win you any points.

Where is the promise that the plant would not close? "If" is not a promise. He also wasn't President, so how could he keep it from closing, dear?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
It's cute how you just ignore the people pointing out your lack of comprehension of the topic at hand and just keep posting these inane things.

This parody is getting so obvious and the fact that nothing is being done about it leads me to think the PTB are having too much...

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Right, but then you forgot about how the Government during that Presidential period seemingly wasnt there to help GM keep their plants open.

The plant closed under Bush, probably failed under Bush too.

Being dishonest and lying is not going to win you any points.

Where is the promise that the plant would not close? "If" is not a promise. He also wasn't President, so how could he keep it from closing, dear?

"IF"? So the Government wasn't there to help?

Oh yeah, and did you forget that Obama later bailed out Ford, GM, AND Chrysler?

Oh. So what now? He didn't pinky swear?

Apr 27, 2012
So are you for more government spending or not? Because I swear I've seen you post in other threads about how the government needs to spend less. Well, guess what that means? Defense contractors lose money and therefore can't afford to pay employees.

So which is it?

I am against government spending, this is obvious

My point is obama is trying to make this choice political, the nerve of that pos to suggest they move the date after the election. He only cares about power

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

Obviously not if the freaking plant closed before Obama became President. Its funny you are holding him responsible for something that he wasn't responsible for.

And no, he didn't promise him anything at all. Hell, they even have WORKERS from that plant that did interviews saying that he never promised anything. He went there to life spirits. Even a Romney supporting advisor to GM said the plant was doomed to fail regardless if the Government stepped in or not.

You said he made a promise.

We all know he keeps his promises. Oh wait, he already promised a group of GM workers they would keep their jobs and we all know how that turned out.

Show me where the promise is.

The Washington Post's Greg Sargent on Thursday interviewed a Ryan-supporting Wisconsin businessman, who argued that the plant may have been unsalvageable, even with significant government support.

"This morning, I spoke to a leading business official in Janesville, Wisconsin, who was at the center of efforts to save the GM plant -- one who supports Paul Ryan -- and he offered a nuanced version of the history that strains simplistic interpretations," Sargent reported. "The official, John Beckord, who heads the pro-business group Forward Janesville, makes two key points. First, that the market for the GM product in question collapsed much faster than anyone expected it would at the time of Obama’s speech. Second, that there is no telling whether the plant would have reopened, even if the economy had recovered faster."

keep being dishonest.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Honestly, it doesn't make sense to warn employees because you have no idea what programs will actually be cut. At worst, you can state that the low-performing employees or those on overhead will be cut and people will be reshuffled.

Although, keep in mind that anyone in the defense industry is used to this by now. Every time you get wind of defense cuts, you're always worried that it will be your program. Why do you think defense programs are as much of a dog and pony show? It's all about presenting worth to the brass at the Pentagon so when it comes down to your program versus another, they'll choose to keep your program.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000

He is that even a promise. Its like if I say to my child if you do well in school you will get into Harvard.

Did I PROMISE them anything even if they did do well in school here?

The word promise is disingenous here and no goverment was there but it wasn't "there to help." I was against the auto bailouts too and will readily admit that I am glad I was wrong.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Obviously not if the freaking plant closed before Obama became President. Its funny you are holding him responsible for something that he wasn't responsible for.

And no, he didn't promise him anything at all. Hell, they even have WORKERS from that plant that did interviews saying that he never promised anything. He went there to life spirits. Even a Romney supporting advisor to GM said the plant was doomed to fail regardless if the Government stepped in or not.

You said he made a promise.

Show me where the promise is.

keep being dishonest.

Yep, quoting what someone says is dishonest.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
“For too long, employers have failed to notify workers that they’re about to lose their jobs due to mass layoffs or plant closings even though notice is required by the WARN Act,” - Senator Barack Obama - 2007

Don't you dare obey the WARN Act!

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Oh hey look, the OP left out some tidbits.

And thsi frankly is what makes the OP a disingenuous POS. Leaving out important details because they conflict with the message OP is trying to relay.

There is a reason MONO rarely links the sources to his artciles and has a pattern of Ad-Lib in the beginning and end of said articles. Actually shocked he provided the source given absence of all the article data.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Although the desperate are thinking they're getting a whiff of blood, I don't think this is your October surprise.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Thread backfire by OP and proof that Incorruptible a) can't read, b) is a troll, or c) is both illiterate and a troll.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Let's be honest - neither party will let defense spending be slashed. There is far too much cronyism and distribution of defense contracts across states to let this happen.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
And you wonder why some people claim he is the Democrat Messiah. No matter what comes out of that man's mouth he can say no wrong.

We come back to the reality that there are plenty of legitimate criticisms of the president's policies and actions.

This ain't one of them. Maybe focus on the steak and you won't have to worry about your candidate's lack of sizzle.

Apr 27, 2012
Right except there is no screw up and you're just shooting off at the mouth as usual.

Because your a liberal, you'll defend him no matter what, as well he shares the same race so your more likely to support him

This is just a warning, but please leave the other poster's race out of this.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Because your a liberal, you'll defend him no matter what, as well he shares the same race so your more likely to support him

Continue. I enjoy it when you suddenly become more irrational when people don't listen to you.

Tell me about how I am more likely to support him because he's half black, again?

If I counter your stupidity everytime I see it, it's ONLY because I'm defending Obama right? Not because you have a mushroom for a brain.