Obama, the great uniter of the nation, at it again.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 10, 2007
Glad you endorse obvious racial politcs. But I wouldnt expect anything less from you Clif, you seem to be in lock step with whatever Obama does.

*edit*

WTF is "faux outrage"? Sounds like a Keith Olbermann quip

he's black IIRC. all black ppl side with obama regardless of the shit he spews, even if it goes against their own personal beliefs. everyone knows this.

Last edited:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
The liberals would go fucking crazy of an (R) made a statement like that.
True, some would. You can find outraged idiots at both ends of the political spectrum. Most liberals would roll their eyes at their idiot fringe, however, just as most conservatives are rolling their eyes at you.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
True, some would. You can find outraged idiots at both ends of the political spectrum. Most liberals would roll their eyes at their idiot fringe, however, just as most conservatives are rolling their eyes at you.

Wrong. If a Republican made this statement "young people, Anglo-Americans, Latinos, and men who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again." it would be the lead story on ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC would probably break into prime time programming with a news special to report it. The hosts on MSNBC would likely burst blood vessels expressing their outrage. The next day it would be above the fold in the New York Times and Washington Post and Race Inc would be knocking one another down to get to the location of wherever the statment was made to protest it.

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Wrong. If a Republican made this statement "young people, Anglo-Americans, Latinos, and men who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again." it would be the lead story on ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC would probably break into prime time programming with a news special to report it. The hosts on MSNBC would likely burst blood vessels expressing their outrage. The next day it would be above the fold in the New York Times and Washington Post and Race Inc would be knocking one another down to get to the location of wherever the statment was made to protest it.

Doubtful.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

Classic example of hyperbole.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Classic example of hyperbole.

Classic example of ignoring the obvious. Republicans don't even come close to saying stuff like that so the left and the media claim they are using code words to accomplish the same thing. So even when they don't race bait they are race baiting because their audience knows the secret code according to the left and their media toadies.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Its true, the left would go wild if a Republican said "I need all middle/upper class white males to come out to vote". Saying otherwise would be a flat out lie.

All you have to do is look at the reactions the loony left had when Bush said "You are my Base" at that white tie event.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Its true, the left would go wild if a Republican said "I need all middle/upper class white males to come out to vote". Saying otherwise would be a flat out lie.
Not if that was a large demographic that typically turned out poorly at the polls. You live in a hate-filled, paranoid world where all 'teh damn libruls" are conspiring to persecute you. It's delusional.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Classic example of ignoring the obvious. Republicans don't even come close to saying stuff like that so the left and the media claim they are using code words to accomplish the same thing. So even when they don't race bait they are race baiting because their audience knows the secret code according to the left and their media toadies.
You are just as paranoid and deluded as Nick.

DanDaManJC

Oct 31, 2004
troll thread much?

this is fucking ridiculous.. how anyone could interpret that quote to be anything more than him using usual political pandering, not even racist, is beyond me.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

No shit kid. There's an historical reason there has never been white rights groups that weren't overtly racist. lol. :D

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
No shit kid. There's an historical reason there has never been white rights groups that weren't overtly racist. lol. :D

Where did anyone say anything about "white rights groups"? What is being discussed here is who is allowed to explicitly identify by race or ethnicity groups of voters without being accused of being racist and whether a double standard exists in regarding that.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

:rolleyes: Clearly you have no idea what hyperbole is:

it would be the lead story on ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC would probably break into prime time programming with a news special to report it. The hosts on MSNBC would likely burst blood vessels expressing their outrage.

Maybe you really do think stuff like that would happen, but those of us who are sane and rational know what it smells like.. and it isn't good.

SammyJr

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2008
..."And to you middle class white men who were fooled into voting for me, please continue to be fooled"

Fooled? I'm not a huge Obama fan, but who was I going to vote for? McCain/Palin? Let's be serious here... 'Ol 4 More Wars and Moron had nothing to offer me, even as a 30 year old white Middle Class male.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
All racists focus on racism and see everything as racism because that is what they are. They are terrified of racism because they project unconsciously exactly how much hate hides inside them for others of a different color. Racists absolutely freak out at Obama because all the hate they have for their worthless selves they think he feels for them. All monsters see others as the monster and are terrified of them. You don't bring change to shit filled toilet water, you just have to flush.

The garbage that has called itself the real America is still all around us fighting mightily to keep the bowl from gathering any spin. America is still very much the land of shit and the home of racists bigots,

The evil of bigotry is that the bigot is upside down. He thinks that it is he or she who sees the good when all they see is the filth hidden within them. A bigot hates himself and hates you for that. His inner life is misery and he wants to make sure yours is too.

A bigot is the real enemy of all he thinks he loves because he cannot really love.

Do you have these posts hotkeyed?

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
:rolleyes: Clearly you have no idea what hyperbole is:

it would be the lead story on ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC would probably break into prime time programming with a news special to report it. The hosts on MSNBC would likely burst blood vessels expressing their outrage.

Maybe you really do think stuff like that would happen, but those of us who are sane and rational know what it smells like.. and it isn't good.

Or maybe I do and figured that you could seperate the hyperbole from reality and discuss the fact that there is a double standard used by the media when covering statments like the one Obama made. As for the smell I suspect that depends entirely on which side of the fence you happen to find yourself on.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Fooled? I'm not a huge Obama fan, but who was I going to vote for? McCain/Palin? Let's be serious here... 'Ol 4 More Wars and Moron had nothing to offer me, even as a 30 year old white Middle Class male.

And Obama ended the wars, as promised? Or was that just another blown campaing promise, kinda like the whole CSPAN/transparency thing, or the whole closing Gitmo thing, or the whole soon to be not raising taxes thing? You were fooled with false promises.