Obama, the great uniter of the nation, at it again.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I love the comments, 100% of them are hard working, tax paying americans who hate obama. Good. Surprised it took this long to post this. Other forums it's already 10+ pages.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I love the comments, 100% of them are hard working, tax paying americans who hate obama. Good. Surprised it took this long to post this. Other forums it's already 10+ pages.

Klan has its own forums now???

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Ah, a sociologist that counts the number of flies that land on shit. Ten pages of flies, wow? Whodathunk!

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
If these folks don't vote for Obama's clan, who will keep their turd shiny?

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Best move I've made yet. Now I don't have to read senseless rantings of a loser stoner.

Why not? You should proofread your work.

I am sure you will be happier ignoring those who disagree with you. Cowards with weak minds fear exposure to anything that challenges them. They fear thinking for themselves.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Seems as if he is reaching out to the young people, latinos, and women who usually don't vote but voted for him in the election. From the article:

"Turning out those so-called "surge" voters -- who turned out for the first time to back Obama, but who sat out gubernatorial races in New Jersey and Virginia last year -- has become the Democrats' central pre-occupation for the midterm elections, and the new Democratic effort to nationalize the election around Obama and his agenda mark an attempt to energize those voters. "

Faux outrage ++

This. He is not excluding whites. He is acknowledging the new voters who joined with whites in supporting him. There is nothing racist about it.

Dec 26, 2007
The fact is racism works, it gets people what they want, it gives them special protection and special privileges. As a political tool, it's invaluable, you can unite and manipulate groups of people to further your agenda. It's a powerful tool, and widely used.

That's not just racism.

That's any of the hundreds of ways to segregate, then pander to your segregated audience.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
For the people bitching about racism, turn on the part of your brain that would tell you white people are included in young people.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Who cares? Same old meaningless drivel as he posts in any thread. Guarantee that as this thread grows lots of the usual folks will check in with the same old excuses about why it is ok to practice racial politics so long as you are a member of an approved "race". They will justify this by arguments that essentially boil down ones you used in 6th grade, "Johnny did it so it ok for me to do it".

the funny thing is he posted the same exact bs when people called him and others out for bringing up race in another thread that had nothing to do with race. he used it in reverse

btw this isn't so much racism as it is pandering to his audience.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What evidence do you have he has been sucking too much chrome, that is, that this is just your opinion unsupported by any argument.

It seems I have offended the head turd polisher. Sorry,,,your efforts are commendable...

Best move I've made yet. Now I don't have to read senseless rantings of a loser stoner.

Good idea.

I guess I should take that head turd polisher thingi seriously because I managed to polish off quite a few turds without even trying.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Is Obama doing more to divide our country on race than bring it together? I think so.

No shit. How dare he be only half white and run for president and win. Who does he think he is. Sounds like a good time to rally all the oppressed white people who are being held down by Obama's policies and form a group or something. Have that group's mission be one that sends a message of peace and racial harmony that transcends race and color. That'll fix all that racial divide Obama is trying to put out there for sure.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
For the people bitching about racism, turn on the part of your brain that would tell you white people are included in young people.

Why didnt he include all Americans in his plea? I thought he was going to unite the country?

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
I am sure you will be happier ignoring those who disagree with you. Cowards with weak minds fear exposure to anything that challenges them. They fear thinking for themselves.

Hardly. I'm all for opposing viewpoints, and I only have one person on ignore on the forums. There is a time and a place for people like moonbeam. In college, when you are sitting around and ripping bong hits.

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Why didnt he include all Americans in his plea? I thought he was going to unite the country?

"young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again."

I never realized young people excluded any particular race.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
"young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again."

I never realized young people excluded any particular race.

So I assume then if a Republican made a speech that included the line "young people, Anglo-Americans, Latinos, and men who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again." it would be ok since we can assume that young people includes anyone not listed by name?

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
So I assume then if a Republican made a speech that included the line "young people, Anglo-Americans, Latinos, and men who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again." it would be ok since we can assume that young people includes anyone not listed by name?

The liberals would go fucking crazy of an (R) made a statement like that.