Obama takes 767 to see Grandma in Hawaii.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
It's okay, Corbett. Cus I'm goin' pray for you.... I'm goin' pray so hard for God to forgive you this hateful heart you have against your fellow human.....

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
It's okay, Corbett. Cus I'm goin' pray for you.... I'm goin' pray so hard for God to forgive you this hateful heart you have against your fellow human.....

Way to address the topic!

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
OP is nominated for asshole of the week.

Criticizing a candidate for taking what could be his last chance to see his grandmother. He didn't even mention her poor state of health!

MaxisOne

May 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Corbett

Oh we are going to Address this one .. !!

Corbett.. Ive read all your postings regarding this trip and him using his campaign aircraft.
Before we even argue about the merits of the security liabilty of a presidential candidate and the concerns in regards to travel not to mention the merits of visiting his grandmother on her deathbead... No no ..!!! lets skip all of that and get down to one of he primary elements of the assertion you made.

This is my request...

Kindly provide a picture of Barack Obamas 767 twin isle aircraft you claim he used to fly to hawaii..

Please ... be my guest.

Once you do that ill be more than happy to eat crow.

Ill bump this topic daily until Nov 4th awaiting your response

Kind Regards ..

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So whats the difference here? Why is it Ok for Obama to take his campaign plane to Hawaii and not only waste all that money, but also create a BIGGER CARBON FOOTPRINT?

I'd imagine it actually cost MORE for Obama to fly to Hawaii on his 767 than Palin spent on her "shopping spree".

Discuss.

HIs grandmother, the woman who raised him, is dying.

go fuck yourself in a goat farm, Corbett. you're worse than Satan.

ohnoes

Oct 11, 2007
Why does the president fly in air force one even when he's going to texas for vacation? Because it'd be retarded as all fuck for him to fly commercial.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: T2T III
The visit to Hawaii to see his ailing grandmother was just an excuse for him to take a few days off from the campaign trail. His real motive was to "try" to locate his original birth certificate - or any other "actual and factual" birth information from the Honolulu hospital. However, that granny angle was a good diversion.

I don't get it. Are you claiming he wasn't born in the US? Where was he born then?

FWIW it was very annoying when he landed because every channel had his plane taxiing to the jetway in the lower left corner of the TV screen. That sucked. Couldn't see half the show I was trying to watch. Never even got to see him... just that stupid 'hope' logo on the tail for a half hour.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Says the person not addressing any of the responses.

Feb 16, 2005
Corbett, it's going to be so hard for you to put your head in the sand when Obama becomes president, because, clearly, you suffer from extreme cranial-rectal inversion. what a sad little man you are. Please explain, oh eco-conscious one, how he should get to Hawaii, walk? swim? helicopter? prius?
You're a sad little troll, and it's clear to everyone but you.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
OP is nominated for asshole of the week.

Criticizing a candidate for taking what could be his last chance to see his grandmother. He didn't even mention her poor state of health!

I never criticized him for visiting his dying grandmother you moron.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: MaxisOne

Oh we are going to Address this one .. !!

Corbett.. Ive read all your postings regarding this trip and him using his campaign aircraft.
Before we even argue about the merits of the security liabilty of a presidential candidate and the concerns in regards to travel not to mention the merits of visiting his grandmother on her deathbead... No no ..!!! lets skip all of that and get down to one of he primary elements of the assertion you made.

This is my request...

Kindly provide a picture of Barack Obamas 767 twin isle aircraft you claim he used to fly to hawaii..

Please ... be my guest.

Once you do that ill be more than happy to eat crow.

Ill bump this topic daily until Nov 4th awaiting your response

Kind Regards ..

Sorry, its a 757. But are you denying that he took his campaign plane to Hawaii for this trip?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: zinfamous
So whats the difference here? Why is it Ok for Obama to take his campaign plane to Hawaii and not only waste all that money, but also create a BIGGER CARBON FOOTPRINT?

I'd imagine it actually cost MORE for Obama to fly to Hawaii on his 767 than Palin spent on her "shopping spree".

Discuss.

Thats not the issue here. I simply asked the question why is it ok for him to use campaign money to fly on a personal trip to visit his dying grandmother but its not ok for the RNC to use campaign money to give Sarah Palin a nice wardrobe while she is campaigning?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: RichardE

Says the person not addressing any of the responses.

All you've done is troll in this thread. Feel free to join in on the discussion.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Sheik Yerbouti
Corbett, it's going to be so hard for you to put your head in the sand when Obama becomes president, because, clearly, you suffer from extreme cranial-rectal inversion. what a sad little man you are. Please explain, oh eco-conscious one, how he should get to Hawaii, walk? swim? helicopter? prius?

A troll calling someone a troll. Excellent. And considering the source, I'll take that as a complement.

Again, yours, like many others' here, reading comprehension has failed you. I asked why its ok for Obama to use campaign funds for a personal trip, but its not ok for Palin to use campaign funds to buy clothes for her while she campaigns.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: zinfamous

Discuss.

Thats not the issue here. I simply asked the question why is it ok for him to use campaign money to fly on a personal trip to visit his dying grandmother but its not ok for the RNC to use campaign money to give Sarah Palin a nice wardrobe while she is campaigning?
It's OK for the RNC to outfit the alleged everyday person with high fashion, in fact I approve it. It's also cool for the RNC to buy her daughter Trisquit a $7500 hand bag. IMO that's money that's not going to be spent on ridiculous attack ads.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: cyclohexane
we gotta keep bumping this hilarious thread.
I wish the Palin/McCain Campaign would make a real issue out of this, I really do.:laugh:

Feb 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Sheik Yerbouti

A troll calling someone a troll. Excellent. And considering the source, I'll take that as a complement.

Again, yours, like many others' here, reading comprehension has failed you. I asked why its ok for Obama to use campaign funds for a personal trip, but its not ok for Palin to use campaign funds to buy clothes for her while she campaigns.

Me? Troll? Ok, that's cool. And as for taking a smaller plane, perhaps, as many others of sound mind have said here, the number of people needed to travel with him won't allow a smaller plane.
And trolls like you, especially you, would piss and moan if he took a riverboat to hawaii. My reading comprehension is just fine, it's just your moral compass is in the shitter, you compare a wardrobe to someone visiting a woman who raised him that's very ill.
Good comparison, spot on.
Typical reaction from people like you, you see you're in a hole, and you surmise the only way to get out is to dig faster.