Obama takes 767 to see Grandma in Hawaii.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
The Right wing echo-chamber can't even defend McCain anymore. The firingsquad is assembling. Get ready for the destruction of the GOP as we know it once this election is over.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
The Right wing echo-chamber can't even defend McCain anymore. The firingsquad is assembling. Get ready for the destruction of the GOP as we know it once this election is over.
Who woulda thunk it? I never thought I'd want to thank bush for anything but: thanks bush, cheney and especially the divisive rove tactics. Really, thanks for destroying the cancer known as the republican party.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Stunt
This is absolute bullshit!
Thank you for bringing this to my attention Corbett; I'm going to disregard the mess the Republicans created, forget about Palin being one heartbeat from the presidency and turn a blind eye to all the policy differences between McCain and Obama.....and vote McCain for this...
Do you honestly think this is a vote changer...
Jeez...the Republicans are really struggling for a message.

Oh come on, Republicans are your heroes, this feigning is unbecoming on you.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Obama takes 767 to see Grandma in Hawaii.

The ONLY way this is news is if he did it at gun point.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: retrospooty
Originally posted by: umbrella39

Face facts, you would have found fault with him had he swam to Hawaii.

So true. Another failed attemt at distractions...

To be fair, this whole $150k wardrobe is a distraction too. Does it really matter? No

Why the wardrobe issue has any relevance: because millions of voters are affected by her 'she's a small town girl' claims, who is against that 'big city Washington spending', and the wardrobe spending shows the claim not to be all she says it is. The fact is that while the election is about extremely important thing in who gets elected, the voters are often persuaded by nonsensical side issues, and that makes those issues have importance because of how they influence voters.

Debating her small town credentials isn't important itself, it's important if it affects how a lot of voters vote.

To let her get huge numbers of voters with a 'Main Street in Wasilla' sales pitch and not say anything about the falsehood of her sales pitch would be ridiculous for democrats.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Craig234

To be fair, this whole $150k wardrobe is a distraction too. Does it really matter? No

Why the wardrobe issue has any relevance: because millions of voters are affected by her 'she's a small town girl' claims, who is against that 'big city Washington spending', and the wardrobe spending shows the claim not to be all she says it is. The fact is that while the election is about extremely important thing in who gets elected, the voters are often persuaded by nonsensical side issues, and that makes those issues have importance because of how they influence voters.

Debating her small town credentials isn't important itself, it's important if it affects how a lot of voters vote.

To let her get huge numbers of voters with a 'Main Street in Wasilla' sales pitch and not say anything about the falsehood of her sales pitch would be ridiculous for democrats.

I agree she is a hippocrit, but all of the "dead from the neck up" conservatives that are voting for her because of her ' a small town girl' claims are already a lost cause.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yep, Corbett cut loose a very nasty smelling fart in the AT P&N elevator just before he got off and is laughing all the way down the stairwell.;)

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Hahaha...... Man, I thought ProfJ was bad but this.

This takes the cake! I doubt he could of flown a smaller plane since LA to Hawaii is roughly 3200 miles and well, you should have a few more gallons left in the tank in case you gotta fly around a while while other planes land. So, I'm thinking maybe a few more aircraft might of been suitable but not many to choose from. What did you want him to do row a boat to Hawaii?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Craig234

I agree she is a hippocrit, but all of the "dead from the neck up" conservatives that are voting for her because of her ' a small town girl' claims are already a lost cause.

Not all her initial supporters are a 'lost cause'; her unfavorable rating has gone from the 20's to the 50's since the convention. Besides, it's just nice to point out the contradiction.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I feel foolish even discussing this topic, but remember that whatever planes McCain or Obama use are already vetted by the Secret Service and their campaign security staff for proper maintainence (ie, some wackjob doesn't sabotage the plane in disguise of a mechanic or crewmember working on it), for listening bugs and the like. Renting another plane would involve the expense and delay and insecurity of performing all these functions all over again.

But from a campaign that hinged Palin's foreign policy credentials on the ability to see Russia from parts of Alaska, I suppose I shouldn't expect a more substantive issue to discuss.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Thump553
I feel foolish even discussing this topic, but remember that whatever planes McCain or Obama use are already vetted by the Secret Service and their campaign security staff for proper maintainence (ie, some wackjob doesn't sabotage the plane in disguise of a mechanic or crewmember working on it), for listening bugs and the like. Renting another plane would involve the expense and delay and insecurity of performing all these functions all over again.

But from a campaign that hinged Palin's foreign policy credentials on the ability to see Russia from parts of Alaska, I suppose I shouldn't expect a more substantive issue to discuss.

If McCain wins I am going to ask to be Secretary of the Treasury. I can see a bank from my window.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Corbett
So whats the difference here? Why is it Ok for Obama to take his campaign plane to Hawaii and not only waste all that money, but also create a BIGGER CARBON FOOTPRINT?

I'd imagine it actually cost MORE for Obama to fly to Hawaii on his 767 than Palin spent on her "shopping spree".

Discuss.

if palins shopping spree was a non issue (as it was, other than the lulz), than how was this one?

also he probably had to bring staff, press, security, etc with him as well.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: microbial
It's enjoyable in a peculiar way to see these mindless nitwits regurgitate the neo-con echo chamber talking points, as they squirm in pain watching their corrupt alzheimer boy and designer Eva Braun go up in flames.

i think 76 posts is enough posts for you

(stop posting)

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
So whats the difference here? Why is it Ok for Obama to take his campaign plane to Hawaii and not only waste all that money, but also create a BIGGER CARBON FOOTPRINT?

I'd imagine it actually cost MORE for Obama to fly to Hawaii on his 767 than Palin spent on her "shopping spree".

Discuss.

Simple. Palin claims to be an average joe middle class and then spends $150k on clothing, thus showing true hypocrisy.

Obama visits his sick grandmother. Never claimed to be middle class, etc.

Need brain much?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
a bump for the massive fail of the OP......

??? Not at all. You libs jumped all over this, just as I expected. Its a double standard you have here.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

??? Not at all. You libs jumped all over this, just as I expected. Its a double standard you have here.

which double standard might that be?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM
Earth calling Corbett? Corbett, Corbett, Corbett. Your topic is missing you. Com'n now, "Discuss" should mean more then post and run. Besides what did you think Barack was gonna fly, coach?

I dont know, but you try to explain how Obama says he will lower the tides from Global Warming and then takes a 767 to hawaii to visit his grandmother.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: shadow9d9

Discuss.

Simple. Palin claims to be an average joe middle class and then spends $150k on clothing, thus showing true hypocrisy.

Obama visits his sick grandmother. Never claimed to be middle class, etc.

Need brain much?

Palin didn't spend the $150,000, the RNC did.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

SEE OP

No, because all you've done is dart around the points made about why Obama traveled in the manner he did and why he went to Hawaii - which was to see his grandmother whose heath is failing..

The hate you have in you is so sad...

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

SEE OP

No, because all you've done is dart around the points made about why Obama traveled in the manner he did and why he went to Hawaii - which was to see his grandmother whose heath is failing..

The hate you have in you is so sad...

Its obvious why he went to Hawaii. Nobody faults him for visiting his dieing grandmother.

However, the point is, those who claim Palin wasted money on clothes are the same ones claiming Obama had every right to spend more campaign money than Palin did to visit said Grandma.

On top of that, how much harm did that 767 contribute to "Global Warming"? I thought Obama said we need to cut down on our energy consumption?

But hey, feel free to call names and troll all you want. Or address the subject for once.