Obama skips Polish funeral, heads to golf course

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Why didn't he take a nuke war ship(carrier/missle boat)? No cloud to worry about.

You aren't serious, right? My meter blew up a while ago.

For one thing...

nytimes1-499x544.png

Damn, I could've used that picture this morning.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
For one thing...

nytimes1-499x544.png

the dust and particulate cloud wasn't as dense and contiguous between parts of Russia and parts of Poland.

For another, the cloud was most dense above 20,000 ft. A shorter flight at a lower altitude would be practical, especially since most air traffic was halted, allowing for use of an available lower altitude route.

For yet another, Russian President Medvedev's flight would have been entirely over land, allowing much better chances for a safe landing in any emergency. Obama would have had to fly through much more of the volcano's plume, over open seas and probably at a higher altitude.

And you think it would be worthwhile to jeopradize the life of the President of the United States to attend a funeral? I keep trying to find reasons not to call you an idiot, and you refuse to allow that to happen. :rolleyes:

I didn't see you going to Poland, either. Were you too chickenshit? :hmm:

Instead, you played with yourself in this jackoff of a thread. :thumbsdown:

Technically, he could have flown to spain and taken the train. I guess he's just too good for the train.

Dec 10, 2005
Technically, he could have flown to spain and taken the train. I guess he's just too good for the train.

And then you'd create a thread about the huge cost of providing security for the President to take the train.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
More like you're too stupid to understand the logistical nightmare of the POTUS taking a train from Spain to Poland

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
Yet another weak excuse for the OP and his Obama hating buddies to rub nuts together :rolleyes:

Don't worry you only have another 7yrs of the darky in the whitehouse, then maybe we will elect a mexican or perhaps a moooslem or a jew and really piss you guys off :)

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Obam maed a sekret trip to polend and killed threr pesident cause he had the offishal birf cetifikent and obam had to stop him, hten air force dropped sizemech charlges in vocano to cover obams' trax!!!!!

WHERE IS OFFISHAL BIRF CETIFIKENT, OBAM!!!??! WE THPEOPLE ARE ON 2 YOU!!!!

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
the train in spain instead of the plane?

Don't forget the volcanic rain in spain that isn't on the train going through the plains but affects the plane boss!

*I could go on and on with that one but I'll stop there.

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
And you think it would be worthwhile to jeopradize the life of the President of the United States to attend a funeral?

I'm no fan of Obama, but even I can admit that it would have been irresponsible of him to risk his life to attend the funeral. That being said, I feel that his decision to play golf instead was disrespectful to one of our strongest allies.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm no fan of Obama, but even I can admit that it would have been irresponsible of him to risk his life to attend the funeral. That being said, I feel that his decision to play golf instead was disrespectful to one of our strongest allies.

You're talking about the NBA, right? :awe:

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
haha nice

Failing this far in to the thread is silly. Take a look at the map Harvey posted.

Should of Obama been golfing, probably not. But I can understand the logistics of trying to get him there would be a nightmare and a big waste of money.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
GWB burned Kerry in the 2004 Presidential debates with that "you forgot Poland" line. Now it will also be Obama's undoing in 2012.

Disclaimer: Sarcasm.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Are you so biased that you can't admit that it was a poor decision?

How was it a poor decision?

Did Poland complain or is it just hacks like you (that didn't vote for or support him anyway) that have their noses out of joint?

Please explain.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I bet if the President of Poland was black Obama would be attending... Another racist action by Obama..

I bet that could end up being the stupidest, most racist post in the whole thread. That would be typical for you... but I could be wrong. You might come up worse.

Fear No Evil said:
ObamaBigAssMistakeAmerika

Fulminating Egotistical Anal Retentive Nutjob Obviously Entirely Void In Logic

Last edited:

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Of course Obama should have gone to Poland. Maybe he could have stopped off in Germany to visit Bitburg and honor the SS too. :)

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I didn't like people criticizing Bush for taking a lot of "vacations" and I don't like people criticizing Obama either. The President is never really on vacation. If there was a crisis, he'd know about it whether in the White House or stuck five shots over in a bunker on the 9th.

Being the President is stressful and if a President needs to play golf, clear brush from him land, or go jogging to stay mentally fit or just to blow off steam, I have no problem with it. It's not like Obama would finish the round if there was some crisis.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I bet that could end up being the stupidest, most racist post in the whole thread. That would be typical for you... but I could be wrong. You might come up worse.

I just point them out as I see them. Actions like this along with his apparent need to kill brown people continuing Bush's illegal war and his refusal to prosecute any of the previous Administration. Strikes me as treason.. I guess racism is a pretty minor issue in Obama's grand scheme of failures and illegal activity. Not even to mention the ordering of the assassination of American citizens without trial. I guess I understand why he doesn't want Bush brought up on charges, he's loving every minute of his illegal and treason filled activities.

I know you aren't stupid Harvey, so my only conclusion is that you support these type of activities and your veiled attempt at outrage about the previous Administration is maybe like when Republicans come out against gays and are gay themselves? Perhaps you are just a neocon who can't admit it? Self hate? Maybe Moonbeam can chime in on that.