Obama shares in sacrifice of common Americans, returns 5% of salary

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Omfg even better........ Since congress gives him some leeway for a couple of decent vacations and obama abuses it year after year, it's ok?

Do you know what the word "abuse" means?

Main Entry: 1abuse
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈbyüs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French abus, from Latin abusus, from abuti to consume, from ab- + uti to use
Date: 15th century
1 : a corrupt practice or custom 2 : improper or excessive use or treatment : misuse <drug abuse> 3 obsolete : a deceitful act : deception 4 : language that condemns or vilifies usually unjustly, intemperately, and angrily 5 : physical maltreatment

I even highlighted it for you and I've already shown how his vacations are no different than past presidents and we know he hasn't taken more vacations than past presidents so...

Your argument, much like your reasoning, is pure garbage.

Try again.

Sep 7, 2009
Yeah, the guy calling the president a communist, a north Korean dictator, etc etc isn't outraged at all.

You should seek some help, man.

What's wrong? Did I touch a nerve?

I never called him a communist nor a dictator. Don't mix my words, I would never say anything bad about our Dear Leader after all he has done for us by donating $20k to charity while flushing $20,000,000 on hawaii vacations alone.

Sep 7, 2009
Do you know what the word "abuse" means?

I even highlighted it for you and I've already shown how his vacations are no different than past presidents and we know he hasn't taken more vacations than past presidents so...

Your argument, much like your reasoning, is pure garbage.

Try again.

There are VAST differences between prior presidents going to camp david to work, or taking short "normal" vacations on occasion, compared to obama and his family taking ultra exotic vacations.

Look, I know, our Dear Leader's propaganda is very strong. I can understand why you don't want to question him, after all he has done for us.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What's wrong? Did I touch a nerve?

I never called him a communist nor a dictator. Don't mix my words, I would never say anything bad about our Dear Leader after all he has done for us by donating $20k to charity while flushing $20,000,000 on hawaii vacations alone.

No?

You're just ranting like a lunatic on here and that can't be good for you. In the face of contrary evidence you just plow ahead and keep foaming. That's also probably not the best.

Sep 7, 2009
No?

You're just ranting like a lunatic on here and that can't be good for you. In the face of contrary evidence you just plow ahead and keep foaming. That's also probably not the best.

Actually I am sitting here laughing at the entire thing.

I view obama as the ultimate real-life troll. He has many of you blindly wrapped around his little finger, begging like lap dogs to defend him in any way possible.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
?? I am not in any way outraged. After so many years of seeing him abuse the system in every way possible I'm not even surprised anymore.

Sort of ironic how much of his constituent base does similar things to abuse the system.... Just take take take, whatever is possible.

Hey if they offer food stamps might as well take them right? If they'll pay me disability due to social anxiety it would be stupid to not take it right? If they're going to give me a commiephone I need to take advantage of it.

Your arguments are no different. Just because congress "allows" him to spend MASSIVE amounts of money on ultra exotic vacations does not mean it's the right thing to do.

OMG the man that works the toughest job in the world and works more per year than you do in any given 3 years takes vacations that he pays for!!!!! RAGE!!!!!!

So is excessive adjective use while talking about vacations your new "in deep cover"? You do like to be repetitive about the same retarded shit once you latch on to it, don't you?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
There are VAST differences between prior presidents going to camp david to work, or taking short "normal" vacations on occasion, compared to obama and his family taking ultra exotic vacations.

Look, I know, our Dear Leader's propaganda is very strong. I can understand why you don't want to question him, after all he has done for us.

Someone didn't read a link that would clear up their ignorance on the subject. I'm shocked.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Actually I am sitting here laughing at the entire thing.

I view obama as the ultimate real-life troll. He has many of you blindly wrapped around his little finger, begging like lap dogs to defend him in any way possible.

I always find it funny that on here the most rabid partisans are invariably the people who accuse everyone else of rabid partisanship.

I'm quite sure you aren't laughing about Obama, its pretty obvious that you've invested a lot in hating him.

mwilliams8705

Apr 4, 2013
Well good on him, only if he can convince the rest of government to do the same and put the savings into paying off debt.

Wait? What? He doesn't care about debt and just wants to spend and tax more?

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Damn, President's make bank. $400,000 a year...

One could only dream..

$400K for that job is far, far too little. There are at least 5 guys in my small company that make more than that and probably 4 to 5 others that make close and their jobs are jokes compared to being President of the US.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Well, the Pope makes roughly $200M per year. If I were a Catholic who contributed to that paycheck I'd be very upset with how they've handled the child abuse scandal.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
$400K for that job is far, far too little. There are at least 5 guys in my small company that make more than that and probably 4 to 5 others that make close and their jobs are jokes compared to being President of the US.

Just looking at his wages is kinda like looking at the wages of CEOs without taking into account their stock options or bonuses. Given the massive amount of benefits conferred during and after their terms I think $400,000 is enough

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Well, the Pope makes roughly $200M per year. If I were a Catholic who contributed to that paycheck I'd be very upset with how they've handled the child abuse scandal.

The pope doesn't make 200m or even receive a paycheck. Either way the presidents pay is comparatively small, however I wouldn't want it increased because it shouldn't be a position about money.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
The pope doesn't make 200m or even receive a paycheck. Either way the presidents pay is comparatively small, however I wouldn't want it increased because it shouldn't be a position about money.

The Pope receives immensely more in benefits than the $400k the POTUS makes... which is the point.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
The Pope receives immensely more in benefits than the $400k the POTUS makes... which is the point.

THAT was your point? Lets be honest, your point was to post off topic drivel so you might get another jab at Catholics. Hence the child abuse statement which was completely unnecessary if the above was really your point. Comparing the Pope to the President when it comes to salary is asinine, especially in the context of this thread. Then again, when your goal is derailment, context doesn't matter.

You are so full of shit.

Nov 30, 2006
Of course instead he did things like crack jokes to jobless people about how he was unemployed just like them.

If we are talking about tin ears to the suffering, that idiot basically took the cake.
Kind of like the sensitivity Obama displayed towards the unemployed with his shovel-ready joke?

But hey, that's nothing compared to Obama's insensivity to the Fort Hood victims and families when he was giving pats on the back and shout-outs just prior to his Fort Hood speech, or referring to a "Polish death camps" when posthumously awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, or saying "'When 4 Americans get killed, it's not optimal" after the Benghazi incident? Remember "If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that"? Need I go on?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
THAT was your point? Lets be honest, your point was to post off topic drivel so you might get another jab at Catholics. Hence the child abuse statement which was completely unnecessary if the above was really your point. Comparing the Pope to the President when it comes to salary is asinine, especially in the context of this thread. Then again, when your goal is derailment, context doesn't matter.

You are so full of shit.

You're a fiesty little piece of shit lately, aren't you? Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

Until your time of the month passes, please feel free to go fuck yourself. If you don't want to fuck yourself, too bad... do it anyway.

The point was to emphasize that compensation for POTUS is not too much or too little.. especially compared to the Pope who runs an organization that's as corrupt if not more than the US government... and the Pope doesn't have a "nuclear football".

Last edited:

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012

You do realize how stupid you sound when you say a trip to Hawaii is an "ultra exotic vacation"?

Hawaii became the 50th state in 1959. Barack Obama grew up there. It's common for presidents to return home for vacation. George Bush returned home to Texas. Obama returned home to Hawaii.

"Ultra exotic vacation" to Hawaii. Lol... You're not too bright, are you?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So what? He can give speeches for $millions as soon as he's retired, corporations will fall all over themselves to give him big bucks, publishers will pay millions for a ghost written book and yet he gives a lower percentage of his money to charity then most the folks I know.

A nice little PR effort that costs him little and means even less.

I bet 10million dollars his next book will not be ghostwritten.

Only few presidents in history were incapable of spelling, you know. (dubya for sure...and possibly Andrew Johnson :D)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

seriously.

but also realize that the POTUS doesn't pay for anything while serving.
"Free" meals, "free" room and board, "free" airplane rides whereeverthefuck he wants or needs to go, "Free" tickets to any major event, "free" vacations, etc...

;)

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
You're a fiesty little piece of shit lately, aren't you? Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

Until your time of the month passes, please feel free to go fuck yourself. If you don't want to fuck yourself, too bad... do it anyway.

The point was to emphasize that compensation for POTUS is not too much or too little.. especially compared to the Pope who runs an organization that's as corrupt if not more than the US government... and the Pope doesn't have a "nuclear football".

Attack me all you want, it doesn't make you any less obvious.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Kind of like the sensitivity Obama displayed towards the unemployed with his shovel-ready joke?

But hey, that's nothing compared to Obama's insensivity to the Fort Hood victims and families when he was giving pats on the back and shout-outs just prior to his Fort Hood speech, or referring to a "Polish death camps" when posthumously awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, or saying "'When 4 Americans get killed, it's not optimal" after the Benghazi incident? Remember "If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that"? Need I go on?

Sure you can go on if you want, I'm not even sure why you listed those to begin with? You said something earlier to the effect that Romney would not have been so stupid as Obama in this regard, and I was simply reminding you of how untrue that was.

Oh, and the 'you didn't build that' business was a really sad attempt by a flailing campaign to find an issue. What Obama said was unarguably correct.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
You do realize how stupid you sound when you say a trip to Hawaii is an "ultra exotic vacation"?

Hawaii became the 50th state in 1959. Barack Obama grew up there. It's common for presidents to return home for vacation. George Bush returned home to Texas. Obama returned home to Hawaii.

"Ultra exotic vacation" to Hawaii. Lol... You're not too bright, are you?

"Exotic" is just another dog-whistle code word to reinforce that he's different from the rest of us.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
seriously.

but also realize that the POTUS doesn't pay for anything while serving.
"Free" meals, "free" room and board, "free" airplane rides whereeverthefuck he wants or needs to go, "Free" tickets to any major event, "free" vacations, etc...

;)

That's not true.