Obama salutes Fort Hood victims, condemns murders

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_fort_hood

By BEN FELLER, Associated Press Writer Ben Feller, Associated Press Writer – 2 mins ago
FORT HOOD, Texas – One by one, President Barack Obama spoke the names and told the stories Tuesday of the 13 people slain in the Fort Hood shooting rampage, honoring their memories as he denounced the "twisted logic" that led to their deaths.

"No faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor," Obama told the crowd on a steamy Texas afternoon. "And for what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice — in this world and the next."

There is more.....

I am glad that Obama chose his words very carefully!! May those who lost their lives rest in Peace!!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2005
Wow, I am thoroughly impressed with the way Obama handled it, respected the victims, the victims families and gave honor and dignity to them as well. My heart goes out to all who suffered because of this tragedy.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I still have trust issues with him but it is so refreshing to have such a well spoken leader

Thank you for the words you chose today

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Classy and well said it looks like. Will watch tonite.

10000.png

LOL

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_fort_hood

By BEN FELLER, Associated Press Writer Ben Feller, Associated Press Writer – 2 mins ago
FORT HOOD, Texas – One by one, President Barack Obama spoke the names and told the stories Tuesday of the 13 people slain in the Fort Hood shooting rampage, honoring their memories as he denounced the "twisted logic" that led to their deaths.

"No faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor," Obama told the crowd on a steamy Texas afternoon. "And for what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice — in this world and the next."

There is more.....
-snip-

Well, if the rest of his remarks were as eloquent and appropriate, sounds like a very good speech to me.

Fern

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
The man gives excellent speeches. This sounds excellent from what little I've heard and read of it.

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
The only problem... what took so long? It is more like people doesn't like his indifference attitude on this matter then he do the speech.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I'm glad he dealt with the religious extremism that is central to this incident. As usual he did it with tact. I'm sure some hardline conservatives would prefer if he called out Islam specifically but there's no reason to fan the flames in this context.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
The only problem... what took so long? It is more like people doesn't like his indifference attitude on this matter then he do the speech.

:( some of you really need to cut the hate

Maybe give the families a moment of peace and let some investigating be done and let some of them who could leave the hospital and join the speech.. right?

I heard that his family also spent time with the victims families after the speech

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Here is to a quick military trial and lethal injection.
Wrong. A quick military trial and then cut off his fucking head and pour hot oil down his throat. That will be twice as much due process as islamic extremists have given anyone they took captive.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Wrong. A quick military trial and then cut off his fucking head and pour hot oil down his throat. That will be twice as much due process as islamic extremists have given anyone they took captive.

Ah yes, the classic "they hurt one of us, so we want payback" vigilante justice.

What happened to no "cruel and unusual punishment"? What happened to following our laws to convict and punish anyone?

When did one illegal act make another legal? Did you mother really tell you "two wrongs do make a right?"

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Wrong. A quick military trial and then cut off his fucking head and pour hot bacon grease down his throat. That will be twice as much due process as islamic extremists have given anyone they took captive.

ftfy

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Ah yes, the classic "they hurt one of us, so we want payback" vigilante justice.

What happened to no "cruel and unusual punishment"? What happened to following our laws to convict and punish anyone?

When did one illegal act make another legal? Did you mother really tell you "two wrongs do make a right?"
Oh look a bleeding heart!

He's going to be put to death anyway. This isn't going to be some hand-wringing, tear-jerking public trial. It's going to be a military trial.

How he dies is immaterial. Islamic extremists cut off the heads of their captives with no trial, no due process whatsoever. My point is to get it over with quick the same as his brethren do it. I guess you'd like him to languish in a military prison for the rest of his days? It's pathetic that I have to explain my two sentences to you.

squirrel dog

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I would hope the shooter is tried by a military court as a terrorist,and is executed by a firing squad.