Obama punches Republican, Republican explodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 1999
http://gawker.com/5983860/this-gif-of-obamas-exploding-fist-bump-is-the-state-of-the-union-highlight

original.gif

;)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I can't tell if that was just a Republican quick on the explode, or if he was trying to get out of participating in a friendly,possibly too urban for him, gesture and tried to morph it into a handshake.

There's a lot of camera fright among GOP when around Obama, they don't want to have something come haunt them in their next primary.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Repub base better not see that. Waaaayyy to ethnic. Dude may not get reelected. Thats why he quickly snapped out of it to a hand shake I suppose.

Oct 16, 1999
Kirk initiated the bump. You can just see him holding his fist up for it after the initial handshake. It does look like he was transitioning the "boom" into another handshake afterwards and Obama leaned in for the hug instead.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Kirk initiated the bump. You can just see him holding his fist up for it after the initial handshake. It does look like he was transitioning the "boom" into another handshake afterwards and Obama leaned in for the hug instead.

wow. When looking at it from that perspective, it just made the whole thing look awkward....

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
At least in that very brief gif, Kirk is looking like he is recovering rapidly from the massive stroke he had. Wasn't he out of the Senate for the better part of a year?

And it's definately nice to see two politicians from different parties actually behaving like civil human beings towards each other.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
More importantly are there or are there not two five star generals necking in that scene?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
At least in that very brief gif, Kirk is looking like he is recovering rapidly from the massive stroke he had. Wasn't he out of the Senate for the better part of a year?

And it's definately nice to see two politicians from different parties actually behaving like civil human beings towards each other.
True - although it makes me wonder what they're plotting. ;)

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
He is definitely our coolest president.

I hate that POS with a PASSION, but I am a man of the truth and the truth is he is definitley the coolest and most "hip" president. But thats how he lures uneducated people to their doom..........by pretending to be their friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.