• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Obama now has double digit lead over Clinton

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
2,219
217
101
Obama Widens Lead Over Clinton in Poll

Barack Obama leads Hillary Clinton by 10 percentage points in the latest national on the Democratic presidential nomination, according to the latest Gallup daily tracking poll. That's Obama's biggest lead of the year so far, the polling organization reports.

It's the first time either Democrat has led the other by double digits since Feb. 4-6, when Clinton outpaced Obama by 11 percentage points.

The poll also asked registered voters about John McCain's standing against Clinton and Obama. The presumptive GOP presidential nominee leads Clinton by 4 percentage points, and Obama by 3 points, the poll said.

Some of Obama's supporters have said that Clinton is hurting the party by staying in the race when she is trailing Obama in delegates. McCain trailed both candidates in prior polls.

poll link
---

In other news, Amy Klobuchar became the second female senator to endorse Barack Obama.

Democrats should be smart enough to vote for Obama in the upcoming primaries because if this continues, McCain's lead will continue to increase. Voters keep pulling Clinton from the brink, and it may make for good headlines/ratings, but it's not a recipe for success against the GOP.


 

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
42,816
83
91
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
 

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
29,471
1
0
Originally posted by: loki8481
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
Polls still don't matter
 

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
42,816
83
91
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
Originally posted by: loki8481
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
Polls still don't matter
I agree :)
 

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
2,219
217
101
Originally posted by: loki8481
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
Quote the post where I said that.
 

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
16,979
0
0
Originally posted by: loki8481
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
That was a brief period where Obama was being dragged through the mud over some crap that pastor Wright said. Obama was leading before that and now that the dust has settled he's leading again.
 

Fern

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 30, 2003
26,907
173
106
IMO, the significance of this poll is that it demonstrates Obama survived the Rev Wright, and shows that Hillary's taking a little hit for the Bosnia sniper fire fantasy.

Otherwise, too early to draw any long term conclusions.

Fern
 

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
1,513
0
0
The dumb slut needs to drop out now. She is going to cause a Mccain victory...and that really says something given that the vast majority of Americans disapprove of Mccain's stance on the war.
 

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
1,942
0
0
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
The dumb slut needs to drop out now. She is going to cause a Mccain victory...and that really says something given that the vast majority of Americans disapprove of Mccain's stance on the war.
What the hell is wrong with you people? How is she remotely a dumb slut? The only slut in that family is Bill as far as we know. To claim she's dumb just shows how full of bologna some of you posters are.
 

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
20,984
2
0
Look at the thread title----Obama now has a double digit lead over Clinton. Now look at the link. Obama leads Hillary 52% to 42% which adds up to only 94%. Where is de missing 6%? Supporting the man in the moon or what? By my math, if Obama has only 52% that leaves Hillary with 48%, about where the race stands now. But any double digit lead is more hype than reality.

Now look at the democratic delegate math, 80% are at large and won by primary and caucus votes and 20% are super delegates.

Which means if a candidate is to win by popular votes primary and caucus results, said candidate needs 5/8 of 80% to get to that 2025 votes or 50%. Or put another way,
a 62.5% vs. a 37.5% lead. Which maths out to a 25% lead that Obama by no means even comes close to.

And if I were a democratic super delegate, my position would be as follows---Hillary or Obama, I like them both. Its my role here to be a last resort decider, but to be fair to all, I shall hold off endorsing one or the other until all the primary and caucus voters in the country have had a chance to vote. And then, following the lead of our party chairman, I shall render my choice on or slightly before July 1.
 

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
29,471
1
0
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
The dumb slut needs to drop out now. She is going to cause a Mccain victory...and that really says something given that the vast majority of Americans disapprove of Mccain's stance on the war.
Congratulations
 

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
13,918
18
81
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
The dumb slut needs to drop out now. She is going to cause a Mccain victory...and that really says something given that the vast majority of Americans disapprove of Mccain's stance on the war.
If you care who the dem nominee is, perhaps instead of calling the person that about 50% of the country voted for a dumb slut, you'd engage them positively about why your candidate is better. Because pissing off that 50% by ridiculing their choice for the nominee makes them hate you and your candidate, and guess what, you need their vote for your guy to succeed.

If anyone is going to "cause" a McCain victory it will be people like you who drive away half the party with your bile.

And for the record, Obama (and over 60% of dems) doesn't think Hillary should drop out until she decides to.
 

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
67,522
4,198
126
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
The dumb slut needs to drop out now. She is going to cause a Mccain victory...and that really says something given that the vast majority of Americans disapprove of Mccain's stance on the war.
I'm just glad I'm not your girl friend because I'd have to cut your dick off for that imbecilic remark.
 

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
6,434
79
91
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: loki8481
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
That was a brief period where Obama was being dragged through the mud over some crap that pastor Wright said. Obama was leading before that and now that the dust has settled he's leading again.
I can't wait till it gets dragged up again.
 

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
4,197
100
106
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
The dumb slut needs to drop out now. She is going to cause a Mccain victory...and that really says something given that the vast majority of Americans disapprove of Mccain's stance on the war.
You're a disgrace.
 

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
42,816
83
91
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: loki8481
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
That was a brief period where Obama was being dragged through the mud over some crap that pastor Wright said. Obama was leading before that and now that the dust has settled he's leading again.
I can't wait till it gets dragged up again.
are you really ready for 7 months of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-1-g90bW0 ?
 

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
6,434
79
91
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: loki8481
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
That was a brief period where Obama was being dragged through the mud over some crap that pastor Wright said. Obama was leading before that and now that the dust has settled he's leading again.
I can't wait till it gets dragged up again.
are you really ready for 7 months of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-1-g90bW0 ?
LOL; that was funny.
 

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
9,299
137
106
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: loki8481
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
That was a brief period where Obama was being dragged through the mud over some crap that pastor Wright said. Obama was leading before that and now that the dust has settled he's leading again.
I can't wait till it gets dragged up again.
are you really ready for 7 months of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-1-g90bW0 ?
LOL; that was funny.
goodness gracious that was painful...:roll:
 

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
11,062
1
0
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Look at the thread title----Obama now has a double digit lead over Clinton. Now look at the link. Obama leads Hillary 52% to 42% which adds up to only 94%. Where is de missing 6%? Supporting the man in the moon or what? By my math, if Obama has only 52% that leaves Hillary with 48%, about where the race stands now. But any double digit lead is more hype than reality.
bad math and damage control for the win huh? If hillary only has 42%, barack must have the other 58% right?

the remaining 6% most likely are either undecided or support one of the defunct candidates or another person in the party, ie Gore.

 

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
11,062
1
0
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
The dumb slut needs to drop out now. She is going to cause a Mccain victory...and that really says something given that the vast majority of Americans disapprove of Mccain's stance on the war.
aren't you supposed to be some sort of libertarian or something?
 

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
42,816
83
91
Originally posted by: OrByte
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: loki8481
funny how polls didn't matter a couple weeks ago when Clinton had a lead over Obama or when they show more Clinton voters willing to defect.
That was a brief period where Obama was being dragged through the mud over some crap that pastor Wright said. Obama was leading before that and now that the dust has settled he's leading again.
I can't wait till it gets dragged up again.
are you really ready for 7 months of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-1-g90bW0 ?
LOL; that was funny.
goodness gracious that was painful...:roll:
crap editing job, but I'd expect better versions to start popping up in september-october once the 527's get geared up.
 
Oct 27, 2007
17,010
1
0
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Look at the thread title----Obama now has a double digit lead over Clinton. Now look at the link. Obama leads Hillary 52% to 42% which adds up to only 94%. Where is de missing 6%? Supporting the man in the moon or what? By my math, if Obama has only 52% that leaves Hillary with 48%, about where the race stands now. But any double digit lead is more hype than reality.

Now look at the democratic delegate math, 80% are at large and won by primary and caucus votes and 20% are super delegates.

Which means if a candidate is to win by popular votes primary and caucus results, said candidate needs 5/8 of 80% to get to that 2025 votes or 50%. Or put another way,
a 62.5% vs. a 37.5% lead. Which maths out to a 25% lead that Obama by no means even comes close to.

And if I were a democratic super delegate, my position would be as follows---Hillary or Obama, I like them both. Its my role here to be a last resort decider, but to be fair to all, I shall hold off endorsing one or the other until all the primary and caucus voters in the country have had a chance to vote. And then, following the lead of our party chairman, I shall render my choice on or slightly before July 1.
Surely this post is a joke? No one is really this stupid, are they?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY