Obama = More Trustworthy...Clinton not even close?!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Why is it really a surprise that people find Obama more honest and trustworthy than Hillary? She's a product of a corrupt system and has been for 3 decades. Obama hasn't been there long enough to be fully corrupted...yet.

And, let's be honest. It isn't difficult to find someone more honest and trustworthy than Hillary. :laugh:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I guess a lot support her just to spite republicans who may spontaneously combust if she is elected.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Nebor
People don't expect trustworthiness out of politicians. We lost that expectation 30 years ago. We just want them to lie to us well enough that we don't find out.

And looking good while doing it doesn't hurt either. See Bill Clinton for how to lie correctly and still have people admire you years after you have left office. Now that's Slick :)

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Coldkilla
Meh, I trust Obama. He really wants it. He probably wont win, but it wont be a wasted vote.

I agree!! Obama over Hillary.....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What's strange to me is in one thread people are bashing Hillary for not having qualifications... as if she would not have the experience or knowhow in order to be an effective president. Now in this thread she is the ultimate insider, corrupted by 3 decades of Washington.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy
What's strange to me is in one thread people are bashing Hillary for not having qualifications... as if she would not have the experience or knowhow in order to be an effective president. Now in this thread she is the ultimate insider, corrupted by 3 decades of Washington.

And you're surprised how?

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: Nebor
People don't expect trustworthiness out of politicians. We lost that expectation 30 years ago. We just want them to lie to us well enough that we don't find out.

And looking good while doing it doesn't hurt either. See Bill Clinton for how to lie correctly and still have people admire you years after you have left office. Now that's Slick :)

Thats probably because his lies didnt really kill anyone...

Except for Rawanda...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster
Why is it really a surprise that people find Obama more honest and trustworthy than Hillary? She's a product of a corrupt system and has been for 3 decades. Obama hasn't been there long enough to be fully corrupted...yet.

And, let's be honest. It isn't difficult to find someone more honest and trustworthy than Hillary. :laugh:
Yeah among the Democratic Candidates.