Obama inauguration will take unlimited corporate funds

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
they've bought Obama,

They buy everyone. Romney was bought at birth. What makes Obama so special? The last person that wasn't bought, Jimmy Carter, was run out of the White House with record numbers. He tried to warn everyone and now this is what we got.

Obama wanted to do the things he said, but I just don't think it is possible anymore given all the big money interests on the table in DC. The last guy who really talked about doing something about it got his fucking head blown off right in front of his wife while riding down the road in Dallas. Now they just ridicule anyone who says similar things like they did with Ron Paul, and if someone like that did get back into office they would probably just have him killed too if he didn't toe the line.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As I so get the wah wah wah reasoning of the GOP. As the Obama 2013 inauguration ball is going to be a giant event, be there or be square. As I check my mail every day for my VIP invite.

Whoppie, as if every past Presidential inauguration was not the same waste of money. Dare we have hoped, if Romney had won, Romney would have advocated austerity in his inauguration. ----------as I don't think so either. And as posters have pointed out, it won't cost the taxpayers a dime.

But its still goes back to GOP wah wah wah, searching for any issue to discredit Obama. When Romney would have made any Obama inauguration excesses look tame by comparison.

Earth to 1prophet and your ilk, get over it, Obama won and Romney lost. And its too late now to change the outcome.

Its now time to talk about ways to improve the future of America on a bi-partisan basis. And if the GOP does not wake up to that reality, after 11/2014, the Dems may end up with a super majority in the House and Senate. And then GOP wah wah wah will become irrelevant.

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
He was wrong on this one. Where do you go from there? On the list of broken promises not concerned about this one.

Frankly I think there shouldn't be an inauguration when POTUS is re-elected.

This. Exactly this.

At most; swearing in, speech, after party (coke and whores optional, but highly encouraged).

On a side note...I know someone that has about $25,000 worth of unexploded fireworks...;)