Obama hits mid-terms campaign trail

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Cheer up Spidey, I will not call you a racist, I will simply call you a misguided idiot. But the worst thing you could ever do Spidey, is to ever think you speak for the majority.

As for the group that predicts Obama will go down as the worst President, past generations said that of Truman also.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Cheer up Spidey, I will not call you a racist, I will simply call you a misguided idiot. But the worst thing you could ever do Spidey, is to ever think you speak for the majority.

As for the group that predicts Obama will go down as the worst President, past generations said that of Truman also.

Well, a majority of Americans now dissaprove of Obama right now, so Spidey does speak for the majority...in a way.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
I HAVE IT! THE SOLUTION! Obama reinstates the draft, everyone has a job because the men are called to the military, the women work the other jobs... and the military deploys to all the listed countries to force peace! :awe:

(Please check your sarcasm meters)
Sorry but military welfare has already been done. USA currently has one of the largest standing armies in the world, second only to China. Military welfare also expands into private contractors, and that too is already pinning the needles. The military is probably the largest welfare program ever since the New Deal.

I have a wicked idea. Let's expand the New Deal to cover 3 million troops instead of just 1.5 million.

Actually, is the military recruiting right now? If you're in deep shit, this is not a bad idea (Iraq is dangerous but working with heavy machinery is dangerous too).

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well, a majority of Americans now dissaprove of Obama right now, so Spidey does speak for the majority...in a way.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I beg to differ Nick, the Obama % approves still outnumber the % disapproves. And % approves is still over 50% and not declining.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallup-daily-obama-job-approval.aspx

Where Obama approval numbers go from here is another question. But I predict, the more Obama can get through congress and the more consensus he can create in the international community, the higher his approval numbers will go up.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Any President would be doing the same, and this one has a more urgent need then most given the expected Dem losses.

It also makes sense on other levels - the more dems he has in Congress the easier to pass his agends and the more he campaigns for them (raising money etc) the more they owe him some favors etc.

Besides, campaigning is what he does best. I'm surprised he didn't start earlier.

Fern

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Fern makes a good point, but still Obama and the dems have not been good at the strong suit for the GOP, namely casting Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt, in one slickly packaged uniform message.

But still, with 6 months plus left until the general election, the dems have time to get much better at their game. And as the old saying goes, 6 months is an eternity in politics.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I HAVE IT! THE SOLUTION! Obama reinstates the draft, everyone has a job because the men are called to the military, the women work the other jobs... and the military deploys to all the listed countries to force peace! :awe:

(Please check your sarcasm meters)
How about he deploy them here at home?

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Just think what could be accomplished. That problem in Arizona? Gone. (Oh, not the illegals, those racists that want the illegals gone.) The elections this fall? No campaigning needed. Tea Parties? Heh, heh, heh, round 'em up.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Last edited:

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
I'm curious, other than it supports your point of view, how is the poll you posted more valid than the one Lemon Law did?

Didn't say it was, did I?

Gallup is not the only poll out there was my main point. Gallup, of all major polls, is the 2nd most favorable to Obama at the moment, so no wonder Lemon law linked it. That Rassmussen poll is in the middle of all major polls. Gallup and the New York Times are the most favorable to Obama at the moment.

Last edited:

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Didn't say it was, did I?

Gallup is not the only poll out there was my main point. Gallup, of all major polls, is the 2nd most favorable to Obama at the moment, so no wonder Lemon law linked it. That Rassmussen poll is in the middle of all major polls. Gallup and the New York Times are the most favorable to Obama at the moment.

You implied that the Rasmussen poll was more valid by your post though.
And although you point out that it is in the middle of polls right now, they both show a similar approval rate.
So by your implication what makes it a more valid poll?

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
Fuck you. You can call me all the names in the world but nobody tells me I don't love my country. Go fuck yourself.

You honestly do hate your country. The only thing you love is your huge fat fucking ego and your "holier than thou" attitude. As was stated in the other response to this, this country is based on the principles of compromise. When you and your kind make this out to be akin to "winning vs losing," you make us all lose. So screw you, you American-hating prick.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Really? With all the trouble our nation is in regarding economy which the president has done little to nothing about this http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100427/ts_alt_afp/usvotepoliticsobama

Oh come the fuck on! How can you simultaneously claim that this man single-handedly did everything he could to wreck the economy, yet he has also done little to nothing about it?

however you look at the current results, he absolutely has had a monumental influence on the economy.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Oh come the fuck on! How can you simultaneously claim that this man single-handedly did everything he could to wreck the economy, yet he has also done little to nothing about it?

however you look at the current results, he absolutely has had a monumental influence on the economy.

I was referring to anything positive like reversing his course of job/economy killing.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
I was referring to anything positive like reversing his course of job/economy killing.

Why don't you write us all a little summary of what he's doing exactly to kill jobs and the economy when all numbers point to exactly the opposite.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Why don't you write us all a little summary of what he's doing exactly to kill jobs and the economy when all numbers point to exactly the opposite.

Demonizing profit/pay. Pay Czar. Harassing wall street. Tax increases. Pushing green energy the market doesn't want. Extending unemployment.

His attitude has businessmen very concerned with no positive outlook is probably the most damaging. Just ask capital investers why they aren't investing and the most common answer is - "Obama and the current administration".

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
You honestly do hate your country. The only thing you love is your huge fat fucking ego and your "holier than thou" attitude. As was stated in the other response to this, this country is based on the principles of compromise. When you and your kind make this out to be akin to "winning vs losing," you make us all lose. So screw you, you American-hating prick.

If every American were like him this would be one messed up country, right? Thank God for him that in addition to the tired, poor, and huddled masses, Lady Liberty welcomes the ideological assholes who think only of self and those exactly like self, too.

Besides, there is no point in trying to talk sense to someone who so delusional that they think their fucked up views are somehow in the majority.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
why do you have to bring race into this. obama will go down in history as one of the worst presidents in history. it has nothing to do w/ race. only you people who want to make it about race and not the failure of the pres bring up race.

I think your crystal ball is stuck on stupid.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
I'm curious, other than it supports your point of view, how is the poll you posted more valid than the one Lemon Law did?

both show a similar approval rating, (47 for Rasmussen, 48.8 for Gallup) the only real difference I see is the disapproval ratings, 52 as stated for Rasmussen, 42 Gallup.

Not all polling is the same. It's important to look at their methodology and statistical analysis. Rasmussen tends to poll individuals living in more conservative districts. It works out to about a ~6% Republican voter ID advantage dating back to last June.

And now you know the rest of the story...

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Not all polling is the same. It's important to look at their methodology and statistical analysis. Rasmussen tends to poll individuals living in more conservative districts. It works out to about a ~6% Republican voter ID advantage dating back to last June.

And now you know the rest of the story...

Thats why their polls are very accurate in the big elections, right?