Obama going for illegal alien amnesty

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
How do you know who's an illegal immigrant so you can arrest and deport them?

Jail the people that support them like you would with anyone who assist someone in breaking the law. Hire someone knowing they are illegal , go to jail. Rent to someone knowing they are illegal, go to jail.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I was hoping for it to go the other way--a repeal of the 14th Amendment and a mass deportation of illegal aliens. My solution is to just put as many as will physically fit in the back of a truck, drive it to Mexico, and then put a huge fence up. Good blacks were slaves, good Native Americans were removed from the land they were the original inhabitants of, good Americans of Japanese descent were genocided, yet these lucky aliens who break the law and bankrupt hospitals get welfare at everyone else's expense?

Also, if this goes through and once they're citizens, they're required by law to be paid the same as everyone else.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I just laughed at how stupid people like spidey are. What in the hell are we to do, arrest all 10 million? Any other solution besides amnesty is bleeping stupid and any suggestion otherwise is just so political BS.

I think the answer is both obvious and easy. No need to hyperventilate about 'rounding people up' etc.

The illegals are not only here because of opportunity (I mean by that an easy way to get here), but because they been motivated to come here.

The obvious answer is first removing that motivation. And if you then add motivation to return home they will do so. There's no reason to resort to hysterical acts.

I've lived in many foreign countries, sometimes legally sometimes not. If there's no motive and opportunity for you to stay, you will leave of your own accord.

Fern

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
This is posted at the Statue of Liberty

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

—Emma Lazarus, 1883

Spidey you aren't defeating anyone. This country has been built and has embraced all people from every corner of this earth. America has never turned away anyone from these shores and we won't turn these millions of souls away either. They deserve a chance at a better life and America has always provided that chance. And truthfully its because of people like you, Spidey, as to the reason these folks have to and are willing to break the law for that chance. No spidey, you are certainly no patriot. True America will stand with these people. True America, she stands with President Obama and the American People. If they are sick, we'll take them. Homeless, we'll take them. Need opportunity, we'll give it. This is America :)

Ummm, those words were written by a Frenchman and on a 'gift' initially meant for another country. We only got it because they refused. If I write something on a gift and send it to your house does that mean you must abide by what I write?

Otherwise you are incorrect. We have long had restrictions on immigration and we certainly have turned away people because they were sick.

Fern

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Too bad we can't yank the citizenship of assholes who oppose Amnesty for illegals. Too bad too their worthless party of Republicans didn't have the balls to legislate on the issue when they had the power the spineless worms.

It's a damn shame that so many assholes in this country are hooked on cheap labor and aren't willing to pay a fair day's wages for a fair day's work.

epidemis

Jun 6, 2007
Is anyone not following that "west european immigrants destroyed the native indians and took their land" should somehow be an inspiration to invite alot of immigrants over? It doesn't compute :/

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Ummm, those words were written by a Frenchman and on a 'gift' initially meant for another country. We only got it because they refused. If I write something on a gift and send it to your house does that mean you must abide by what I write?

Otherwise you are incorrect. We have long had restrictions on immigration and we certainly have turned away people because they were sick.

Fern

Honestly, I laughed out loud, hard. The Statue of Liberty is without question a leading symbol of our country to the world abroad. Who, what, how, when, or why it came be is irrelevant. You sound like a complete fool.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
How do you know who's an illegal immigrant so you can arrest and deport them?

I think a month or so ago, there were 3-4 college students, all illegal immigrants who marched publicly advocating "immigration reform". They made their whereabouts known to the whole nation. As far as I know, none of them have been deported. I'm still waiting.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I think a month or so ago, there were 3-4 college students, all illegal immigrants who marched publicly advocating "immigration reform". They made their whereabouts known to the whole nation. As far as I know, none of them have been deported. I'm still waiting.

Did you say college students? That's strange. You said they were all destined to be criminals?

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
They are criminals. They're leeching money from taxpayer community colleges...

One how do you know they are attending community colleges?
Two how do you know if they are or are not paying for it?

Truth is you consider them less than you and your "patriot crowd". They could be outstanding citizens, may be here through no fault of their own.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
One how do you know they are attending community colleges?

"Sanctuary cities" like San Francisco offer a host of free and tax payer paid services to illegals. Please inform yourself.

Two how do you know if they are or are not paying for it?

Because all they have to do is apply as low income individuals and since "Sanctuary cities" have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy they can all sign up for services normally afforded to American citizens.

Truth is you consider them less than you and your "patriot crowd".

No the truth is you are willing to allow these people to work and game the system to sate your left leaning views and make yourself feel good. All the while spewing fourth race and class warfare baiting bullshit insinuations.

They could be outstanding citizens, may be here through no fault of their own.

If they really want to be "outstanding" citizens then they should do the right thing and go through the legal means of becoming a US citizen like so many others.

As for the "being here through no fault of their own" comment goes it is another bullshit view. These people didn't drop out of the sky they made the effort to get here and broke US immigration laws all on their own.

Last edited:

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
They are criminals. They're leeching money from taxpayer community colleges...

Criminals my arss. The reason they don't pay tax is because the system doesn't give them the option. And even if they don't pay tax, the companies they work for pay tax and it's because of them that those companies are able to survive and make profit.

Just give those illegals a way to become citizen already so they can pay tax and work like everyone else and be a productive citizen.

The key is to stop future illegal immigrants from coming into the US. If that's not addressed, the immigration problem will never be resolved.

American need to stop bickering and deal with those illegal immigrants keep coming in, that should be the highest priority and the focus. Deporting those already here is a waste of money and resources when you can turn them into productive tax paying citizens.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
I've got an idea. Let's take the several hundred thousand U.S. troops we have stationed around the world back home. Then deploy them to the border.

Problem solved!

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Just give those illegals a way to become citizen already so they can pay tax and work like everyone else and be a productive citizen.

We have a path to citizenship, come here legally and it's not a problem.
The key is to stop future illegal immigrants from coming into the US. If that's not addressed, the immigration problem will never be resolved.

Rewarding people coming here illegally is only going to encourage more illegals to sneak in.
American need to stop bickering and deal with those illegal immigrants keep coming in, that should be the highest priority and the focus. Deporting those already here is a waste of money and resources when you can turn them into productive tax paying citizens.

As has been stated in almost every thread about illegal immigration I've ever read, if we remove the illegal alien's opportunity for jobs by jailing/fining the hell out of the people hiring and helping them they would leave the same way they got here.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

Rewarding people coming here illegally is only going to encourage more illegals to sneak in.

As has been stated in almost every thread about illegal immigration I've ever read, if we remove the illegal alien's opportunity for jobs by jailing/fining the hell out of the people hiring and helping them they would leave the same way they got here.

It's people like your mentality that's stopping any progress on illegal immigration. For the past 20 years, there wasn't any "rewarding" illegal immigrants by the way of amnesty, but the illegal immigrants keep coming. US does deport illegals and fine/jail people who hires them, see raids that has happened. And the fact is that the US simply does not have the man power and the resource to comprehensively deal with 12+ million illegals that's already here.

What you are saying is simply continue today's ineffective policy, simply close your eyes to the fact that 12+ million illegal immigrants are already here and life in the US even with today's anti-immigration policy is still better than the hell wherever those people come from, and hope those 12+ million people will simply go away.

Good luck with that.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

The first is true. The second is also true, but I don't think it's smart to automatically kick out those who are here illegally, who are likely to be at least partially acclimated and naturalized, and then allow others to come in their place. I would prefer to admit that both parties want them here, fine them and make them pay their back taxes, kick out the bad ones, and keep the good ones on probation for five or ten years. That way we pay lip service to punishing them, get some tax money, and don't cut off our nose to spite our face. Although I too have a knee preference for kicking them all out, logically I think that's not the best solution.

For your third point, that's true of many illegals and enforcement should definitely be stepped up. However many of these people face starvation or near in their native countries; living in the underground economy doing menial work for below minimum wage in cash beats living in a tar paper shack picking through trash for food. Poor people in Mexico/Honduras/etc. don't have hundred dollar tennis shoes or drive pickup trucks.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
The first is true. The second is also true, but I don't think it's smart to automatically kick out those who are here illegally, who are likely to be at least partially acclimated and naturalized, and then allow others to come in their place. I would prefer to admit that both parties want them here, fine them and make them pay their back taxes, kick out the bad ones, and keep the good ones on probation for five or ten years. That way we pay lip service to punishing them, get some tax money, and don't cut off our nose to spite our face. Although I too have a knee preference for kicking them all out, logically I think that's not the best solution.

For your third point, that's true of many illegals and enforcement should definitely be stepped up. However many of these people face starvation or near in their native countries; living in the underground economy doing menial work for below minimum wage in cash beats living in a tar paper shack picking through trash for food. Poor people in Mexico/Honduras/etc. don't have hundred dollar tennis shoes or drive pickup trucks.

Here is the problem. There are billions of people that want to come to the US. IF we don't have limits, then this country will turn into a shithole. If we suddenly give these illegals a free ride, prepare for a wave of illegals coming from not just Mexico but africa, latin america, and southeast asia as well. "They did it twice, they'll do it again." That's their mentality.

Billions of the poorest, dirtiest people trying to come into the US. I do not want that. I don't think the majority of US citizens want that either. Yes, I understand they want a better life for themselves. Well too bad. They were dealt the hand they have and they need to live with that.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Yes, I understand they want a better life for themselves. Well too bad. They were dealt the hand they have and they need to live with that.

I guess you don't want competition in the low skill and low wage departments. Are you bucking for a manager's position at McDonalds? Or is that reaching too much for you?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
History is not one of their strong points. Or reality for that matter. Irony? Forget it.

You're an idiot. Like I said to John, every country in the world is founded on the land of others. It doesn't matter who owned it in the past, it matters who owns it now. For instance, it's impossible for me to be an illegal immigrant of the USA because I was born here. Who cares if there were actually people here before, they didn't found the USA, they don't own the land claimed as USA, the USA does. This is probably the worst argument in favor of illegal immigrants ever.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Here is the problem. There are billions of people that want to come to the US. IF we don't have limits, then this country will turn into a shithole. If we suddenly give these illegals a free ride, prepare for a wave of illegals coming from not just Mexico but africa, latin america, and southeast asia as well. "They did it twice, they'll do it again." That's their mentality.

Billions of the poorest, dirtiest people trying to come into the US. I do not want that. I don't think the majority of US citizens want that either. Yes, I understand they want a better life for themselves. Well too bad. They were dealt the hand they have and they need to live with that.

Why am I not surprised, that all of the folks who are the dirtiest and will bring the country to being a shithole are either brown, black, or yellow. I swear if we could just get rid of people like you by any means necessary we would be so so much better off.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Why am I not surprised, that all of the folks who are the dirtiest and will bring the country to being a shithole are either brown, black, or yellow. I swear if we could just get rid of people like you by any means necessary we would be so so much better off.
It would be nice if they were each black, brown and yellow all at once. Besides being easy to recognize they'd be much more decorative.

What? Prejudice against striped people makes baby Jesus cry.