Obama for VP?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: yllus
Lies. Everyone who opposes Hillary hates women, or is a sucker easily swayed by a pretty speech.

Between those oft-repeated statements and the work the Democrats do every election to alienate gun owners and the religious... *shakes head* If this was an action movie, I'd be tempted to root for the bad guys just so the dumbassery of the good guys doesn't get rewarded.

So true. And I'm getting pretty sick and tired of hearing how ignorant and gullible I am because I'm following Obama down the yellow brick road of hope, change, and fairy dust.

Hope is great, it just not legal tender. Hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets full the quickest.

You just as well tell me you're going to vote for Obama because he has pretty eyes.

Uh, apparently you missed my point. It's not the magic of hope/change that has me behind Obama. I support Obama because I agree with most of his positions and I think he's the best choice to lead this nation and repair foreign relations.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: Wreckem
Originally posted by: sirjonk
I sincerely doubt that a single candidate would be raising the sort of cash that both are together. Between the two of them they raised over $80 million LAST MONTH!. John McCain, the presumptive nominee, raised $12 million. (or so) You could make the argument that this is actually giving the Democrats a fundraising advantage, not to mention domination of the news cycle.

Fixed!

McCains's probably gonna grab the 100M in public financing anyway.

I dont know. There is a LOT of money yet to be tapped among GOP Donors.

Now that someone has been made official there will be some money go to McCain. Bush can also help him in this area. He can go raise millions in TX, and Florida for McCain.

Also Obama and Clinton are blowing all their money against eachother. They arent going to have much of an advantage.

What is this based on? McCain has been the assured nominee for a month now, including nearly all of February as everyone knew after Romney dropped out that it was over. If you look at the donation profiles of the democratic candidates their fundraising is coming from tons of small donors, very few of whom are at their maximum donation limit. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that Democratic fundraising will slow down... if anything it has been increasing.

There certainly is a lot of money untapped for GOP donors, but McCain's fundraising is already so anemic that even if he doubles his current rate, he's still in a huge hole. I can see no realistic way that the Democrats will not have a HUGE money advantage in this election unless both candidates take federal funding. This is one of many reasons why the GOP is totally screwed in this election.

Its going to cost them $30-40million each for PA.

They are raising money but its going out just as fast as it is coming in.

They will be spending a lot of money up until the Convention.

McCain will be able to get donors. Plus the RNC has out raised the DNC. So he has those funds as well.

Furthermore, he can rely on a lot of negative 527s to help further his cause.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: rchiu
Originally posted by: Dari
If Obama increases his delegate lead after Tuesday, how on earth can he look at his supporters and say he'll take the VP slot? Unacceptable. Hillary is better for VP. She can go to funerals and bake cookies.

Unacceptable because this ticket is gonna kick Repub's butt big time? This is a good chance for Obama to make up for his only weakness, the experience argument, and become a strong candidate 4/8 years down the road. It will be great if Democrats can broker something so if the Hillary/Obama got elected into the office, Obama can do stuff like brokering peace in the middle east, renegotiate NFTA...etc.

There is no point for Hillary to be a VP. She doesn't need more experience and Democrats have nothing to gain having her as a VP candidate. With Hillary/Obama ticket, Democrats could lock up the presidential post for the next 16 years.

hillary is very inexpirienced and doesn't have much of a record, even compared to obama.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: SSSnail
QUIT YOUR FRIGGING HATE! DAMN!

Everywhere I look, every political blog, every single Obotsma posts has been Clinton bashing, Clinton hating. ENOUGH!

Enough with the hate, enough with the idiocy. Clinton wins big in battleground states and BIG GINORMOUS STATES that carry a lot of electoral colleges, if you're a true Dem, and not just an Obotsma, you'd think differently.

I bet you that most of the gen-X (that's right, the GEN-X VOTES), naive voters don't even know where to begin with politics, let alone having a thought for themselves. Most of them don't even respect their mother, so it's understandably that they would lynch Clinton. YOU fit that category. Yes, that's you. Look in the mirror. And don't even get me started on the blacks and Oprah votes.

Look deep within yourself, isn't it time you grow up?

speaking of hate. christ grow up.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

LOL @U Obamabots. One day your complaining about her ex-president husband and that people are only voting for the name then the next day your trying to claim she has no experience.

I'm sure she didn't know pick up any experience in her 8 YEARS IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Geesh!!

since shes been in the whitehouse for 8 years i guess she can't be elected president again right?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: SSSnail
QUIT YOUR FRIGGING HATE! DAMN!

Everywhere I look, every political blog, every single Obotsma posts has been Clinton bashing, Clinton hating. ENOUGH!

Enough with the hate, enough with the idiocy. Clinton wins big in battleground states and BIG GINORMOUS STATES that carry a lot of electoral colleges, if you're a true Dem, and not just an Obotsma, you'd think differently.

I bet you that most of the gen-X (that's right, the GEN-X VOTES), naive voters don't even know where to begin with politics, let alone having a thought for themselves. Most of them don't even respect their mother, so it's understandably that they would lynch Clinton. YOU fit that category. Yes, that's you. Look in the mirror. And don't even get me started on the blacks and Oprah votes.

Look deep within yourself, isn't it time you grow up?

Cliffs: leave hillary alone! *sob*

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: Vic
Obama is a community organizer, an empty suit, the political version of a used car salesman. When is the last time anyone cared about what a community organizer has to say? Why should Obama be any different. He knows the inspirational BS to say, so he says it, but there is no there there.

Now THIS is hate. So far from the truth it can't be anything but.

Originally posted by: Dari
The point went straight over your head. Hillary could've been a 25 cents a blow prostitute, but if she marries the President that changes everything? She didn't earn the right to represent America like all the hard-working Americans working in government.

She'll earn it by winning.

She can't do that either. She could win every primary from here to August and she still cannot possibly win the nomination through popular vote.

I didn't know it was a popular vote contest. It's a delegate contest.
she can't win that either

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: sirjonk
I sincerely doubt that a single candidate would be raising the sort of cash that both are together. Between the two of them they raised over $80 million LAST MONTH!. John McCain, the presumptive nominee, raised $12 million. (or so) You could make the argument that this is actually giving the Democrats a fundraising advantage, not to mention domination of the news cycle.

Fixed!

McCains's probably gonna grab the 100M in public financing anyway.

I dont know. There is a LOT of money yet to be tapped among GOP Donors.

Now that someone has been made official there will be some money go to McCain. Bush can also help him in this area. He can go raise millions in TX, and Florida for McCain.

Also Obama and Clinton are blowing all their money against eachother. They arent going to have much of an advantage.

What is this based on? McCain has been the assured nominee for a month now, including nearly all of February as everyone knew after Romney dropped out that it was over. If you look at the donation profiles of the democratic candidates their fundraising is coming from tons of small donors, very few of whom are at their maximum donation limit. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that Democratic fundraising will slow down... if anything it has been increasing.

There certainly is a lot of money untapped for GOP donors, but McCain's fundraising is already so anemic that even if he doubles his current rate, he's still in a huge hole. I can see no realistic way that the Democrats will not have a HUGE money advantage in this election unless both candidates take federal funding. This is one of many reasons why the GOP is totally screwed in this election.

Its going to cost them $30-40million each for PA.

They are raising money but its going out just as fast as it is coming in.

They will be spending a lot of money up until the Convention.

McCain will be able to get donors. Plus the RNC has out raised the DNC. So he has those funds as well.

Furthermore, he can rely on a lot of negative 527s to help further his cause.

He will be able to get donors, just not nearly as many of them as the Democrats have. The RNC 's total fundraising advantage over the DNC to date is about as much as McCain is losing by each month to Obama. Even if your #'s are accurate for Pennsylvania, that would put McCain at a slight advantage monetarily against Hillary, and just barely breaking even against Obama. Maybe if the Democrats had to spend an extra $30-40 million every single month things would be close.

The only thing you are correct on that will matter significantly in this election cycle is that there are more Republican affiliated 527's to help McCain. Even these will only matter in a meaningful way if both sides decide to take federal funding for the general election. If Obama bypasses federal funding, he will have such a colossal pile of cash compared to McCain that all the 527's in the world won't help him.

The federal spending limit is somewhere around $100 million for this election. At this rate Obama is out raising that EVERY TWO MONTHS. He as a primary candidate is more then quadrupling the fundraising of the Republican presidential nominee. This is catastrophic from a Republican standpoint.

Sorry but while this election could be close for many reasons, to say that the Democrats won't have a significant fundraising advantage does not appear to be supported by reality.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: M0RPH
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO
They did a scenario on a local radio show here yesterday that gave Hillary the win in all 16 remaining votes. Even if she wins them all, she will still not have the electoral votes necessary to win. Super Delegates would be her only way to win. Would they take the win from Obama and give it to her? Very doubtful.

Obama cannot get enough delegates to reach the required number either. The rules say you need 2025 delegates to win the nomination. Hillary has positioned herself as the better candidate since she has shown she has a better chance to win key battleground states like Ohio, Florida, Michigan.
i've called you out on this already, but i don't know how hillary can claim michigan when she was the only person on the ballot and still barely got a majority.

not to mention that you ignore minnesota, iowa, wisconson, virginia, missouri etc, and the fact that a vote of the democratic base doesn't really hold much water for who is going to win the general election.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: RY62
Things are getting a little off topic here. We all know the party is pretty evenly split. This thread isn't so we can hurl insults at each other, it's to discuss the possibility of a Clinton/Obama ticket. Does anybody deny this would be a winning ticket that would re-unite the party?

hillary would be a poor vp choice for obama's campaign, all it carries are negatives.

NinjaGnome

Platinum Member
Jul 21, 2001
If Hilary wins the nomination then McCain is our next president unless Obama is her VP. That is the only way she could win, The turnout for republicans will be a lot more than people think if Clinton is the dems candidate.