Obama: "Economy is improving"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Guess everyone is shopping at Nordstroms instead of Walmart it's so good.

" Wal-Mart Stores Inc. had the worst sales start to a month in seven years as payroll-tax increases hit shoppers already battling a slow economy, according to internal e-mails obtained by Bloomberg News.

“In case you haven’t seen a sales report these days, February MTD sales are a total disaster,” Jerry Murray, Wal- Mart’s vice president of finance and logistics, said in a Feb. 12 e-mail to other executives, referring to month-to-date sales. “The worst start to a month I have seen in my ~7 years with the company.”

A total "disaster"? Consumer spending is rising, supposedly how can this be?
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...ves-sweat-slow-february-start-in-e-mails.html

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Perhaps it's a Wal-Mart problem? Based on a quick check of the most recent data I could find, Target reported increased sales in January. Amazon revenues are up substantially. Maybe people are becoming tired of the whole Wal-Mart "experience". Wal-Mart is certainly big, but it's still only a small slice of our economy as a whole.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Poor people shop at walmart. Poor people are affected by the payroll tax more. Not that the economy isnt totally f'ed in the long run anyway though.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Well the goal is to get more people on government assistance. That would be his ideal of an improving economy. It's improving for the government, and for his agenda, but not for the American people or the American dream. Just Obama's dream, or rather his father's.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
The man is a habitual liar. That is what all Democrat politicians have become these days. The people that vote for them are so stupid they believe what their dear leaders tell them over what their own eyes witness. This idiot is in constant campaign mode corralling idiots to their own demise.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
How do you think Walmarts bottom line will look if the govt institutes the austerity measures so many of you crave?

If people's unemployment, food stamps, and welfare are cut to the bone, would you then e crowing about the improved economy?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

" Wal-Mart Stores Inc. had the worst sales start to a month in seven years as payroll-tax increases hit shoppers already battling a slow economy, according to internal e-mails obtained by Bloomberg News.

“In case you haven’t seen a sales report these days, February MTD sales are a total disaster,” Jerry Murray, Wal- Mart’s vice president of finance and logistics, said in a Feb. 12 e-mail to other executives, referring to month-to-date sales. “The worst start to a month I have seen in my ~7 years with the company.”

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...ves-sweat-slow-february-start-in-e-mails.html

Wondering if you are getting tired of being wrong and making a fool of yourself yet? You are batting .000 this month...

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
The man is a habitual liar. That is what all Democrat politicians have become these days. The people that vote for them are so stupid they believe what their dear leaders tell them over what their own eyes witness. This idiot is in constant campaign mode corralling idiots to their own demise.

Bold for the point at which you lost any argument your crayons were trying to make for you... I didn't vote for the guy twice but I certainly don't consider people that voted for him and not Romney stupid...

:rolleyes:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

That might actually be a reasonable explanation.

I recall seeing that during the beginning of the recession people were switching from shopping at nordstroms to shopping at walmart.

It is not unreasonable to think they might now be switching back.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
How do you think Walmarts bottom line will look if the govt institutes the austerity measures so many of you crave?

If people's unemployment, food stamps, and welfare are cut to the bone, would you then e crowing about the improved economy?

Given how much people on the left hate corporations and Walmart I am almost surprised they don't cut government spending just to hurt them :D

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Don't worry Zebo, the Congressional GOP is still following its gameplan to sabotage the economy. Next up-in two weeks-the self generated crisis of "sequestration" hits home, with tons of layoffs and economic contraction to result. Why-because the GOP wants to cut government spending during a recession, something Hoover did with diasterous results in 1929.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Don't worry Zebo, the Congressional GOP is still following its gameplan to sabotage the economy. Next up-in two weeks-the self generated crisis of "sequestration" hits home, with tons of layoffs and economic contraction to result. Why-because the GOP wants to cut government spending during a recession, something Hoover did with diasterous results in 1929.

Yep, people will be so desperate they will vote against their own self interests and put the Republicans back in the oval office next cycle.

History always repeats itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.