Obama declares White House no longer subject to Freedom of Information Act

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Par for the course for a criminal that's acted against whistle blowers with unprecedented aggression. He wants to know everything we do, but you; his employer, can go fuck yourself. If you don't care to fuck yourself, he can provide the fucking for only a small fee(tax).

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Did nobody else read the article where it said courts had already determined it did not apply?

Obama has basically carried on the same executive policies that have prevailed for...well...I dont know how long. They are shitty, and they badly need strengthening and improvement. His administration has been terrible in that regard.

That being said, this has nothing to do with any of that. It's a simple change to reflect a policy the courts already said.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I did see that, but that makes it legal, not right.

Agreed but some of the posters are taking the position that Obama is bad for saying the law doesn't apply. Which appears to be an already settled legal question. Congress can always amend the act to make it apply.

Jan 25, 2011
I did see that, but that makes it legal, not right.

It also means that Obama didn't declare anything and as usual you have the typical right wing frothing about things that have been going on under previous administrations with the full backing and support of law.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Did nobody else read the article where it said courts had already determined it did not apply?

Obama has basically carried on the same executive policies that have prevailed for...well...I dont know how long. They are shitty, and they badly need strengthening and improvement. His administration has been terrible in that regard.

That being said, this has nothing to do with any of that. It's a simple change to reflect a policy the courts already said.

Except Obama promised transparency.

Or did the shill talking points skip over that?

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
It also means that Obama didn't declare anything and as usual you have the typical right wing frothing about things that have been going on under previous administrations with the full backing and support of law.

I definitely noticed all that too, but it's still not right.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
In other news, Obama replaces the vintage lead glass windows of the White House with frosted glass. So much for transparency.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
No one has said that.

Care to make up another straw man?

I'm sorry I thought when the OP was whining about the administration saying the law didn't apply to them he was implying it was illegal.

How about having Congress change the law?

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
The example this sets, is that one should shoot to get away with as much as legally possible.

This is how I view Obama, and Hillary. People that try and get away with as much as legally possible.

If this is what you think America is all about, I feel sorry for you.

If this is the lesson you want your sons and daughters to learn, I feel sorry for you.

-John