Obama campaign doesn't sell merchandise for Muslim supporters

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/25/obama-campaign-doesnt-sell-merchandise-for-muslim-supporters/

President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign is selling merchandise aimed at various minority, religious and ethnic groups, but there appears to be at least one glaring omission from its website’s selection: Obama isn’t selling anything marketed to “Muslim Americans for Obama.”

The campaign does sell gear branded for “Jewish Americans for Obama,” “African Americans for Obama,” “Latinos/Hispanics for Obama,” “LGBT for Obama,” “Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders for Obama” and “Women for Obama,” among other groups.

As progs love to do, everyone must be divided into categories and sub-categories. We're all supposed to be equal and we're told we're all in this together, but we're to be separated when it's expeditious to do so.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) told The Daily Caller that the president’s campaign should be “inclusive.”

“CAIR believes any campaign for public office should seek to be inclusive of all Americans,” CAIR’s National Legislative Director Corey Saylor wrote in an email to TheDC.

A spokesperson for Minnesota Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison – who is a Muslim and an outspoken advocate for Muslims in Congress – said on Wednesday that the congressman was “unavailable to comment today” on the matter.

It's unclear to me if CAIR is saying they'd like their own little separate category of Obama merchandise they can buy or if they feel "inclusive of all Americans" means marketing to specific ethnic and religious groups among others is not condoned by them.
The Obama campaign doesn’t sell any merchandise branded for Christians, either, making Jewish Americans the only religiously-affiliated constituency with official Obama swag.

No surprise there. I won't be buying anything until they market something specifically for African American, LGBT, Muslim, Veteran, Amputees. Fuck 'em.

Feb 6, 2007
Jewish has been used to refer to a race of people, and not just a religion, for a very long time, primarily because Jewish people have had a nomadic existence throughout much of the 20th century as they were evicted from different countries or made the subject of mass genocide. I've always thought that using Jewish to refer to a race of people seemed a bit silly, but it's hardly a new precedent.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
"Jewish" isn't aimed squarely at religion btw, so the fact that there's no religious affiliation on their web site (apparently) makes sense, considering there's also no Christian or Muslim affiliations either.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
OP you are trying too hard.

Try starting some posts about Romney's proposed policy changes and their benefits, that would be more useful.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
There are still about twice as many Jews as Muslims in the US so it could be a situation of not having a critical mass. That or it's just a smart political move. They won't gain that much from having the shirts and if they did it would be used as a criticism by the right. But now that the right is upset about it, maybe you will see them sold?

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
Well according to the OP they are selling [RACE] for Obama stuff not [RELIGION] for Obama stuff... So I don't see the problem.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To some extent, American, even before 1650 is a nation built by the religiously persecuted
who emigrated here to find a better life. Only to find out they were in the same boat with many other conflicting religious groups.

As somewhat something miraculous happened as the principle of the great American melting pot happened. Faced with the choice of building a great country or wallowing in past religious hatreds, we found it was best to have freedom of worship and allow religious tolerance.

And even today, even if I am a critic of Israeli government policy, our American Jews are not the problem, our American Muslims are not the problem, but still there is always friction in our great and continuing American melting pot.

Our problem is a rather stupid American Government foreign and domestic policy. Sure we can make the case some American ethnicity is the problem, because we can always find many nuts in any large group, and all it takes is highly selective reasoning.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Try starting some posts about Romney's proposed policy changes and their benefits, that would be more useful.

If the Obama campaign offered "Muslims for Obama" gear, the OP would likely claim it was proof positive that he really is a sekrit mooslim who wasn't born in this country & makes the baby Jesus cry, right after he impoverishes the Rich, grabs yer guns, puts his grubby gubmint hands on yer Medicare, and enforces Sharia Law.

That'll let him have a slave harem of white women, which is what they really want, anyway. White women! Never forget it!

Did i leave anything out? Gimme a hand, here, guys...

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

The place has turned into a troll fest with a small handful of prog posters that pepper the forum daily with post after post of inconsequential drivel. You can't fault a guy for just trying to fit in...

But, there's a point to all my posts. Ya either git it or ya don't. Or you get it and prefer to pretend you didn't.

I'll just come out and say it. We're never going to work together as one when we're being purposefully divided - and going along with it.

Jan 25, 2011
If the Obama campaign offered "Muslims for Obama" gear, the OP would likely claim it was proof positive that he really is a sekrit mooslim who wasn't born in this country & makes the baby Jesus cry, right after he impoverishes the Rich, grabs yer guns, puts his grubby gubmint hands on yer Medicare, and enforces Sharia Law.

That'll let him have a slave harem of white women, which is what they really want, anyway. White women! Never forget it!

Quite honestly I'm disappointed you made no reference to the Muslim Brotherhood. Thought that was mandatory now.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

You must have like a word scrambler of somethin' because your posts all read the same just the words is in different order.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
bachmann_rect-460x307.jpg

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Funny how he's supposed to be a uniter and bring everyone together, yet splits everything up neatly by race when marketing his garbage. Typical hypocrite.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Funny how he's supposed to be a uniter and bring everyone together, yet splits everything up neatly by race when marketing his garbage. Typical hypocrite.

LGBT is a Race? Women? Who knew?

Bringing diverse groups together for a purpose doesn't mean that they lose their distinctiveness in the process, or that members of those groups wish to do so.

Does offshoring your millions mean that you "Believe in America"? How could it?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
As progs love to do, everyone must be divided into categories and sub-categories. We're all supposed to be equal and we're told we're all in this together, but we're to be separated when it's expeditious to do so.

http://www.jewsformitt.org/
http://womenforromney2012.wordpress.com/

Also... look under the "Communities" menu of Romney's own campaign website: http://www.mittromney.com/ No, no segmentation of the public along racial/gender/religious lines there at all :rolleyes:

Political campaigns divide everyone into categories. It's nothing new. Why you're just now getting your undies in a bunch about it I don't know, but don't kid yourself.. it's been happening for a long time.

Last edited:

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
The place has turned into a troll fest with a small handful of prog posters that pepper the forum daily with post after post of inconsequential drivel. You can't fault a guy for just trying to fit in...

But, there's a point to all my posts. Ya either git it or ya don't. Or you get it and prefer to pretend you didn't.

I'll just come out and say it. We're never going to work together as one when we're being purposefully divided - and going along with it.

Your intent was clear and a bad mistake, as posters pointed out in short order.

This has nothing to do with political views, this has to do with incorrect conclusions.

So I challenged you to be different! Tell us how wonderful whichever candidate you support is! Let us know how future policies that person advocates would help us.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
It's unclear to me if CAIR is saying they'd like their own little separate category of Obama merchandise they can buy or if they feel "inclusive of all Americans" means marketing to specific ethnic and religious groups among others is not condoned by them.

Lemme guess the CAIR definition of "inclusive of all Americans" = No Jews, no LGBTs