Obama Calls For "Jew Tax"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
He was probably confused because he was thinking about that famous group, Jews for Janitors. He was going to ask them for a donation, before he destroy Israel.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Well, when added to the 57 states gaffe, Republicans now have 2 gaffes of Obama's to have fun with. Two gaffes in the past 3 years. If he keeps up this rate in 25 years Republicans might actually have some material to hate on him with instead of the lunatic imaginings they have now. If you're wondering what lunatic imaginings I mean, ask spidey to post ... well anything he's ever posted in P&N.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Well, when added to the 57 states gaffe, Republicans now have 2 gaffes of Obama's to have fun with. Two gaffes in the past 3 years. If he keeps up this rate in 25 years Republicans might actually have some material to hate on him with instead of the lunatic imaginings they have now. If you're wondering what lunatic imaginings I mean, ask spidey to post ... well anything he's ever posted in P&N.

just two gaffes huh?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Naw, naw, naw, it was the Jews that wont' let me talk to Obama!

If anybody doubts this presidents deep seated hatred of Jews you haven't been paying attention to him or who he associates with.

http://www.google.com/search?q=rev+...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks for the update, spidey! Since you always claim that we aren't paying attention to Obama's real views on so many topics, do you think you could give us a list of his main sins? (maybe his hatred of white people, capitalism, jews, guns, America, etc)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Not surprisingly considering the poster, the thread subject is false.

Obama's gaffe wasn't to call for a 'jew tax'. It was to call for the rich to pay at least the tax rate that jews pay. That's a call for a tax on the rich, not a 'jew tax'.

But 'jew tax' sounds like a lot worse gaffe than the actual gaffe.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

And anybody that disagrees must be a retarded, teabagger that hasn't had their breathalyzer treatment and isn't getting enough oxygen.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Not surprisingly considering the poster, the thread subject is false.

Obama's gaffe wasn't to call for a 'jew tax'. It was to call for the rich to pay at least the tax rate that jews pay. That's a call for a tax on the rich, not a 'jew tax'.

But 'jew tax' sounds like a lot worse gaffe than the actual gaffe.

I think you may be on to something. lol

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Remember Rev. Wright's views of Jews? And Obama's bitch slap by Netenyahoo?

He is at his core, strongly anti-Semite, it's a big part of who he is.

So you think he's anti-semitic and that's why he wants billionaires to pay the same tax rate as Jews? Does that mean he's anti-janitor too?

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010

To me this highlights what I see from a lot of liberals. If a liberal were only to be aware of the 2 gaffes, then there were only 2 gaffes from Obama over the past 3 years.

Obama has many more than 2 gaffes, they just don't garner the same interest from the media that was levied on Bush in similiar circumstances.

I doubt Obama will wear this mistake the same way Bush would have.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
To me this highlights what I see from a lot of liberals. If a liberal were only to be aware of the 2 gaffes, then there were only 2 gaffes from Obama over the past 3 years.

Obama has many more than 2 gaffes, they just don't garner the same interest from the media that was levied on Bush in similiar circumstances.

I doubt Obama will wear this mistake the same way Bush would have.

One of your problems is that because you are biased you make the false equivalency assumption that Obama HAS to be as bad as Bush at this, and any statements to the contrary can't be accurate, they have to be 'bias' that's anti-Bush. Any more attention to a Bush gaffe can't be because the gaffe was worse, because Bush was more gaffe-prone and therefore covered more on it like Dan Quayle was.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
One of your problems is that because you are biased you make the false equivalency assumption that Obama HAS to be as bad as Bush at this, and any statements to the contrary can't be accurate, they have to be 'bias' that's anti-Bush. Any more attention to a Bush gaffe can't be because the gaffe was worse, because Bush was more gaffe-prone and therefore covered more on it like Dan Quayle was.
Not that I find this to be more than an amusing slip of the tongue, but nothing Bush ever did comes close to Obama thanking himself for inviting himself to the White House to meet himself. THAT was classic.

As reported by Woodie Allen.
Ah, the wisdom of men who marry their daughters . . .

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Obama is going to win the Jewish vote, again, next year. And again, GOP is going to be asking, philosophically, "why do Jews vote for Democrats?"

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Obama is going to win the Jewish vote, again, next year. And again, GOP is going to be asking, philosophically, "why do Jews vote for Democrats?"

You didn't pay attention to NY 9th district. He's lost the jewish vote with his Israel bus throwing.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Is this a tax Jews have to pay or is it a tax on owning Jews? I need the specifics ASAP.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
You didn't pay attention to NY 9th district. He's lost the jewish vote with his Israel bus throwing.

From what ive observed, most moderate and left of center democrats are not hostile to Israel and Jewish people in general. However, many of the far "progressive" left seem to be very hostile towards Israel these days, and in many cases Jewish people. Now before someone throws the "Just because one is critical of Israel, doesnt mean they hate Jews" at me, I know this. As I have been been critical of some Israeli polocies and im very pro Israel. One can be both. im talking about the vile comments I have seen about Jews on a few progressive websites. I would expect to see these types of comments on sites like stormfront.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Is this a tax Jews have to pay or is it a tax on owning Jews? I need the specifics ASAP.
:D

From what ive observed, most moderate and left of center democrats are not hostile to Israel and Jewish people in general. However, many of the far "progressive" left seem to be very hostile towards Israel these days, and in many cases Jewish people. Now before someone throws the "Just because one is critical of Israel, doesnt mean they hate Jews" at me, I know this. As I have been been critical of some Israeli polocies and im very pro Israel. One can be both. im talking about the vile comments I have seen about Jews on a few progressive websites. I would expect to see these types of comments on sites like stormfront.
There is a sizable part of self-identified progressives who despise religion. Jews, being a group defined by religion (and a religion associated with Christianity), come in for some serious hatred from these folks. Muslims, being identified with hating Christianity, pretty much get a pass.