Obama buying Hilary's support

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
From what was said on CNN or MSNBC last night (I forget which) Hillary is looking to aise the $10M she still owes campaign vendors and will eat the $12M she lent her campaign.

Obama has asked his donors to donate to Hillary's campaign. Whether or not they do is up to them. Frankly, I suspect a lot won't because of the perception that Hillary carried her campaign far too long for no real purpose.

But this is the way the game is played in the real world. it's not a matter of buying support, it's a matter of mending fences. Get used to it.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
it's also called sportsmanship. you don't shoot the ducks while they are on the ground.

edit: he only gave her the limit of a couple grand (chump change.)

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: Fern
-snip-

Well one thing you might think about though is how much of that $22 million or so was spent attacking Obama.

Really though, this is pretty common practice.

1st thing to pop into my mind.

Seems a bad tactical move; you're just financing your opponet's atacks on you. Not something I'd wanna finance.

But I suppose if you wanna get their supporters behind you, you'd better help them out.

Of course, that could be a good reason Hillary remained in- to demonstrate the significance of her support. If, say Gravel has campaign debt, I bet he's out of luck. :(

Fern

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: judasmachine
it's also called sportsmanship. you don't shoot the ducks while they are on the ground.

edit: he only gave her the limit of a couple grand (chump change.)

Bill and Hillary Clinton on Friday contributed $2,300 apiece to Barack Obama?s campaign after Obama and his wife, Michelle, wrote checks for the same amount to Hillary Clinton.

The passing of the checks between these individuals was symbolic. He wants/needs her donors to start writing checks to him and she wants/needs his donors to do the same for her.