Obama bombed today...

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
1) Nothing but sound bights: check
2) All style, no substance: check
3) Borrowed half his speech from JFK: check
4) Never consulted a German on his speech: check

It was just so embarrassing to watch. He would come to points where he'd expect Americans to clap and got nothing from the Germans. I swear, it was a speech designed for Americans, but delivered in Europe? Did he ask some German professionals about their concerns? Why not throw in some German words ala "Ich bin ein Berliner"? What was he thinking? Talking about the American heartland and "restoring the Union"? WTF? Union what? Union between people? Germans don't give a shit. What arrogance!

He totally bombed today. So much that nothing is mentioned about it on CNN's "Latest News" section. It's not even a headline under "Politics".

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I thought it was alright.

scripted Obama is starting to get boring, though. when was the last time he had a genuine moment? I can't remember the last time he deviated from his speech writers.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Give our news media whores 12 hours to fix this wrong.
All is well.

In the meantime read those compelling pieces on CNN about how shitty it is being black in America.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Seems to be getting good reviews in the U.S. and outside.

I mean, he's no John McCain explaining how there was a surge before the surge, but he can articulate his way out of a mob of germanic barbarians.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Genx87

In the meantime read those compelling pieces on CNN about how shitty it is being black in America.

It's enough to make me want to puke.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: Butterbean
He sounded like a Miss Universe contestant with the "citizen of the world" stuff.

:laugh:

:D

I'm laughing as well. The shallowness of the "rightwingers" gives me more chuckles than anything.........

Maybe he should have jumped the Chancellor and give her a mighty back rub........... :D

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile

It was just so embarrassing to watch. He would come to points where he'd expect Americans to clap and got nothing from the Germans. I swear, it was a speech designed for Americans, but delivered in Europe? Did he ask some German professionals about their concerns? Why not throw in some German words ala "Ich bin ein Berliner"? What was he thinking? Talking about the American heartland and "restoring the Union"? WTF? Union what? Union between people? Germans don't give a shit. What arrogance!

He totally bombed today. So much that nothing is mentioned about it on CNN's "Latest News" section. It's not even a headline under "Politics".

Topic Title: Obama bombed today...

Was this President Obama?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile

Topic Title: Obama bombed today...

Was this President Obama?

In their minds it is... They have little to offer more than the McSame - so this is what they do to feel better.....

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: Genx87

It's enough to make me want to puke.

Kiichi Miyazawa isn't around any longer for that kind of stuff.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
you will have to forgive Obama for not starting out with

"YO Germanicans!!"

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I particularly enjoyed the part where Obama was explaining the Berlin Airlift to the people of Germany! Priceless!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
One thing for sure, Obama should have been visiting an off shore oil rig during a hurricane rather than bothering to touch base with the German people. Besides, silly rabbit, everyone knows that once groped by GWB, Merkel will ever be true.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Why do I feel like I fell asleep and missed the election?

Obama must be the first political candidate to ever venture overseas based on the amount of news coverage he is getting.

The whole thing just strikes of arrogance. Visiting Iraq and Afghanistan is a good thing and he needed to do it. But this European victory tour is beyond belief. Meeting with world leaders is good. Holding campaign rallies in foreign countries is bad.