Obama, Biden's Son Linked by Earmarks

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Text

Sen. Barack Obama sought more than $3.4 million in congressional earmarks for clients of the lobbyist son of his Democratic running mate, Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware, records show. Obama succeeded in getting $192,000 for one of the clients, St. Xavier University in suburban Chicago.

Obama's campaign has taken a hard stance against the world of lobbying in the nation's capital. Obama said he limits his own efforts to get money for pet projects -- a process known as earmarking -- to those that benefit the public. He has posted his earmark requests on his presidential campaign Web site to encourage transparency.

New path of change?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
To quote myself from the Claim About Biden?s Wealth Hits the Mark thread:
OMFG!!! Barack Obama tried to get funding for a University and a Cancer Treatment Center in his state!!! And he actually got almost $200,000 for the University!!!

Loose the Hounds!!! We must run down and punish this miscreant!!!
This was a troll in that thread, and it's a troll here. Where is the scandal in a senator trying to advance education and public health?

Seriously, Get a Clue!!!

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: winnar111
Originally posted by: Robor
Do you have a point here?

I'm just curious as to why Mr. Chchchchange is funneling money like a typical Washington politician.

because he is a politician in Washington?

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
OMFG!!! Barack Obama tried to get funding for a University and a Cancer Treatment Center in his state!!! And he actually got almost $200,000 for the University!!!

This was a troll in that thread, and it's a troll here. Where is the scandal in a senator trying to advance education and public health?

Seriously, Get a Clue!!!

With the Bidens skimming 10% off the top?

Well, I guess they are poor! :laugh:

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe

Seriously, Get a Clue!!!

:thumbsup: